Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So excited

Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:43 am

We've got Warnock, we're in blue and it's possible that we may finish in the top 6! Cannot wait for the new season :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Re: So excited

Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:44 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:We've got Warnock, we're in blue and it's possible that we may finish in the top 6! Cannot wait for the new season :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

I'd stand back a bit and take a deep breath. People on here were saying the same this time last season, only it was about Trollope that time. The bookies reckon we are a bottom eight side, and while I don't agree with that, it won't be easy to get into the top six. Looking at some of our competition, I would say our chances of a top two finish are as realistic as last season, virtually zero. I think we will finish higher than last season, and I can't see us not being in the top ten. Not sure about a play off place, will be difficult but not impossible.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:24 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:We've got Warnock, we're in blue and it's possible that we may finish in the top 6! Cannot wait for the new season :bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

I'd stand back a bit and take a deep breath. People on here were saying the same this time last season, only it was about Trollope that time. The bookies reckon we are a bottom eight side, and while I don't agree with that, it won't be easy to get into the top six. Looking at some of our competition, I would say our chances of a top two finish are as realistic as last season, virtually zero. I think we will finish higher than last season, and I can't see us not being in the top ten. Not sure about a play off place, will be difficult but not impossible.

And the bookies didn't have Huddersfield going up last year and Villa were one of the favourites and look how that worked out, they didn't spend massively either. If the manager & squad are together & pulling in the same direction, anything can happen.

I'm not saying we'll go up automatically but I think we've got a fair crack at the playoffs.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:10 am

norms76 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

And the bookies didn't have Huddersfield going up last year and Villa were one of the favourites and look how that worked out, they didn't spend massively either. If the manager & squad are together & pulling in the same direction, anything can happen.

I'm not saying we'll go up automatically but I think we've got a fair crack at the playoffs.

Realistic post norms. A fair crack is what we have!

Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:14 am

norms76 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

The bookies are not always right as Leciester recently proved, but they are right or close more often than not, which is why most punters rarely beat them long term. I disagree with them on our chances. They have us down as a bottom eight side, I think we are closer to being a top eight side. I would'nt rule out a play off place, but I think it will be tough although definitely not impossible. Need to be lucky with injuries and suspensions, and hopefully not on the wrong side of too many poor refereeing decisions. With Warnock's experience as well, who knows?

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:03 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

The bookies are not always right as Leciester recently proved, but they are right or close more often than not, which is why most punters rarely beat them long term. I disagree with them on our chances. They have us down as a bottom eight side, I think we are closer to being a top eight side. I would'nt rule out a play off place, but I think it will be tough although definitely not impossible. Need to be lucky with injuries and suspensions, and hopefully not on the wrong side of too many poor refereeing decisions. With Warnock's experience as well, who knows?

Somewhere in the middle of Norm and Steve would be a good bet here.