Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Neil Warnock reveals Cardiff City's '

Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:14 am

Neil Warnock reveals Cardiff City's hectic training schedule — and his frustrations after Taff's Well victory

By Dominic Booth

Saturday 15th July 2017

Neil Warnock won't be giving Cardiff City's players much rest over the next fortnight, promising to step up the intensity of training through pre-season.

The Bluebirds' pre-season campaign got underway with a 1-0 win over Welsh League minnows Taff's Well thanks to Anthony Pilkington's early volley that lit up a quiet encounter.

But Warnock revealed he didn't enjoy the game with much more preparation to be completed before Cardiff are ready for competitive action.

"It was just good to have another 45 minutes," he said, after fulfilling his promise to give players at least 45 minutes to impress against the Wellmen.

"They've trained hard all week and we had a hard session this morning, which the lads didn't think we would having a game but it's important to maintain the training schedule now for the next 10 days," he added.

The Bluebirds now head to Cornwall for their pre-season tour with the games coming thick and fast. They face AFC Tavistock, Bodmin Town and Plymouth Argyle in the space of five days before returning to South Wales.

And Warnock warned his players there was plenty of hard work to come, despite the hectic pre-season schedule.

"We'll be training everyday next week even though I know we've got three games as well, " he said. "We're just building it up.

"I enjoyed the experience but I didn't enjoy the game, to be honest. That's nothing to do with Taff's Well but I get a little bit frustrated when you've not done any tactics and you want to score more goals. But now we have a good week down in Cornwall and we won't do so many changes down there.

"There's some good facilities and some good pitches down there, not too dissimilar to this (Taff's Well), so I'm looking forward to it."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Neil Warnock reveals Cardiff City's '

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:03 am

Warnock is a breath of fresh air to the club. Love a manager with passion and Warnock as bundles of that.

Re: ' Neil Warnock reveals Cardiff City's '

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:10 am

Ebbw Blue wrote:Warnock is a breath of fresh air to the club. Love a manager with passion and Warnock as bundles of that.

Exactly how I see Warnock and he's made me believe again in Cardiff City :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: