Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Football fans fighting last night & out of control at Boxing

Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:50 am

Football fans fighting last night & out of control at Boxing

West Ham fans involved

Riot at boxing copper box arena Just After Asinia Byfield Won Against Sam Mcness
Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib3BmV1DV2E

Mass brawl at boxing after fan favourite Sam McNess loses and winner Asinia Byfield makes gesture to crowd

Mirror Sport

Saturday 8th July 2017

The crowd get into a huge brawl during the Sam McNess & Asinia Byfield fight

Crowd trouble marred the boxing tonight after fan favourite Sam McNess was stopped in brutal fashion by Asinia Byfield.

McNess, who has a huge backing from West Ham supporters, with many to believed to have got involved in the trouble, took huge punishment in the fourth, with the heavy beating continuing in the next round before the towel was thrown in.

Byfield celebrated by jumping up on to the ropes and screaming at the crowd and throwing up the ‘Irons’ pose, which seemed to rile the fans.

The ring announcer at the Copper Box in Stratford, East London, could then be heard screaming for fans to behave, shouting: “Calm down.”

A prolonged advert break followed before BT Sport anchor Paul Dempsey provided an update, insisting it was a “quite serious incident” and that the authorities were dealing with the matter.

Video footage from inside the Copper Box shows large crowds squaring up to one another, with punches thrown.

Some of those involved looked to fall to the ground as the scenes escalated and stewards tried to regain control of the situation.

Byfield made a quick exit from the ring as the trouble continued.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Football fans fighting last night & out of control at Bo

Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:50 am

Out of control
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib3BmV1DV2E

The Sun

West Han fans during the night sang Songs about bubbles, United,Mother Brown and McNess being ‘one of our own’ echoed around the arena and the only surprise about McNess’ first round warning from the ref was that it was audible at ringside.

Byfield had ramped up the needle before the fight by claiming he could walk through West Ham’s East End home with his trousers down – if he wanted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:40 am

The security guys in the blue T shirts ought to feel ashamed of themselves this morning - They stood back and watched. Only 1 little bloke in a hi-vis can be seen in the middle of it all, trying to keep people apart.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:48 am

Disgraceful in any sport, all the recent trouble this country has witnessed in the last couple of months and you come across these idiots, they should hang there head in shame.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:34 pm

Heard it was West Ham V Millwall. From what I saw on the video West Ham had the better of it. Will be back to walking with each other against extremism soon. :D

Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Why are they football fans fighting Should it not be boxing fans are fighting I can't see a footballl being kicked

West Ham fans involved in mass brawl as chaos at Copperbox mars night of boxing

The Sun

West Han fans during the night sang Songs about bubbles, United,Mother Brown and McNess being ‘one of our own’ echoed around the arena and the only surprise about McNess’ first round warning from the ref was that it was audible at ringside.

Byfield had ramped up the needle before the fight by claiming he could walk through West Ham’s East End home with his trousers down – if he wanted.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:09 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Heard it was West Ham V Millwall. From what I saw on the video West Ham had the better of it. Will be back to walking with each other against extremism soon. :D

Nukes, they were 100% football fans , def West Ham and many are saying the other lot could of been Millwall fans.

Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Heard it was West Ham V Millwall. From what I saw on the video West Ham had the better of it. Will be back to walking with each other against extremism soon. :D

Nukes, they were 100% football fans , def West Ham and many are saying the other lot could of been Millwall fans.

Fans of football get enough bad press these people are at a boxing match They may follow a football club but here they are boxing fans

Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:44 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Fans of football get enough bad press these people are at a boxing match They may follow a football club but here they are boxing fans

The prob is they were singing football songs

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:35 pm

They should have stayed at home and watched Football Factories which was on TV again last night.
Cardiff get a few mentions along with Stoke and Millwall as firms that the Danny Dyer character thinks are a bit tasty.
Thank goodness that going to football has changed since those days.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:29 pm

To me Millwall seemed to back West Ham off and then hit them from the side as they came back in from behind them. :bluebird:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:50 pm

So how do you know whose whose

Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:51 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:To me Millwall seemed to back West Ham off and then hit them from the side as they came back in from behind them. :bluebird:

How can tell who where West Ham and who where millwall

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:41 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:To me Millwall seemed to back West Ham off and then hit them from the side as they came back in from behind them. :bluebird:

West Ham were the ones nearest the cameras who kicked it off in typical football style.

I doubt the other lot were Millwall, they took too long to get together. They also had a lot of black lads at the front which you never see with Millwall. My guess is that the 2nd lot were just boxing fans, maybe supoorters of the winning boxer? who were just pissed off with the West Ham lot acting like idiots. I mean, fancy kicking off just because one man lost in a ring to another man?

I agree though, West Ham were definitely backed off at the end.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:59 pm

West Ham were the ones closest rushing over then being punched a lot..{normal }
the other lot could have been anyone..

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:25 pm

As a boxer myself and listening to my friend who attended the show these idiots brought shame on the sport,Byfield in his biggest win to date couldn't celebrate in the ring afterwards. The fans of the losing boxer Mcness were clearly West ham Supporters,singing their songs throughout. Millwall were not involved. Byfield is from Reading and the people retaliating were just fellow spectators who had had enough of the West Ham crowds behaviour

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:02 pm

AV3 wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:

West Ham were the ones nearest the cameras who kicked it off in typical football style.

I doubt the other lot were Millwall, they took too long to get together. They also had a lot of black lads at the front which you never see with Millwall. My guess is that the 2nd lot were just boxing fans, maybe supoorters of the winning boxer? who were just pissed off with the West Ham lot acting like idiots. I mean, fancy kicking off just because one man lost in a ring to another man?

Funnily enough, back in the early/mid seventies Millwall's main face was a black fella called Tiny.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:04 pm

englishbluebird wrote:As a boxer myself and listening to my friend who attended the show these idiots brought shame on the sport,Byfield in his biggest win to date couldn't celebrate in the ring afterwards. The fans of the losing boxer Mcness were clearly West ham Supporters,singing their songs throughout. Millwall were not involved. Byfield is from Reading and the people retaliating were just fellow spectators who had had enough of the West Ham crowds behaviour

That ties up with what they are saying on the Millwall forum. Also, that West Ham got more than they bargained for, boxing fans fed up with their behaviour.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:40 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:

West Ham was furthest from the camera. I concluded those furthest away was West Ham because a few of them was giving the Iron sign crossing there raised arms. Detective Nukes :clap: :D

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:29 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:

West Ham was furthest from the camera. I concluded those furthest away was West Ham because a few of them was giving the Iron sign crossing there raised arms. Detective Nukes :clap: :D

Quite the opposite Nukes.

The boxer who won the fight was having abuse off the West Ham fans. When he won the fight he crossed his arms and done the Irons sign to the West Ham fans, which triggered things off.

It followed on that the boxing fans were crossing their arms as a piss take to the West Ham fans.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:23 pm

frazier wrote:
AV3 wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:

Funnily enough, back in the early/mid seventies Millwall's main face was a black fella called Tiny.

Still quite a few Millwall faces are black funnily enough. One of my mates was banned for fighting in the ground though with some NF cunts there who were racially abusing his son at the Den, although after a year they overturned the ban.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:16 pm

Magners wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:

Quite the opposite Nukes.

The boxer who won the fight was having abuse off the West Ham fans. When he won the fight he crossed his arms and done the Irons sign to the West Ham fans, which triggered things off.

It followed on that the boxing fans were crossing their arms as a piss take to the West Ham fans.

Back to Private Nukes on the beat then :lol: :lol: :lol: