TIME FOR TAN TO RETURN????

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: TIME FOR TAN TO RETURN????

Postby davids » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:04 am

Ebbw Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
Ebbw Blue wrote:No I will not welcome him back. People need to remember the amount of debt we are carrying is down to Tan.

:lol:

I must have forgotten what a well run, debt free club we were before Tan arrived!

Did I say the club was well run previously, can you please show where I said that. I was just stating a fact that the club under Tan as carried more debt than ever before

You said that the amount of debt we are carrying "is down to Tan" which is clearly wrong. We had millions of pounds of debt when Tan took over.
davids

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:07 am

Reply from Facebook

Lauren Ann McNie

The sooner we can cut ties with that man, the better. Things have been a lot more positive with his limited involvement. I will never welcome him back... and I still want an apology from him for the rebrand and the total disrespect he showed the club and the fans.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Ebbw Blue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:09 am

davids wrote:
Ebbw Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
Ebbw Blue wrote:No I will not welcome him back. People need to remember the amount of debt we are carrying is down to Tan.

:lol:

I must have forgotten what a well run, debt free club we were before Tan arrived!

Did I say the club was well run previously, can you please show where I said that. I was just stating a fact that the club under Tan as carried more debt than ever before

You said that the amount of debt we are carrying "is down to Tan" which is clearly wrong. We had millions of pounds of debt when Tan took over.

The debt level was very low compared to the level it is at now. Surely you have to admit that, the figures don't lie
Ebbw Blue

Postby Nickoblue23 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:09 am

We might have been Cardiff City AFC in the Welsh league though!! Im not saying Tan is a saviour I'm just saying to justify your argument you have to balance the positive - the negative influence he's had. The rebrand was a terrible negative which is showed by this debate now!!! The way I look at it is I've forgiven the rebrand and I'm willing to give him my support based on his actions today and over the past year in admitting his mistakes and backing our Manager!! It's going to be an exciting year and I can't wait!!!
Nickoblue23

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:20 am

Nickoblue23 wrote:We might have been Cardiff City AFC in the Welsh league though!! Im not saying Tan is a saviour I'm just saying to justify your argument you have to balance the positive - the negative influence he's had. The rebrand was a terrible negative which is showed by this debate now!!! The way I look at it is I've forgiven the rebrand and I'm willing to give him my support based on his actions today and over the past year in admitting his mistakes and backing our Manager!! It's going to be an exciting year and I can't wait!!!

That was the real scare factor threatening to align us with the Welsh league. However and I strongly believe this is that would have never happened regardless of what solvency we went through. If Merthyr can keep their status I'm pretty sure we could have done.
Bakedalasker

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:21 am

THE GOOD NEWS IS OUR FANS ARE ALL UNITED AND 100% BEHIND NEIL WARNOCK AND THE CARDIFF CITY TEAM :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Ebbw Blue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:23 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Nickoblue23 wrote:We might have been Cardiff City AFC in the Welsh league though!! Im not saying Tan is a saviour I'm just saying to justify your argument you have to balance the positive - the negative influence he's had. The rebrand was a terrible negative which is showed by this debate now!!! The way I look at it is I've forgiven the rebrand and I'm willing to give him my support based on his actions today and over the past year in admitting his mistakes and backing our Manager!! It's going to be an exciting year and I can't wait!!!

That was the real scare factor threatening to align us with the Welsh league. However and I strongly believe this is that would have never happened regardless of what solvency we went through. If Merthyr can keep their status I'm pretty sure we could have done.

Totally agree the Welsh league issue was just scare tactics that some people bought into. I would never have happened.
Ebbw Blue

Postby nubbsy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:27 am

He's making up for his wrong doings, but probably more to recoup and level out his losses than his love for the club. He tore the soul from this club and spoke about that'5%' like we we were expendable. He was wrong. We were here before and we'll be here after he goes.

That being said the club is being run well and he's paying the debt off, so I'm happy with how he's doing things now and I'd prefer it if it stayed that way. he should stay in Malaysia and leave the club to the Dalman and choo.
nubbsy

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:32 am

Reply from Facebook

Hywel Evans

No fucker will forgive him for what he did and I don't blame them but what irritates me most is him complaining Marshall not scoring enough goals. A f*cking goalkeeper like the clueless mug. Clearly doesn't know f*cking anything about the sport or the club and he knows damn well that the fans do not like him at all. He may as well just sell the club like many have said and f**k off home.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:36 am

nubbsy wrote:He's making up for his wrong doings, but probably more to recoup and level out his losses than his love for the club. He tore the soul from this club and spoke about that'5%' like we we were expendable. He was wrong. We were here before and we'll be here after he goes.

That being said the club is being run well and he's paying the debt off, so I'm happy with how he's doing things now and I'd prefer it if it stayed that way. he should stay in Malaysia and leave the club to the Dalman and choo.

This is about the nearest I will approve to accepting the situation.
Bakedalasker

Postby Ebbw Blue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:38 am

Ebbw Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Totally agree the Welsh league issue was just scare tactics that some people bought into. It would never have happened.
Ebbw Blue

Postby WelshPatriot » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:38 am

Ebbw Blue wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Like most people on here I will never be able to totally forgive Tan for his ridiculous rebrand decision.

