Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Suspended for protesting!? '

Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:46 pm

dogfound wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:This is standard practice in public sector.

The suspension will be on full pay and reviewed weekly whilst the investigation goes on.

It's not about her support for this cause but more about t&cs that preclude publicly acting/supporting political causes without prior clearance.

If she hasn't breached those conditions then the suspension will be lifted and no further action taken. She will not be able to sue as long as the employers follow their HR policies to the letter.

It would be the same if it had been a cummunist /left extremist rally.

Nothing new or unusual, a bit of a non-story I think.

id be more than wiiling to see this point if anyone of the people like your self came up with the list of probably hundreds of thousands of public sector employees who have over time been treated likewise.

its flat out censorship...dont go to EDL protests or risk being under threat of losing your job.
THATS THE MESSAGE
please stop pretending its not.

No, sorry but you're way off kilter here! :(

The practice is more common than you think; particularly where there is a 'public' element involved, e.g. where the investigated individual is a government/council employee

Only a week or so ago, a lot of people were engaging with an individual who claimed to have been on hunger strike, having allegedly been treated in similar fashion by Cardiff City Council

Try to understand the term 'safeguarding', as it simply means the employer (rightly or wrongly) is protecting their own and their stakeholder interests by taking the employee out of the arena whilst they investigate

What if it turned out the employee was involved in something sinister and they had done nothing about it despite the warnings? People would rightly go into meltdown!

It is also worth a look at what ACAS have to say on the matter when disputes are eventually sent to them for arbitration. It might just surprise you!

The big difference is publicity and you rarely here of the majority of cases that occur because the media haven't jumped on them for their own reporting interests

Not hearing about cases doesn't mean that they don't occur! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:03 pm

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

The suspension will be on full pay and reviewed weekly whilst the investigation goes on.

It's not about her support for this cause but more about t&cs that preclude publicly acting/supporting political causes without prior clearance.

If she hasn't breached those conditions then the suspension will be lifted and no further action taken. She will not be able to sue as long as the employers follow their HR policies to the letter.

id be more than wiiling to see this point if anyone of the people like your self came up with the list of probably hundreds of thousands of public sector employees who have over time been treated likewise.

its flat out censorship...dont go to EDL protests or risk being under threat of losing your job.
THATS THE MESSAGE

The practice is more common than you think; particularly where there is a 'public' element involved, e.g. where the investigated individual is a government/council employee

Only a week or so ago, a lot of people were engaging with an individual who claimed to have been on hunger strike, having allegedly been treated in similar fashion by Cardiff City Council

Try to understand the term 'safeguarding', as it simply means the employer (rightly or wrongly) is protecting their own and their stakeholder interests by taking the employee out of the arena whilst they investigate

What if it turned out the employee was involved in something sinister and they had done nothing about it despite the warnings? People would rightly go into meltdown!

It is also worth a look at what ACAS have to say on the matter when disputes are eventually sent to them for arbitration. It might just surprise you!

The big difference is publicity and you rarely here of the majority of cases that occur because the media haven't jumped on them for their own reporting interests

out of kilter.?
go on suprise me give me any person ..any list...there must be hundreds of thousands on it...and not blokes unfaily sacked for god knows what { fella on here probably with mental health issues that you have brought into it for no reason??????????????????????}
taking part in a protest/demo/march = suspendion... pleae give examples..

its wrong..your wrong..either back it up or dont.....your post here is the later...a lets PRETEND its standard practice with absolutely no evidence.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:56 am

Interesting as they continue to do what they want

http://freedomsfinalstand.com/muslim-on ... ect-islam/

Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:25 am

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:

THATS THE MESSAGE

out of kilter.?
go on suprise me give me any person ..any list...there must be hundreds of thousands on it...and not blokes unfaily sacked for god knows what { fella on here probably with mental health issues that you have brought into it for no reason??????????????????????}
taking part in a protest/demo/march = suspendion... pleae give examples..

its wrong..your wrong..either back it up or dont.....your post here is the later...a lets PRETEND its standard practice with absolutely no evidence.

Fair do's, you make oi larff on occasion! ;) :clap: :lol:

I'm neither for or against you individually. Like most others, I either agree with you or I don't and on this occasion you've got it all wrong!

I don't PRETEND anything and I don't recall ANYONE in this thread stating that people were routinely suspended for attending a march. Maybe you can though; given that you are so keen on lists as proof of occurrence?

What several people with strong links in the public sector, including experience of unions, have rightly said is that there are policies that allow for suspension as an option when an employee is accused or suspected of acting in a manner that is contradictory to the rules and values of that organisation and/or its stakeholders (which might include the public themselves)

The person is removed from the workplace as a safeguard and it happens more than you appear to realise or want to admit. It is done on full pay whilst an investigation occurs and the outcome will either be full exoneration (person goes back to work with no stain on their record) or a disciplinary process and all that that entails ensues, i.e. varying levels of sanction depending on the severity of the original issue, if found guilty of course

Try reading (or researching) what Tim 'piledriver64' has written properly rather than launching into people just because you don't want to believe/accept something. By the way, he also doesn't state that it people are 'routinely suspended' simply for attending a march in his reasoned post! ;) :ayatollah:

Re: Suspended for protesting!?

Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Suspension is routine while they look into incident! Standard practice in all gvmnt jobs? Stupid I know but that's gvmnt for you. :o

We all know if it was a far left March or she went with Antifa she would not of been suspended. The trouble is with the left they do not believe in democracy in the slightest.
Let's look on what they do if you disagree with them
1/ Call you a racist or a Bigot
2/ Call you a Neo Nazi
3/ Tell you you are full of hate
4/ Be violent to you but it's acceptable because you are all the above
5/ They have infiltrated our schools and are preaching to the kids so we have brainwashed kids leaving school with the same mindset. And as this dinner lady has found out she is now all the above and is now suspended.
6/ If you demonstrate you are met with smelly unwashed hooded thugs wanting to smash your face in but not understanding why they want o do that.
Feck the left and that's my view :thumbup: