Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Swansea topics......

Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:55 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:This is a football forum many other clubs are mentioned as anyone can see! As for rivals subjective really as depending upon what age you are depends on who consider rivals! This as been discussed and views noted previously, Bristol Hereford Newport were always my rivals you never came into the equation. :thumbup:

Ps quite often threads about Swansea are made by themselves.. :occasion5:

I usually only comment on Swansea related threads, interesting point you make regarding usually being made by Swansea fans. I have just gone through my history and the results are as follows:-

Made by Cardiff: 24

Made by Swansea: 4

You sad fecker, going through your previous posts for a bit of ammo :lol:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:57 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:And your point is.......?

Far from me to speak on mr Bings behalf but, i assume his point is that he finds it amusing that when we pulled clear of Cardiff as a club many years ago - there was a visible movement on here for a few months to make Bristol City your main rivals, rather than accept the fact you were thr lessor of the two involved in the rivalry. Yet the Swansea to Bristol City posts and topics are probably around 5000:1 in ratio, and have always been.

But thats just me guessing regarding his point :D

Far from you speaking on Bings behalf?! You're usually talking to yourself on here with all the multis you have so why stop now?

Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:59 pm

norms76 wrote:Far from you speaking on Bings behalf?! You're usually talking to yourself on here with all the multis you have so why stop now?

I have never had more than one active username on here in my life, that is a snacka fact :thumbright:

A few dormant ones here and there for when you or your bessie mate threw your toys out of your pram but they hardly count now do they :laughing6:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:00 pm

Willo Cardiff wrote:

Sad spending 45 seconds proving a point wrong?

Sad I shall remain, happily :thumbright:
Last edited by SnackaJack on Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:01 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Willo Cardiff wrote:

Sad spending 45 minutes proving a point wrong?

Yes sad :laughing5:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:02 pm

Willo Cardiff wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Willo Cardiff wrote:

Sad spending 45 minutes proving a point wrong?

Yes sad :laughing5:

Cool, im happy with that.

45 seconds well spent :thumbright:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:20 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I started following City in the mid to late 60's, which is probably why I don't hate Swansea or Newport as much as some people do on here. When I watched us as a youngster, none of the other Welsh clubs were our big rivals, and we never played each other apart from the Welsh Cup which we almost owned back in those days. Newport, Wrexham & Swansea were mostly two leagues below us, but Bristol City were in our division, and were certainly the main rivals as far as I was concerned. I suppose younger fans think differently as they were'nt around when the Swans were an established league basement side. Things change all the time, and it could all change again when the next generation of fans start watching the game.

If you are honest with yourself though Steve. If you had the chance of a guaranteed 3-0 victory next year in a Cup Final, and your opponents were chosen by you out of Newport, Bristol City and Swansea - we all know who you and everyone else would pick :D

If I'm honest, if we could win the final 3-0 I would'nt care who it was. I would probably choose Arsenal or Man u, one of those sort of sides. I have never shared this dislike of other Welsh sides. In fact, I would go as far as saying that I would like to see all our Welsh sides doing well. We are a small country, and it would only look good as far as Wales is concerned if we could all be winning on a regular basis. Probably goes back to my earlier days in football when I don't recall this hatred of Swansea or the likes. One of my best mates became a regular player for Newport, and I always wanted them to do well, even though they rarely did. I enjoyed seeing Swansea doing well under Toshack who was my first footballing hero. I was brought up in an era when Bristol were our big rivals, but to be honest I could'nt care less whether they do well or not any more. I don't have any real dislike of any other sides, and I am not bothered how anyone else does as long as we do well. It would be good to see an FA Cup final some time with two Welsh sides, preferably Cardiff being one of them, but it would'nt make any difference to me who the other one is as long as we won.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:23 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I started following City in the mid to late 60's, which is probably why I don't hate Swansea or Newport as much as some people do on here. When I watched us as a youngster, none of the other Welsh clubs were our big rivals, and we never played each other apart from the Welsh Cup which we almost owned back in those days. Newport, Wrexham & Swansea were mostly two leagues below us, but Bristol City were in our division, and were certainly the main rivals as far as I was concerned. I suppose younger fans think differently as they were'nt around when the Swans were an established league basement side. Things change all the time, and it could all change again when the next generation of fans start watching the game.

If you are honest with yourself though Steve. If you had the chance of a guaranteed 3-0 victory next year in a Cup Final, and your opponents were chosen by you out of Newport, Bristol City and Swansea - we all know who you and everyone else would pick :D

If I'm honest, if we could win the final 3-0 I would'nt care who it was. I would probably choose Arsenal or Man u, one of those sort of sides. I have never shared this dislike of other Welsh sides. In fact, I would go as far as saying that I would like to see all our Welsh sides doing well. We are a small country, and it would only look good as far as Wales is concerned if we could all be winning on a regular basis. Probably goes back to my earlier days in football when I don't recall this hatred of Swansea or the likes. One of my best mates became a regular player for Newport, and I always wanted them to do well, even though they rarely did. I enjoyed seeing Swansea doing well under Toshack who was my first footballing hero. I was brought up in an era when Bristol were our big rivals, but to be honest I could'nt care less whether they do well or not any more. I don't have any real dislike of any other sides, and I am not bothered how anyone else does as long as we do well. It would be good to see an FA Cup final some time with two Welsh sides, preferably Cardiff being one of them, but it would'nt make any difference to me who the other one is as long as we won.

But the choice was "one of the perceived rivals". Very few would choose anyone other than Swansea.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:30 pm

Bristol city for me, purely due to the fact we were fierce rivals in the early 00s and getting one over with then in the playoffs, but I'm sure I'll be told I'm wrong now by someone :lol:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:34 pm

Bluebird_87 wrote:Bristol city for me, purely due to the fact we were fierce rivals in the early 00s and getting one over with then in the playoffs, but I'm sure I'll be told I'm wrong now by someone :lol:

Misguided, not wrong.

Or - I dont believe you... in short :laughing6:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:09 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

But the choice was "one of the perceived rivals". Very few would choose anyone other than Swansea.

I would go for Bristol at a push for the added Wales v England rivalry. If Swansea, Newport or Wrexham were playing Bristol in the final I would be cheering for the Welsh side. Hard to change the rivalry you were brought up on, always has been Bristol for me, but as I get older I have realised that there are far more important things in life than football, or footballing rivalries.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:21 pm

Bluebird_87 wrote:Bristol city for me, purely due to the fact we were fierce rivals in the early 00s and getting one over with then in the playoffs, but I'm sure I'll be told I'm wrong now by someone :lol:

I agree :thumbright: :bluebird:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Same for me, I don't like Bristol City, Swansea or Newport but pound for pound I dislike the Wurzels more. Anyone who saw the Wurzels at our place last season would have seen the pure hatred a lot of them had of our COUNTRY. For me that supersedes any rivalry we have with the Jacks.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:43 pm

All those who have claimed Bristol in this thread.

Go to username: go to search user posts: type in "Swansea" and "jacks" then type in "Bristol" and "wurzels" and add them up.

Im just not buying it im sorry :D

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:06 pm

SnackaJack wrote:All those who have claimed Bristol in this thread.

Go to username: go to search user posts: type in "Swansea" and "jacks" then type in "Bristol" and "wurzels" and add them up.

Im just not buying it im sorry :D

What a very very sad man you are. It's okay we do hate you, it's no big secret you inbred twerp.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:07 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Same for me, I don't like Bristol City, Swansea or Newport but pound for pound I dislike the Wurzels more. Anyone who saw the Wurzels at our place last season would have seen the pure hatred a lot of them had of our COUNTRY. For me that supersedes any rivalry we have with the Jacks.

Steve, for me it was Newport County, Bristol City and Rovers, the Jacks were a complete joke in them days and we never thought about them, it was more Neath and Port Talbot Cardiff fans who thought about them or shall we say disliked/fought them :lol: :thumbright:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:12 pm

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:.

What a very very sad man you are. It's okay we do hate you, it's no big secret you inbred twerp.

I have come to realise "sad" simply means "correct" on this forum. Its ok. Its like when the term "troll" used to mean "saying stuff we dont want to face up to". :D

I think there was a time when Bristol were your main rivals, not disputing that. I just am also aware that anyone who tries to claim that today (barring 1 or 2 old fogeys stuck in their ways) is lying or at least doing their best to convince themselves otherwise. :lol:

Everytime I watch Cardiff on the telly, the only songs I tend to hear is stuff about us. I cant say I have ever heard one against Bristol City or Newport.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:16 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
RV Casual wrote:The rivalry is a matter of personal choice, its as simple as that.

Cardiff will be the enemy to the majority of Swansea Fans as we are their closest rivals and they have to go over 80 miles before they even reach another Club.

Cardiff have Swansea 40 miles West, Bristol City and Bristol Rovers 44 miles East and Newport 14 miles down the road so who you call as our main rivals will depend on a number of contributory facts ranging from age, where you live and personal choice.

As an example, Cardiff fans from the likes of Neath, Port Talbot, Maesteg etc etc may possibly edge to having more of a dislike of the Jacks whilst Cardiff fans from places like Cwmbran, Newport itself, Chepstow and out towards the east might hate County and the Wurzels more. Plus there are Cardiff fans who will hate Bristol City more due to the England/Wales thing or it could be down to something personal and the same with Swansea some will just out and out hate them.

Given my example of being able to choose which out of these rivals you beat in a cup final next year 3-0. I would say 99% of fans will say Swansea, and that may be understating it. Maybe 40 years ago someone else was a more feirce rival, but even those brought up in those times will no doubt have grown with the times also.

Bristol City would be my choice for sure. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:16 pm

Just for the record...

Searches on the "Bristol are our rivals" posters previous posts provide a smattering of Bristols and Wurzel key words. Yet the "Swansea" and "Jacks" key word searches came up as "too many to report". It literally broke the search machine :D

Says it all.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:18 pm

SnackaJack wrote:

I have come to realise "sad" simply means "correct" on this forum. Its ok. Its like when the term "troll" used to mean "saying stuff we dont want to face up to". :D

I think there was a time when Bristol were your main rivals, not disputing that. I just am also aware that anyone who tries to claim that today (barring 1 or 2 old fogeys stuck in their ways) is lying or at least doing their best to convince themselves otherwise. :lol:

Everytime I watch Cardiff on the telly, the only songs I tend to hear is stuff about us. I cant say I have ever heard one against Bristol City or Newport.

Why bother asking a question if you are going to answer it any way? Christ you talk some shit :roll:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Bristol City would be my choice for sure. :ayatollah:

Your key word results are as follows:-

"Bristol" - 141
"Wurzels" - 8

"Swansea" - broke the search, it claimed the word was used too frequently to count.
"Jacks" - 181

You talk about Swansea over 2000% more than you do Bristol.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:28 pm

The 2003 play-offs are my absolute favourite when it comes to games against our rivals. The look on the faces of the Wurzels that night at Ashton Gate was brilliant especially as they had beaten us twice that season in the league games :lol:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:28 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

Why bother asking a question if you are going to answer it any way? Christ you talk some shit :roll:

Perhaps it's the other way around. I personally have never read anything on the Swansea forum, let alone posted anything there. Could it be that some Swansea fans are obsessed with us, and can't understand why we do not feel the same. I am interested in Cardiff City, and while I like to see how other teams are performing, I have no real interest one way or the other in their league positions. I don't really care what happens to Bristol, Swansea or Newport unless they are sharing a pitch with us. The people I still hang around with who used to watch the games with me as youngsters all feel the same as I used to. Bristol were the team to hate, but none of them are particularly bothered any more apart from when they play us.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:29 pm