However, with the buzz back at the City, and everyone players, management and fans pulling together, is it time for Vinnie to start attending games again???

Will he be welcomed back by most of the city fans???

I personally will never forgive or forget what he done. He turned fans against each other and showed a total disrespect to the fans of our club.

The best solution for all parties is Tan to sell the club and cut all ties with the club.

Tan didn't turn fan against fan. Some bully boys who thought they were more Cardiff than any other fans decided to make threats and publicly back the red in maybe the hope of some sort of reward I'm guessing.
WelshPatriot

Postby Jules » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:42 am

So you not going to be waving your little Malaysian flag anytime soon then Annis ? :D

NOW BEFORE THE HATE MOB GET ON MY BACK ' THIS IS A JOKE' which I hope Annis will see as just that. :thumbup:

trying to lighten the mood :ayatollah:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby WelshPatriot » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:Reply from Facebook

Hywel Evans

No fucker will forgive him for what he did and I don't blame them but what irritates me most is him complaining Marshall not scoring enough goals. A f*cking goalkeeper like the clueless mug. Clearly doesn't know f*cking anything about the sport or the club and he knows damn well that the fans do not like him at all. He may as well just sell the club like many have said and f**k off home.

My God are people still pushing the made up story about David Marshall scoring more goals.
WelshPatriot

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:45 am

Jules wrote:So you not going to be waving your little Malaysian flag anytime soon then Annis ? :D

NOW BEFORE THE HATE MOB GET ON MY BACK ' THIS IS A JOKE' which I hope Annis will see as just that. :thumbup:

trying to lighten the mood :ayatollah:

No joke Jules, I welcomed TG/Malaysia and I feel TG was very sincere regarding Cardiff City, he told us at the shareholders meeting while he was at Cardiff City we would always be BLUE and PROUD,then Tan arrived and TG was kicked out,Very Sad really, so No jokes,maybe it was to you Jules :roll: :roll: :roll:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby WelshPatriot » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:47 am

Lauren Ann McNie

The sooner we can cut ties with that man, the better. Things have been a lot more positive with his limited involvement. I will never welcome him back... and I still want an apology from him for the rebrand and the total disrespect he showed the club and the fans.

His limited involvement still includes him putting a million a month into the club and writing off a few million pounds worth of debt....limited involvement ha ha
WelshPatriot

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:49 am

I no longer have any problem with Tan and would have no problem if he wanted to come to a game. He messed up big time with the rebrand however it's been rectified now.

I'm not someone to keep ooking backwards and am 100% happy the club is not going forward and being run in the correct manner now.

People always think the grass is greener and a new owner would some how make the club better, isn't the case a lot of the time.
2blue2handle

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:50 am

Reply from Facebook

Andrew McNie

He hasn't done anything criminal, but would I welcome him back....NO. That vindictive little man ripped the heart and soul from my beloved club. I for one, will never forgive him. Bluebird til I die.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:14 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

Lauren Ann McNie

His limited involvement still includes him putting a million a month into the club and writing off a few million pounds worth of debt....limited involvement ha ha

exactly what I thought, anything we do is because of his involvement.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:20 pm

Man of Harlech wrote:
dogfound wrote:

he was prepared to drop the rebrand and not invest the 100 million.was then convinced by others that the original anti rebrand outbursts was knee jerk reaction and given the choice investment /possible sucess was wanted..and lets face it how many demanded their ST money back like the club offered.?..were crowds effected by the rebrand..?..and where were the imediate on going daily protests at the club..youd get more resistence if asda cafe took beans off the cafe menu is truth.
lots of people decided to take a stance AFTER he spent his loot

so it could be argued that our fans at the time were equally resposible, besides when he does leave the debt will either leave with him or not matter to the new owner...and it hasnt stopped us signing players.

Dogfound you are absolutely right but you are wasting your time. You can keep telling the truth until you are blue in the face but some, like Blue Ebbw, would rather wallow in their ignorant hatred. I do wonder whether such people were around when we were wondering from week to week whether the club would survive another, or when we were so badly funded that supporters had to finance the acquisition of players of the quality of Nogan,

Nomatter what the moaners may wish to believe Tan continues to bankroll this club and I would personally have
him back rather that listen to the continual moaning by such negative influences.

people always convieniently leave out the bits where there were not protests outside the ground from day one.. and ive seen plenty...a popular player gets sold or a manager gets sacked and suddenly theres a crowd with home nad banners on SSN..not here.

and how he did infact offer to not go ahead with the rebrand.
to mildly dislike him after taking his money is a bit rich...to hate him..wow.
had this rebrand happened with a backdrop of falling attendances..protests in the ground..protests daily outside the main stand...id begin to see this hatred thing.
i didnt want to play in red either.and hope if anything like that happened again ..WE would stop it..but on the evidence of this rebrand pple moan now more than they did when it could actuall been prevented ..PRIOR TO THE MONEY BEING INVESTED.
Last edited by dogfound on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dogfound

Postby Fergy1927 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:22 pm

It's weird. I felt like part of a tiny minority opposing Tan and the rebrand at the time like a few of us on here.

