Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chelsea closing in on Llorente

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:36 pm

Chelsea closing in on Llorente

07/07/17

The future of Swans stiker Fernando Llorente continues to spark speculation, with reports suggesting that some bookies have the Spaniard at 1/3 on to join Chelsea, who are understood to looking for a replacement for Diego Costa having already seemingly missed out on a deal for Romelu Lukaku.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Chelsea closing in on Llorente

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:51 pm

Chelsea have matched man Utd bid

Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:17 am

smackajack101309 wrote:Chelsea have matched man Utd bid

But he is going to Manu, unveiled within the next 24 hours, Rooney the other way........

Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:15 pm

A good deal for whichever club he ends up at and for Swansea financially, if I'm being honest! :thumbup:

Llorente (like Sigurdsson) better than Swansea and more than good enough for a Top 4 side, so the financial boost will come in very handy for a club who (sadly) I don't believe will struggle under Paul Clement this coming season ;)

Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:39 pm

Sven wrote:A good deal for whichever club he ends up at and for Swansea financially, if I'm being honest! :thumbup:

Llorente (like Sigurdsson) better than Swansea and more than good enough for a Top 4 side, so the financial boost will come in very handy for a club who (sadly) I don't believe will struggle under Paul Clement this coming season ;)

Trouble is they've got rid of gomes, bastone and I'm sure lorrente will go and probably guilfison and possibly mortson lot to lose! Yes great financial business but as last two seasons have shown keep changing players as regular as they do that comes at a cost! Clements good coach but will he cut it as a no 1 ? :old:

Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:51 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:A good deal for whichever club he ends up at and for Swansea financially, if I'm being honest! :thumbup:

Trouble is they've got rid of gomes, bastone and I'm sure lorrente will go and probably guilfison and possibly mortson lot to lose! Yes great financial business but as last two seasons have shown keep changing players as regular as they do that comes at a cost! Clements good coach but will he cut it as a no 1 ? :old:

Allan, I would love them to struggle again but I just can't see it. Clement (sort of) proved his ability in the latter part of last season and they should get some good replacements in with the money at their disposal

They had a big scare last season and were lucky a couple of teams were in bigger meltdown; otherwise we'd be looking forward to the two local derbies this season. Sadly, I just can't see it happening again! :(

Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Allan, I would love them to struggle again but I just can't see it. Clement (sort of) proved his ability in the latter part of last season and they should get some good replacements in with the money at their disposal

They had a big scare last season and were lucky a couple of teams were in bigger meltdown; otherwise we'd be looking forward to the two local derbies this season. Sadly, I just can't see it happening again! :(

Well it's last two seasons they've struggled and in reality have they spent wisely replacing bony ect ect, I don't think they have as instead of progressing they have in fact Gone backwards! Is it temporary time will tell and a lot depends on Clements recruiting powers? I don't think they will be relegated but can see struggle again. :old:

Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:57 pm

We stayed up on merit. We achieved 41 points. regardless of what others did, 41 points will see you safe 95% of the time I would suggest. That was on the back of some quite horrendous decisions which became the instigator for the movement in video ref technology.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:01 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Well it's last two seasons they've struggled and in reality have they spent wisely replacing bony ect ect, I don't think they have as instead of progressing they have in fact Gone backwards! Is it temporary time will tell and a lot depends on Clements recruiting powers? I don't think they will be relegated but can see struggle again. :old:

Myth. the year previous we finished 12th, 3 points behind Chelsea, double figures clear of relegation spots. There are a lot of clubs that would give their right arm to achieve that sort of finish.