Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Cardiff City / Todays Guardian Paper "

Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:10 am

The Guardian

Wednesday 13th July 2017

The Guardian got 24 fans to talk about their clubs experience in the Premier League

Allan Cardiff City fan

Cardiff City
Best moment: Despite our sole Premier League campaign being mostly a disaster, I have a surprising number of highlights. There were the late stunners at Fulham and West Brom and, of course, the opening win over Manchester City. But it can only be Steven Caulker’s winning header against Swansea in the first ever top-flight Welsh derby.

Worst moment: The 3-0 humiliation in the reverse derby fixture and the 4-0 relegation-sealer at the Stadium of Light were painful. However, my worst moment was Sunderland’s last-kick-of-the-match equaliser in late December. Managerless, 2-0 up and cruising past the 80th minute, this was the moment I knew we were doomed.

Peter Whittingham had a tough time in the Premier League

Favourite player: Most of our best moments came from Jordon Mutch.

Alan

Re: " Cardiff City / Todays Guardian Paper "

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:The Guardian

Wednesday 13th July 2017

The Guardian got 24 fans to talk about their clubs experience in the Premier League

Allan Cardiff City fan

Cardiff City
Best moment: Despite our sole Premier League campaign being mostly a disaster, I have a surprising number of highlights. There were the late stunners at Fulham and West Brom and, of course, the opening win over Manchester City. But it can only be Steven Caulker’s winning header against Swansea in the first ever top-flight Welsh derby.

Worst moment: The 3-0 humiliation in the reverse derby fixture and the 4-0 relegation-sealer at the Stadium of Light were painful. However, my worst moment was Sunderland’s last-kick-of-the-match equaliser in late December. Managerless, 2-0 up and cruising past the 80th minute, this was the moment I knew we were doomed.

Alan

would agree with most of that - getting hammered at home by Hull and Southampton wasn't much fun either. Man City was my favourite away trip when we gave them a decent game despite losing and bumped into Gary Medel on the train home too.

Re: " Cardiff City / Todays Guardian Paper "

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:The Guardian

Wednesday 13th July 2017

Allan Cardiff City fan

Cardiff City

Alan

The 2-2 against Sunderland, I remember that night well, it was a Saturday night at Xmas, I was in a pub in Wolves with my ex and our kid watching in disbelief at what I was seeing, Colback 95th min equaliser, needless to say our top flight survival fell apart at this point, and so did my relationship not long after, it was an awful 2014 for us City fans.