Cardiff City Forum

Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

' Neil Warnock / Craig Noone '

Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:14 pm

Neil Warnock was asked this week about Craig Noone and his future at Cardiff City, remember Warnock inherited Noone who is on approx £25,000 a week and tried to loan Noone out last season, but who is going to want to take Craig Noone on free, never mind buy him when he would cost them in wages alone £1.4mill this season.

Neil Warnock on Craig Noone's future: "No comment."
Attachments
DExZZ0zWsAAeCcG-2.jpg
DExZZ0zWsAAeCcG-2.jpg (44.62 KiB) Viewed 6012 times

Re: ' Neil Warnock / Craig Noone '

Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:50 pm

I think he will move on, he would be a great signing for League One side

Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:22 pm

oxfordblue wrote:I think he will move on, he would be a great signing for League One side

Perfect for that division, but they could not afford his wages.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:22 pm

Noone was the last player out after the game posing for photos and signing autographs, then the bus took off without him! Noone was running up the road chasing the bus! :lol:

Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:56 pm

See it's things like that you can't help but respect he's a decent lad doing the right thing just can't find any form

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:38 pm

i still think he can be a top championships player but he needs a move and a fresh start. Can imagine him somewhere like Norwich, 25k a week is excessive but someone might risk it on a free.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:13 pm

Im always hearing on here Warnocks gets the best out of players why not Craig Nqqne? or is it just his wages.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:11 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:Im always hearing on here Warnocks gets the best out of players why not Craig Nqqne? or is it just his wages.

And the fact that he's not that good.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:05 pm

Warnock and him were chatting great before the start of the second half last night so I don't think it's anything personal between them just because of noone's wages

Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:57 am

Question-
If he took a wage cut would you keep him?

It's an intriguing one for me - I like the majority get frustrated watching him, but I like his obvious love for the club, I don't think he's terrible but I do want more!

Conundrum!

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:40 am

Blue_Barber wrote:Question-

It's an intriguing one for me - I like the majority get frustrated watching him, but I like his obvious love for the club, I don't think he's terrible but I do want more!

Conundrum!

Good point.
He seems to love it here and he works up and down the flanks well. On his day, as we all know, he has some great skills but they're so few and far between.
For me, I think I'd sell regardless. It's time he moved on.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:42 am

Blue_Barber wrote:Question-

Conundrum!

not for me, I think it's for the best he moves on now.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:50 am

Time for him to move on ,he's just going through the motions here

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:52 am

wez1927 wrote:Time for him to move on ,he's just going through the motions here

Wez, I am hearing off the field he's a bit of a lad?

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:

He puts a lot of extra training in the gym, my mate trains him ,have not heard that hes a wild one

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:57 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

He puts a lot of extra training in the gym, my mate trains him ,have not heard that hes a wild one

Neither have I.
I have heard he's a character and the joker in the squad and that's he's good to have around but nothing else.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:18 am

Noone has the talent.....one of our few tidy players in the Premier league. He's gone backwards and it may be that Warnock has given up hope on him.
Kennedy might well be a better bet for the future.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:22 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Well that was what i was told,to be honest if he does put all this extra training in, it does not come through on the pitch.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:26 am

Strange as he was one of our best players in the premiership season

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:30 am

Ebbw Blue wrote:Strange as he was one of our best players in the premiership season

Darren, I have pm you :thumbright:

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:50 am

Ebbw Blue wrote:Strange as he was one of our best players in the premiership season

I keep reading and hearing people say this. The fact is he made only 14 appearances, scored one goal and had one assist.He had one great game against Man City but did very little else in the Prem.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:15 am

Nemo wrote:

I keep reading and hearing people say this. The fact is he made only 14 appearances, scored one goal and had one assist.He had one great game against Man City but did very little else in the Prem.

I agree I think the Man City game (away) skewed fans perspective of his time in the Premier League. As the old saying goes one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:26 am

Neil Warnock: Cardiff manager warns of more player departures

BBC

Sunday 16th July 2017

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock says he will trim his squad further before the new season begins.

Peter Whittingham, Rickie Lambert and Emyr Huws have already left the Championship side.

Wingers Craig Noone and Anthony Pilkington, plus left-back Declan John could also be surplus to requirements at Cardiff City Stadium.

"There's players who won't be here at the start of the season," Warnock confirmed.

"Fans might guess without me telling them really. I don't envisage going with more than about 21 or 22 players this year."

"If you get a wrong attitude that's when you get injured, so I was pleased with our lads and it was a great night all round."

Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:51 pm

Nemo wrote:

i watched all our games that season home and away...and your correct..we had a team that finished bottom and over the season thats exactly where we deserved to be..Noone wasnt even up to being a regular in a very poor side.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
oxfordblue wrote:I think he will move on, he would be a great signing for League One side

Perfect for that division, but they could not afford his wages.

not the best idea in the world to put it out there that we dont want him...anyone semi interested will just wait for the customery CCFC contract pay off and then get him on the cheap.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:01 pm

This is a horses for courses scenario.

Malky had him for when our very negative containment tactics needed a spark with 20 mins to go. He is a little magician especially against tiring big defenders.

It appears to me that warnock want a direct big fast physical front three. The days of a big salaried impact player have gone, so Nooney must go.

Of course its not personal, but Warnock has a said many times he wants players who can play a few positions, so he'll change the formation to change the game and not necessarily a player to change it.

He is a big budget club player really, we can't afford a 1.2 million pound sub.

Anyone from Wolves around ?
Post a reply