TIME FOR TAN TO RETURN????

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: TIME FOR TAN TO RETURN????

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:44 pm

Total irrelevance as if he wants to come watch city he will and doesn't need a welcome from anyone in fact unless they announce it doubt if anyone outside level 3 wIll know he's at ground!
pembroke allan

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby fred keenor » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:36 am

January 2015-last time he attended.
the opening game against villa is an ideal opportunity,perhaps?
fred keenor

Postby Jules » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:21 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Jules wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jules wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jules wrote:So you not going to be waving your little Malaysian flag anytime soon then Annis ? :D

NOW BEFORE THE HATE MOB GET ON MY BACK ' THIS IS A JOKE' which I hope Annis will see as just that. :thumbup:

trying to lighten the mood :ayatollah:

No joke Jules, I welcomed TG/Malaysia and I feel TG was very sincere regarding Cardiff City, he told us at the shareholders meeting while he was at Cardiff City we would always be BLUE and PROUD,then Tan arrived and TG was kicked out,Very Sad really, so No jokes,maybe it was to you Jules :roll: :roll: :roll:

AH righto, Take it how you want, couldn't care what you think to be honest. but everyone allowed an opinion, as you always say. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just cannot see why people have so much HATE ??? He done wrong. He changed it back . move on ffs. there's already enough hate around without this petty shite.

All the OP has done is opened old wounds which I think were slowly healing but this just shows that that is not the case so cut out the crap about us all being together again. Just MY OPINION mind. :roll: :roll: :roll:

If u don't care about what I think, Jules why was I the only one you named on here?

I did not even start this topic, in fact I never start topics about Tan anymore :thumbright: :thumbright:

We are together behind Warnock, but why because you say or anyone else says should we suddenly like Tan, but like you say you don't care what I say or my opinion, so stay of anything I write,very simple Tan/Red lover :D

Annis,me old mate, we will always disagree on this, not a Red/Tan lover in the least. But a lover of CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB. like yourself, period !!! :thumbup:

Jules, fair enough, but the sarcasm started by yourself, I was just winding u up back :thumbup:

I know your a proud City fan :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

I know, my apologies mate. :thumbup:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:30 am

Jules wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jules wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jules wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jules wrote:So you not going to be waving your little Malaysian flag anytime soon then Annis ? :D

NOW BEFORE THE HATE MOB GET ON MY BACK ' THIS IS A JOKE' which I hope Annis will see as just that. :thumbup:

trying to lighten the mood :ayatollah:

No joke Jules, I welcomed TG/Malaysia and I feel TG was very sincere regarding Cardiff City, he told us at the shareholders meeting while he was at Cardiff City we would always be BLUE and PROUD,then Tan arrived and TG was kicked out,Very Sad really, so No jokes,maybe it was to you Jules :roll: :roll: :roll:

AH righto, Take it how you want, couldn't care what you think to be honest. but everyone allowed an opinion, as you always say. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just cannot see why people have so much HATE ??? He done wrong. He changed it back . move on ffs. there's already enough hate around without this petty shite.

All the OP has done is opened old wounds which I think were slowly healing but this just shows that that is not the case so cut out the crap about us all being together again. Just MY OPINION mind. :roll: :roll: :roll:

If u don't care about what I think, Jules why was I the only one you named on here?

I did not even start this topic, in fact I never start topics about Tan anymore :thumbright: :thumbright:

We are together behind Warnock, but why because you say or anyone else says should we suddenly like Tan, but like you say you don't care what I say or my opinion, so stay of anything I write,very simple Tan/Red lover :D

Annis,me old mate, we will always disagree on this, not a Red/Tan lover in the least. But a lover of CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB. like yourself, period !!! :thumbup:

Jules, fair enough, but the sarcasm started by yourself, I was just winding u up back :thumbup:

I know your a proud City fan :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

I know, my apologies mate. :thumbup:

Jules no problem :bluebird:

:thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby dogfound » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:10 am

to rebrand such a strong brand as ours....with our colour interlinked with a well known nickname was plain stupid.

having said that..WE ,i include myself,did next to nothing to STOP IT..
personally i made a determined effort to wear BLUE { something i didnt always do prior to rebrand } . looking back it was nowhere near enough just a token gesture....but was far more than the vast majority of the now tan haters were doing back then
yes there eventually became a decent size movement to reverse it AFTER the invesment....which got bigger and bigger as results went from bad to worse....i never took part...it would have been hypocritical to cheer promotion in red then join protests because we were poor in red..
those that stopped and cancelled their STs did something...the rest im afraid including me were partly responsible torn between investment and possible sucess and our clubs tradition and history ...FIDDLED WHILE ROME BURNED.

NOBODY comes out of this with much credit other than a very small group that stuck to their guns.
singing Tan is a wanker..or saying how much you hate him at regular intervals ..will never change the fact that if we had really really wanted to stop the rebrand...WE WOULD HAVE

hated the red..hated the hypocracy too though..
dogfound

Postby Bluebird1977 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:19 am

The man a lunatic the quicker he toddles off the better, short term memory loss people have got again over the sign of £££££ on a few players. Makes my toes curl it really does. The best 11 in the world wouldn't make me like the man the bottom line is the stuff he done goes to the root for a lot of people and when he bails everyone's opinion will change on him as he will want his money back remember.
:bluescarf:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby SBF1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:02 pm

My view is this, I hated what he did.
In fact I believe he also hated what he did. (he was ruining his own business)
The fact is though, unless we all start promoting that we are all willing to put it all behind us, this club will never be what it aspires to be. He is STILL bankrolling the club.
Who cares if he is in the ground or not. It is still the owner of CCFC.
We all need to move forward now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Neath Bluebirds.
SBF1

Postby SBF1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:03 pm

:old: :thumbup:
Neath Bluebirds.
SBF1

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:23 pm

dogfound wrote:to rebrand such a strong brand as ours....with our colour interlinked with a well known nickname was plain stupid.

personally i made a determined effort to wear BLUE { something i didnt always do prior to rebrand } . looking back it was nowhere near enough just a token gesture....but was far more than the vast majority of the now tan haters were doing back then
yes there eventually became a decent size movement to reverse it AFTER the invesment....which got bigger and bigger as results went from bad to worse....i never took part...it would have been hypocritical to cheer promotion in red then join protests because we were poor in red..
those that stopped and cancelled their STs did something...the rest im afraid including me were partly responsible torn between investment and possible sucess and our clubs tradition and history ...FIDDLED WHILE ROME BURNED.

NOBODY comes out of this with much credit other than a very small group that stuck to their guns.
singing Tan is a wanker..or saying how much you hate him at regular intervals ..will never change the fact that if we had really really wanted to stop the rebrand...WE WOULD HAVE

Fantastic post and cuts through a lot of bullshit. I would put myself in the exact same position as you, I did nothing to stop the rebrand (apart from making the same conscious effort to wear blue) and hoped the sacrifice would ensure our future in the top flight.

I did admire those who cancelled their season tickets at the time of the rebrand (they did make a proper stand) but like you I don't admire those who simply shouted expletives at VT and thought they were 'standing up' to him. They were not they were being hypocritical especially when cheering our promotion in red.

For the record I was always pretty sure that at some point we would revert to blue. Being pragmatic I thought let's take the money now and worry about the kit colour once we were established. The only thing that surprised me was how quickly it happened, after only 2 and half years.