I really get the feeling that it's unusual how many are openly anti rebrand now. I'm not pointing fingers at people in this thread but I really feel it doesn't add up. Brighton home was 95% red scarves.

Call me a tw*t but I feel many people went against Tan and the rebrand once we were relegation bound.
Fergy1927

Postby dogfound » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:25 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:It's weird. I felt like part of a tiny minority opposing Tan and the rebrand at the time like a few of us on here.

I really get the feeling that it's unusual how many are openly anti rebrand now. I'm not pointing fingers at people in this thread but I really feel it doesn't add up. Brighton home was 95% red scarves.

Call me a tw*t but I feel many people went against Tan and the rebrand once we were relegation bound.

sort of my point fergy...
i own up i didnt want it but did nothing when it mattered.
dogfound

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:32 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:It's weird. I felt like part of a tiny minority opposing Tan and the rebrand at the time like a few of us on here.

Your 100% right many did.

That night v Brighton, I walked out after 30 mins feeling sick , I even thought of never returning, but instead I thought NO, I am not going to let him/them destroy our identity/history and the next game 10 of us incl my oldest daughter and myself returned wearing BLUE in the Ninian Stand and we kept standing up singing "We are Cardiff City We Will Always Be Blue " We were looked at like we were aliens and away fans, as each game passed there eventually became about 100 of us,which grew to 400 odd. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sadly I know hundreds who never returned.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:36 pm

It's upto fans if they forget what's gone on in the past i understand people who cant forgive but then they are in the minority regarding tan, Personally wont clap wont boo him no reason to do either! All clubs go through bad owners at some point in their history with various ways they've run the club and are still doing so today! At least tan is making inroads into correcting financial mistakes made by him and if he's true to his word we will be financially solvent when or if he leaves what owner has done that for this club? :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Ebbw Blue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

That night v Brighton, I walked out after 30 mins feeling sick , I even thought of never returning, but instead I thought NO, I am not going to let him/them destroy our identity/history and the next game 10 of us incl my oldest daughter and myself returned wearing BLUE in the Ninian Stand and we kept standing up singing "We are Cardiff City We Will Always Be Blue " We were looked at like we were aliens and away fans, as each game passed there eventually became about 100 of us,which grew to 400 odd. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

That night against Brighton was the worst day ever following City. I wore a blue Cardiff scarf to the game and refused to take a red scarf. A steward told me if I was a fan I would take a scarf. It took all my will power not to retaliate. Luckily I was older and wiser when it happened
Ebbw Blue

Postby bluebird04 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:46 pm

i think many on here are confusing a desperate push for promotion to "doing a good job" look the truth is, this is our last roll of the dice, if Warnock fails, and then leaves, tan wont put money into us, he will see that even with a good manager and players we failed. if lets say we finish mid table, and Warnock leaves, tan will then cut costs etc
bluebird04

Postby dogfound » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

i agree mate...10 of you rising to 400....there were others in different parts of the ground {a small minority it has to be said } who like myself always wore blue before,during and after the brighton game... but i will never hate Tan.
how on earth can you blame one man for you feeling alien in your home ground...when our fan base all to different degrees might have preffered Blue BUT accepted the Red with the investment.
i supose its easier to blame some Malaysian bloke than 20k faceless fans.
dogfound

Postby Fergy1927 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

That night v Brighton, I walked out after 30 mins feeling sick , I even thought of never returning, but instead I thought NO, I am not going to let him/them destroy our identity/history and the next game 10 of us incl my oldest daughter and myself returned wearing BLUE in the Ninian Stand and we kept standing up singing "We are Cardiff City We Will Always Be Blue " We were looked at like we were aliens and away fans, as each game passed there eventually became about 100 of us,which grew to 400 odd. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird

It was horrible. I'm not sure I'm over it yet though I respect Tan for giving us our colours back. I doubt I'll ever forgive him for the total disrespect he showed our club with the colour change. It was a horrible time for me personally and the first season (when we played in the premier league) that I never went to a single game even when living here on the other side of the world I'd come over for at least one game.

One of the saddest things was that more people who supported other clubs who I know were against the rebrand than those city fans I know. Out of those city fans I know who were anti red, most stopped going all together. That's Tans fault and, sadly, our fans fault for going along with it.
Fergy1927

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:58 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

That night against Brighton was the worst day ever following City. I wore a blue Cardiff scarf to the game and refused to take a red scarf. A steward told me if I was a fan I would take a scarf. It took all my will power not to retaliate. Luckily I was older and wiser when it happened

Darren,
One of our worst days/ nights in the history of Cardiff City.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Fergy1927 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:59 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

i agree mate...10 of you rising to 400....there were others in different parts of the ground {a small minority it has to be said } who like myself always wore blue before,during and after the brighton game... but i will never hate Tan.
how on earth can you blame one man for you feeling alien in your home ground...when our fan base all to different degrees might have preffered Blue BUT accepted the Red with the investment.
i supose its easier to blame some Malaysian bloke than 20k faceless fans.

Well said mate. Spot on.
Fergy1927

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat