Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Exciting signing

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:40 am

Warnock is quoted as saying that we're close to an 'exciting signing'!
This doesn't sound a lot like Lee Tomlin :ayatollah: and I can't think who'd fit the bill in terms of a creative midfielder, or number 10.
Should be interesting.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=186029 :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Re: Exciting signing

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:02 am

bluemun wrote:Warnock is quoted as saying that we're close to an 'exciting signing'!
This doesn't sound a lot like Lee Tomlin :ayatollah: and I can't think who'd fit the bill in terms of a creative midfielder, or number 10.
Should be interesting.

You would think. Maybe the club have said sod FFP, let's sign Messi. :D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=186029 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:46 am

bluemun wrote:Warnock is quoted as saying that we're close to an 'exciting signing'!
Should be interesting.

What makes you say that Tomlin isn't exciting? Every time I've watched the guy he's always looked like scoring.
Always a handful and whenever I see a team sheet with his name on it worries me as he isn't scared to run at players.
IMO I think Tomlin would be the best & perfect fit for the current NW squad.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:33 am

I do rate him, but hardly 'exciting'. It could be a surprise.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:54 am

Everything is relative and Tomlin @ £3m is about as exciting as it gets for us considering our present status. He would be a good signing but I'm a little concerned at the reported price tag.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:57 am

I agree with the above and although the £3m seems a little high it's just the sign of the times. Also seen recent pictures of him and he's lost shed loads of weight. Wonder if he had some sort of ultimatum from NW?

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:07 am

pontlliwblue wrote:I agree with the above and although the £3m seems a little high it's just the sign of the times. Also seen recent pictures of him and he's lost shed loads of weight. Wonder if he had some sort of ultimatum from NW?

I had a little giggle at your last line. If true I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when NW delivered it. :happy1:

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:46 am

I hope we do sign him, the season before last when we beat them 2-0 away he was excellent, skilful and has a great range of passing, also gets stuck in. I would be excited to see him sign for us but have a gut feeling it's all bullshit

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:53 pm

I know I'll take criticism for this but if we want to win anything I'd take Lee Tomlin over Peter Whittingham any day with the rider that he gets himself fit and disciplined. It looks like he might have achieved the former and we can be certain Warnock will ensure the latter. This could be shaping up to be one hell of a season :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:48 pm

KBK-13 wrote:I hope we do sign him, the season before last when we beat them 2-0 away he was excellent, skilful and has a great range of passing, also gets stuck in. I would be excited to see him sign for us but have a gut feeling it's all bullshit

Glad I was wrong

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=186029 :bluebird: :bluebird: