Swansea topics......

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea topics......

Postby BadaBing » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Lots of swans posts on here as usual, don't see many about Bristol city you're main rivals lads.
League Cup Winners 2012/2013
Wales No1 Premier League team
BadaBing

Swansea topics......

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Swansea topics......

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:45 pm

And your point is.......?
1980s Bluebird

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:47 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:And your point is.......?

We need the POO emoji for posts like this.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby SnackaJack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:51 pm

Far from me to speak on mr Bings behalf but, i assume his point is that he finds it amusing that when we pulled clear of Cardiff as a club many years ago - there was a visible movement on here for a few months to make Bristol City your main rivals, rather than accept the fact you were thr lessor of the two involved in the rivalry. Yet the Swansea to Bristol City posts and topics are probably around 5000:1 in ratio, and have always been.

But thats just me guessing regarding his point :D
SnackaJack

Postby recharding » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:54 pm

and you're both submitting on a Cardiff forum to point this out. well done. the irony.
recharding

Postby SnackaJack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:58 pm

recharding wrote:and you're both submitting on a Cardiff forum to point this out. well done. the irony.

Where is the irony there? We were not the ones claiming that the other was not a rival. Irony would be if we were also claiming the same.

Think about it. :D
SnackaJack

Postby recharding » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:12 pm

oh i so wish we could get on better. i really like you guys. please be my friend.
recharding

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:13 pm

This is a football forum many other clubs are mentioned as anyone can see! As for rivals subjective really as depending upon what age you are depends on who consider rivals! This as been discussed and views noted previously, Bristol Hereford Newport were always my rivals you never came into the equation. :thumbup:

Ps quite often threads about Swansea are made by themselves.. :occasion5:
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:23 pm

BadaBing wrote:Lots of swans posts on here as usual, don't see many about Bristol city you're main rivals lads.

I put out which ever club is making the news on transfers. From Cardiff City,Atletico Baleares to Everton, to Millwall and even the Jacks this a football forum that is updated all the time with the latest news . Yes it's mainly Cardiff City, but we also get hundreds of other fans looking on here including many Jacks like yourself, I aim to please all :D :thumbright: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:24 pm

pembroke allan wrote:This is a football forum many other clubs are mentioned as anyone can see! As for rivals subjective really as depending upon what age you are depends on who consider rivals! This as been discussed and views noted previously, Bristol Hereford Newport were always my rivals you never came into the equation. :thumbup:

Spot on Allan :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby SnackaJack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:This is a football forum many other clubs are mentioned as anyone can see! As for rivals subjective really as depending upon what age you are depends on who consider rivals! This as been discussed and views noted previously, Bristol Hereford Newport were always my rivals you never came into the equation. :thumbup:

I usually only comment on Swansea related threads, interesting point you make regarding usually being made by Swansea fans. I have just gone through my history and the results are as follows:-

Made by Cardiff: 24

Made by Swansea: 4
SnackaJack

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:36 pm

I always post football news, as does Annis and other mods.

Some are Swansea, some are other Premier League clubs and some are from our own league.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:38 pm

SnackaJack wrote:

I usually only comment on Swansea related threads, interesting point you make regarding usually being made by Swansea fans. I have just gone through my history and the results are as follows:-

Made by Cardiff: 24

Made by Swansea: 4

Obviously nothing better to do but troll through months of posts to find this out,? And said often not usually! But then again you cannot help being right all the time! Guess you look in mirror with smug look on face telling yourself how perfect I am
Anyway time to go as one reply to you is enough :wave: . :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby SnackaJack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Obviously nothing better to do but troll through months of posts to find this out,? And said often not usually! But then again you cannot help being right all the time! Guess you look in mirror with smug look on face telling yourself how perfect I am

I think it took around 45 seconds :laughing6:

4 in 28 is not often though is it? Lets hope you never become a scout tasked with finding a striker that scores often. :D
SnackaJack

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:57 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I always post football news, as does Annis and other mods.

Some are Swansea, some are other Premier League clubs and some are from our own league.

Correct and spot on Ned :thumbright: :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Blue_Barber » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:24 pm

SnackaJack wrote:

Far from me to speak on mr Bings behalf but, i assume his point is that he finds it amusing that when we pulled clear of Cardiff as a club many years ago - there was a visible movement on here for a few months to make Bristol City your main rivals, rather than accept the fact you were thr lessor of the two involved in the rivalry. Yet the Swansea to Bristol City posts and topics are probably around 5000:1 in ratio, and have always been.

Shame the skip rat city hasn't pulled clear
Blue_Barber

Postby gardner411 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:36 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

4 in 28 is not often though is it? Lets hope you never become a scout tasked with finding a striker that scores often. :D

The fact that you have become a member of a Cardiff City forum baffles me to be honest. I regularly look at this forum when if I have a spare 5 minutes, but I've never thought to go have a look at any other teams. Must have abit of spare time on your hands buddy !
gardner411

Postby Double G » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:50 pm

SnackaJack wrote:

Well i dont like Bristol City, but cant stand you jack bastards. Your our main rivals in my eyes and allways will be.
Im 37 but guessing people in their 40s/50s do see Bristol as big a rival as you due to past events in 70s/80s :thumbright:
Double G

Postby SnackaJack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:50 pm

gardner411 wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

The fact that you have become a member of a Cardiff City forum baffles me to be honest. I regularly look at this forum when if I have a spare 5 minutes, but I've never thought to go have a look at any other teams. Must have abit of spare time on your hands buddy !

Soare time comes with success. Take it as a blessing :thumbup:
SnackaJack

Postby SnackaJack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:52 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

Shame the skip rat city hasn't pulled clear

Couldnt give a damn. I am not from Swansea just like most of you arent from Cardiff. Cardiff is my favourite City in Wales, but it has very little to do with the football club that happens to play on the outskirts of it.
SnackaJack

Postby WelshPatriot » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:15 pm

Roathie = Badabing & snackajack.

Leave him to talk to himself gents.
WelshPatriot

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:17 pm

I started following City in the mid to late 60's, which is probably why I don't hate Swansea or Newport as much as some people do on here. When I watched us as a youngster, none of the other Welsh clubs were our big rivals, and we never played each other apart from the Welsh Cup which we almost owned back in those days. Newport, Wrexham & Swansea were mostly two leagues below us, but Bristol City were in our division, and were certainly the main rivals as far as I was concerned. I suppose younger fans think differently as they were'nt around when the Swans were an established league basement side. Things change all the time, and it could all change again when the next generation of fans start watching the game.
Steve Zodiak

Postby SnackaJack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:17 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:Roathie = Badabing & snackajack.

Leave him to talk to himself gents.

Welsh Patriot - currently rocking back and forth in a straight jacket. :laughing6:
SnackaJack

Postby skiprat » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Swansea were crap until the late 70s .thats when the rivalry became really intense.they had a mini glory period but could never shake us off.
skiprat

Postby SnackaJack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:19 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I started following City in the mid to late 60's, which is probably why I don't hate Swansea or Newport as much as some people do on here. When I watched us as a youngster, none of the other Welsh clubs were our big rivals, and we never played each other apart from the Welsh Cup which we almost owned back in those days. Newport, Wrexham & Swansea were mostly two leagues below us, but Bristol City were in our division, and were certainly the main rivals as far as I was concerned. I suppose younger fans think differently as they were'nt around when the Swans were an established league basement side. Things change all the time, and it could all change again when the next generation of fans start watching the game.

If you are honest with yourself though Steve. If you had the chance of a guaranteed 3-0 victory next year in a Cup Final, and your opponents were chosen by you out of Newport, Bristol City and Swansea - we all know who you and everyone else would pick :D
SnackaJack

Postby skiprat » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Cardiff are well supported in the valleys but the majority of fans are from the city. This can be confirmed by the clubs database.time you jogged on bell end.
skiprat

Postby SnackaJack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:35 pm

skiprat wrote:Cardiff are well supported in the valleys but the majority of fans are from the city. This can be confirmed by the clubs database.time you jogged on bell end.

Ah the database with half a million people on or something equally nonsensical?... Yet only 14,000 turn up? :laughing6:
SnackaJack

Postby GotMeSingingTheBlues » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:42 pm

To be honest it's true, I've had a titsful of it, maybe it's because it's pre season and there's not alot to talk about but there's constantly Swansea threads.
GotMeSingingTheBlues

Postby RV Casual » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:46 pm

The rivalry is a matter of personal choice, its as simple as that.

Cardiff will be the enemy to the majority of Swansea Fans as we are their closest rivals and they have to go over 80 miles before they even reach another Club.

Cardiff have Swansea 40 miles West, Bristol City and Bristol Rovers 44 miles East and Newport 14 miles down the road so who you call as our main rivals will depend on a number of contributory facts ranging from age, where you live and personal choice.

As an example, Cardiff fans from the likes of Neath, Port Talbot, Maesteg etc etc may possibly edge to having more of a dislike of the Jacks whilst Cardiff fans from places like Cwmbran, Newport itself, Chepstow and out towards the east might hate County and the Wurzels more. Plus there are Cardiff fans who will hate Bristol City more due to the England/Wales thing or it could be down to something personal and the same with Swansea some will just out and out hate them.
RV Casual

Postby SnackaJack » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:53 pm

RV Casual wrote:The rivalry is a matter of personal choice, its as simple as that.

Cardiff will be the enemy to the majority of Swansea Fans as we are their closest rivals and they have to go over 80 miles before they even reach another Club.

Cardiff have Swansea 40 miles West, Bristol City and Bristol Rovers 44 miles East and Newport 14 miles down the road so who you call as our main rivals will depend on a number of contributory facts ranging from age, where you live and personal choice.

As an example, Cardiff fans from the likes of Neath, Port Talbot, Maesteg etc etc may possibly edge to having more of a dislike of the Jacks whilst Cardiff fans from places like Cwmbran, Newport itself, Chepstow and out towards the east might hate County and the Wurzels more. Plus there are Cardiff fans who will hate Bristol City more due to the England/Wales thing or it could be down to something personal and the same with Swansea some will just out and out hate them.

Given my example of being able to choose which out of these rivals you beat in a cup final next year 3-0. I would say 99% of fans will say Swansea, and that may be understating it. Maybe 40 years ago someone else was a more feirce rival, but even those brought up in those times will no doubt have grown with the times also.
SnackaJack

Next

Return to General Chat