SnackaJack wrote:

"Bristol" - 141
"Wurzels" - 8

"Swansea" - broke the search, it claimed the word was used too frequently to count.
"Jacks" - 181

In this thread I have personally talked far more about Bristol City than your lot QED :D :roll:

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:32 pm

SnackaJack wrote:

"Bristol" - 141
"Wurzels" - 8

"Jacks" - 181

In this thread I have personally talked far more about Bristol City than your lot QED :D :roll:

But we wrent talking about this thread when you are going out of your pay to posture, we are talking your forum lifespan where the majority of the time you are talking honestly or at least do not have this subject on your thoughts. That is far more telling than anything you can claim on a single thread. Over 2000% more says it all. QED. :thumbright: :D

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:39 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Perhaps it's the other way around. I personally have never read anything on the Swansea forum, let alone posted anything there.

You sure about that Steve? :D

Steve Zodiak wrote:I see Planet Swans going in to meltdown again, with many fans resigned to relegation. They are certainly not down by a long way at this particular time, but even if it happens, their fans should be grateful for several seasons in the top flight. For a small town in S W Wales, they have punched way above their weight for quite a few years now, and every season they spend outside the bottom two divisions should be seen as a bonus. I don't think it will be that long before they resume fixtures against the likes of Hartlepool, Accrington, Newport etc.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:44 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Perhaps it's the other way around. I personally have never read anything on the Swansea forum, let alone posted anything there. Could it be that some Swansea fans are obsessed with us, and can't understand why we do not feel the same. I am interested in Cardiff City, and while I like to see how other teams are performing, I have no real interest one way or the other in their league positions. I don't really care what happens to Bristol, Swansea or Newport unless they are sharing a pitch with us. The people I still hang around with who used to watch the games with me as youngsters all feel the same as I used to. Bristol were the team to hate, but none of them are particularly bothered any more apart from when they play us.

Totally agree I have never visited a Swansea (or Bristol City) message board and have no intension of doing so. To post on one you need to register an Email belonging to you which by definition means expressing an interest in that club. :shock: which I would never lower myself to do.

So if you believe old Snackausername he has registered a dozen or more emails in an expression of interest in Cardiff City his 'football teams' main rivals (in his opinion) :?

That can only be described as odd in any kind of circumstance but then he searches the database for selected key words in an effort to link Swansea with Cardiff. That can only be described as an obsessive mental disorder. Yet he still thinks he is one step ahead of everyone else :laughing5:

He makes an utter fool of himself every time he posts.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:49 pm

SnackaJack wrote:

Okay replace sad with weird, strange or odd. Proper fruitcake, get a life.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:54 pm

SnackaJack wrote:
SnackaJack wrote:

"Bristol" - 141
"Wurzels" - 8

"Jacks" - 181

But we wrent talking about this thread when you are going out of your pay to posture, we are talking your forum lifespan where the majority of the time you are talking honestly or at least do not have this subject on your thoughts. That is far more telling than anything you can claim on a single thread. Over 2000% more says it all. QED. :thumbright: :D

So you make the rules :roll: As I asked earlier why ask questions when you won't accept the answers?

As for your obsessive database search how many of those 'key' words were generated by Jacks like you making Swansea posts (or making pointless replies when you can't accept the answer). A better comparison would be actual Cardiff fans talking about Swansea rather than Swansea fans talking about Swansea.

Now if you have the time to trawl through the database for that answer then good luck to you but by f**k your obsessive mental disorder would be hell of a lot worse than we first thought :D

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:59 pm

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:

Okay replace sad with weird, strange or odd. Proper fruitcake, get a life.

Either word, the premise is the same. You are just getting all flustered and annoyed because I am clearly right :laughing6: