Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wayne Rooney Returns

Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:05 pm

Wayne Rooney returns and joins his hometown football club Everton from Manchester United

Re: Wayne Rooney Returns

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:30 pm

Unbelievable! What can he possibly bring to Everton? Craziest signing so far this pre season. I thought he would have dropped down to league 1if any club would have taken a gamble on him.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:34 pm

Barnypipsweep wrote:Unbelievable! What can he possibly bring to Everton? Craziest signing so far this pre season. I thought he would have dropped down to league 1if any club would have taken a gamble on him.

You think?

I was just about to give him credit for not trebling his wages and going to China. I thought he was doing right by his young kids and taking a lesser wage to be near home and family.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:37 pm

Barnypipsweep wrote:Unbelievable! What can he possibly bring to Everton? Craziest signing so far this pre season. I thought he would have dropped down to league 1if any club would have taken a gamble on him.

Jesus, and there was me saying the levels of sense had increased on this forum over the years :shock:

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:46 pm

Good re-signing for them. But they'll need another striker to replace Lukaku's goals still.

Have a feeling that Lukaku could become a superstar at Man Utd. The way he performs at his age is incredible.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:04 pm

Always a BLUE ;) :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:23 pm

So will he kiss the Everton badge in front of the manu fans now like he kissed the manu badge in front of the Everton fans?

Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:55 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Good re-signing for them. But they'll need another striker to replace Lukaku's goals still.

Have a feeling that Lukaku could become a superstar at Man Utd. The way he performs at his age is incredible.

I do wonder where Everton will play him. Man U tried all kinds of positions without success.

He can't compete in midfield with the strong, robust and quick midfield players the top 5 or 6 clubs have.

If they play him up front with some pace around him he could be a great signing.

Agree about Lukaku for United. Super signing for them

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:04 am

On a free as well?! Can't understand the free bit or is he part of the Lukaku deal? I think it's good he hasn't gone to China and I actually think going to Everton with the calibrate of players they're looking to bring in will reignite his fire and passion - he's done it all himself he could very well be the difference with his experience to finally bring Everton some silverware

Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:49 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:On a free as well?! Can't understand the free bit or is he part of the Lukaku deal? I think it's good he hasn't gone to China and I actually think going to Everton with the calibrate of players they're looking to bring in will reignite his fire and passion - he's done it all himself he could very well be the difference with his experience to finally bring Everton some silverware

Think of the wages utd will save Rooney still had a few years left on his contract