I know that the club is loaded with debt but if as promised it is reverted to equity and the club becomes debt free, then I believe on balance that we would have come out of the rebrand very well indeed and the pain of those 2 and half years would have been worthwhile.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby dogfound » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:The man a lunatic the quicker he fucks off the better, short term memory loss people have got again over the sign of £££££ on a few players. Makes my toes curl it really does. The best 11 in the world wouldn't make me like the prick the bottom line is the shit he done goes to the root for a lot of people and when he bails everyone's opinion will change on him as he will want his money back remember.
:bluescarf:

most people involved in any business venture would like their money back as a bare mininmum.
but in Tans case that has looked less and less likely yet he still stumps up our finances.

i doubt he will get his money back..or that there is anyone that truely believes there are people out there prepared to sign a deal to buy a club that loses money for an amount plus a 100 million debt to Tan..not even sure this would be allowed by the various football governing bodies.
the difference between...the lot of people whose opinion would change and yourself is...when you are proved wrong youll not change opinion..
dogfound

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
dogfound wrote:to rebrand such a strong brand as ours....with our colour interlinked with a well known nickname was plain stupid.

Fantastic post and cuts through a lot of bullshit. I would put myself in the exact same position as you, I did nothing to stop the rebrand (apart from making the same conscious effort to wear blue) and hoped the sacrifice would ensure our future in the top flight.

I did admire those who cancelled their season tickets at the time of the rebrand (they did make a proper stand) but like you I don't admire those who simply shouted expletives at VT and thought they were 'standing up' to him. They were not they were being hypocritical especially when cheering our promotion in red.

For the record I was always pretty sure that at some point we would revert to blue. Being pragmatic I thought let's take the money now and worry about the kit colour once we were established. The only thing that surprised me was how quickly it happened, after only 2 and half years.

I know that the club is loaded with debt but if as promised it is reverted to equity and the club becomes debt free, then I believe on balance that we would have come out of the rebrand very well indeed and the pain of those 2 and half years would have been worthwhile.

Hypocritical because someone decided to continue supporting the team?

I reckon those who you are pointing the finger at would have supported the team if Tan had not put any money in at all.
Bakedalasker

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:09 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Hypocritical because someone decided to continue supporting the team?

I reckon those who you are pointing the finger at would have supported the team if Tan had not put any money in at all.

The point was both dogfound and myself (along with thousands of other reluctant reds) have admitted to not doing anything to try and stop the rebrand (apart from wearing blue) because we were pragmatic enough to understand that we were in no position to do so during that period in 2012.

However, there are others who didn't accept the rebrand but continued to watch CCFC playing in red believing shouting abuse was a kind of 'stand' which it never was. If they were truly against the rebrand like they claimed then they should have voted with their feet. From what I remember you were one of those who didn't renew your season ticket?

As I have said I fully accept you are principled and did make the ultimate sacrifice and you have my full respect for your decision.

However, I cannot respect the abuse throwers who were basically a complete waste of time and did nothing but disrupt the club. The stark honest truth is the reversal of the rebrand was brought about by relegation and the thousands of fans who stopped going because of that. If we had got the same reaction at the time of the rebrand then almost certainly it would not have gone ahead but almost certainly we would have been in serious financial trouble within weeks.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Nuclearblue » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:08 pm

"Reluctant reds" that term makes my toes curl.
Nuclearblue

Postby Ebbw Blue » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:20 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:"Reluctant reds" that term makes my toes curl.

Totally agree with you mate
Ebbw Blue

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:59 pm

that has to be anyone who watched us in home games in red. people dress it up how they want but only people who really rejected the red to a real level was those who stopped watching us because of us, that was the real protest and not enough of us did it to effect.

I don't believe this whole I hated us in red but still bought a season ticket in the championship, then it was the worse in the prem still in red and worst time ever but still bought a ticket (while we splashed the cash). when did the real protest start? when relegation was all but confirmed. says a lot.

did attendances return after blue like predicted? no. how can you blame Tan when he looks at the figures. our fan base want success and that's what brings them back.
2blue2handle

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:34 am

2blue2handle wrote:

that has to be anyone who watched us in home games in red. people dress it up how they want but only people who really rejected the red to a real level was those who stopped watching us because of us, that was the real protest and not enough of us did it to effect.

I don't believe this whole I hated us in red but still bought a season ticket in the championship, then it was the worse in the prem still in red and worst time ever but still bought a ticket (while we splashed the cash). when did the real protest start? when relegation was all but confirmed. says a lot.

did attendances return after blue like predicted? no. how can you blame Tan when he looks at the figures. our fan base want success and that's what brings them back.

It is an unwritten rule that you have a right to support your team regardless of what happens.

Funny really as the red brigade used that against those that walked and used the argument of accepting the rebrand because those opposing it decided to carry on supporting the team.

Finally....they are not fans if that is what it takes to bring then back.....success.
Bakedalasker

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:36 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

It is an unwritten rule that you have a right to support your team regardless of what happens.

Funny really as the red brigade used that against those that walked and used the argument of accepting the rebrand because those opposing it decided to carry on supporting the team.

Finally....they are not fans if that is what it takes to bring then back.....success.

Ian what you have written above is a 'dog ate my homework excuse' at best. Time and again I have read how 'hurt' fans felt at having the clubs 'identity' ripped away from it yet they couldn't muster the courage to stand by their convictions and walk away when the rebrand was announced (all bar a very small number).

Fans like myself and dogfound have admitted that whilst we didn't like the rebrand we tolerated it for the good of the club. I wouldn't claim that is exactly an honourable position but at least we are truthful by admitting we did nothing to stop it.

The cowardly supporters who didn't have the courage of their convictions but shouted the loudest, instead blamed everyone else and invented phrases such as the 'red brigade' (which never actually existed) and finger pointed to throw the scent off the fact they were total cowards when it came to making a courageous call. You can dress it up as something else all you want but those who claim they had the 'right' to support the club, but at the same time attend games and throw insults and blame in every other direction were the real cowards full stop.

And finally fans that do that are not real fans at all......
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Ian what you have written above is a 'dog ate my homework excuse' at best. Time and again I have read how 'hurt' fans felt at having the clubs 'identity' ripped away from it yet they couldn't muster the courage to stand by their convictions and walk away when the rebrand was announced (all bar a very small number).

Fans like myself and dogfound have admitted that whilst we didn't like the rebrand we tolerated it for the good of the club. I wouldn't claim that is exactly an honourable position but at least we are truthful by admitting we did nothing to stop it.

The cowardly supporters who didn't have the courage of their convictions but shouted the loudest, instead blamed everyone else and invented phrases such as the 'red brigade' (which never actually existed) and finger pointed to throw the scent off the fact they were total cowards when it came to making a courageous call. You can dress it up as something else all you want but those who claim they had the 'right' to support the club, but at the same time attend games and throw insults and blame in every other direction were the real cowards full stop.

I never went to a match following the change to red, at least not until the re-brand was reversed. I sometimes wonder if I cut off my nose to spite my face, as I have never watched Cardiff in the top flight, and if history is anything to go by, I will probably never ever get to see us play in the top division. I have some regrets about feeling so strongly about this particular episode in our club's history, but I just enjoy a good match so I try and convince myself it does'nt matter who our opponents are. I know a lot of fans are not interested in what colour we play in, but to me blue is an important part of the club I follow, and we are not called the bluebirds for nothing. I'm afraid red is not the team I have followed for fifty years, and if we were to change again, I would do exactly the same as last time and find something else to do on the weekend.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:29 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

And what about those who demonstrated, who remained behind after the Swansea game?
Bakedalasker

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:08 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Reluctant red = Believed that all those that was totally against the re brand should do the decent thing and leave. Well hell no I still went and I let my voice and what I wore do the talking. It got to the stage I couldn't care less if we won drew or lost. But I kept going and making a nuisance of my self. Why ? Coz it pissed Tan off and it pissed off the reluctant reds.
I like to think that those that stayed and made there views heard in the stadium got us our identity back eventually.
It certainly wasn't the reluctant reds who would not make the stand with us.
My view only don't expect you to agree but that is your choice Chief.
Am I glad we got relegated from the Prem ? Hell yes and that's a big yes because had we stayed we would still be red now.
Would it have got to the stage that I walked away ? Yes I was very very close and the only reason I stayed so long as I saw the tide turning in our favour and walking away would of been a victory for Tan.
Nuclearblue

Previous

Return to General Chat