' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:55 am

Bristol City boss Lee Johnson lifts lid on Lee Tomlin transfer and why he was sold to Cardiff City

"Tomlin lives in Leicester and travelling three hours to work and three hours back every day and it's not conducive to him performing at his absolute best."


By Bristol Post


Sunday 16th July 2017


Lee Johnson has spoken about the sale of former fans favourite Lee Tomlin during the week to Cardiff City.

Following a sparkling display from Bristol City against Yeovil Town on Saturday, which the Robins won 3-1, Johnson spoke to the media where he responded to questions about transfers, both incoming and outgoing.

In particular, he spoke about the decision to part with Tomlin for a fee reportedly just short of £3m if all clauses are met.

"You make a decision and at the end of the day Tommo had three years left on his deal so of course he was part of my plans," he said in response to a question on why he said that Tomlin was part of his plans earlier in the summer.

"If people read the articles properly and not just the headlines you'll see that it's really important that you adhere to the culture at the football club.

"And it's not that Tommo didn't - there's nothing wrong with him, he's a great lad, Tommo - but it wasn't ideal with his personal circumstances with living in Leicester and travelling three hours to work and three hours back every day and it's not conducive to him performing at his absolute best. We don't blame him for that.


"An offer came in, it was a decent offer, and it was money that allows us to go and reinvest in the squad where we need to and given the shape changes you make an evaluation of what's right and what's wrong and we sat down with Tommo and felt it was the right thing for him to move on."

Meanwhile Lee Johnson revealed that Jens Hegeler had picked up a small injury, ruling him out, of Saturday's game at Yeovil.

He also confirmed that he wanted to strengthen the squad in several positions, including goalkeeper.
Attachments
JMP_Bristol_City_v_Aston_Villa_JM026-1JPG.jpg
JMP_Bristol_City_v_Aston_Villa_JM026-1JPG.jpg (44.33 KiB) Viewed 6174 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 95117
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby grange_end1927 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:07 am

Got the talent,yet lazy, Warnock will work on that :ayatollah:
grange_end1927
 
Posts: 1338
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:17 am

Hope he makes him rent in Cardiff rather than travelling from Leicester
gwentbluebirds
 
Posts: 2747
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:46 am

Are we missing something? BCity basically sold him because his travelling was interfering with his performances! Yet we buy him probably under same conditions why?
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 12230
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby Caerphillyblue1927 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:44 am

Show him around the Bay, I am sure he'd love living down there :thumbup:
User avatar
Caerphillyblue1927
 
Posts: 1539
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:16 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby john52 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:58 am

So is he stil going to travel or is he going to move? If he is stil going to travel then this would cause a problem travelling for that long.
john52
 
Posts: 612
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:10 pm

Reply From Facebook

Gareth Hughes
Personally I think that Lee Johnson could not get the best out of Tomlin and got rid. Warnock is the sort of manager who has the ability to get the best out of him. The fact that a lot of the wurzels are gutted that he's gone says an awful lot.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 95117
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply From Facebook

Gareth Hughes
Personally I think that Lee Johnson could not get the best out of Tomlin and got rid. Warnock is the sort of manager who has the ability to get the best out of him. The fact that a lot of the wurzels are gutted that he's gone says an awful lot.



Annis no doubting his abilities and personality clash aside the article is saying travelling was a problem As this been sorted?
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 12230
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby Ebbw Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:33 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Reply From Facebook

Gareth Hughes
Personally I think that Lee Johnson could not get the best out of Tomlin and got rid. Warnock is the sort of manager who has the ability to get the best out of him. The fact that a lot of the wurzels are gutted that he's gone says an awful lot.



Annis no doubting his abilities and personality clash aside the article is saying travelling was a problem As this been sorted?


I would expect Warnock to endure he lives within a reasonable commute
Ebbw Blue
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply From Facebook

Gareth Hughes
Personally I think that Lee Johnson could not get the best out of Tomlin and got rid. Warnock is the sort of manager who has the ability to get the best out of him. The fact that a lot of the wurzels are gutted that he's gone says an awful lot.

100 percent agree Annis. Let's face it, the fans are angry so Johnson has to turn the blame onto LT. He's hardly gonna say that they sold to finance a few signings or admit he couldn't get the best out of him.
Recently he was quoted as saying that Tomlinson was in his plans - has Leicester moved further away from Bristol since he said that?!?
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 902
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby bluebird04 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:08 pm

i am sick of reading these "Warnock will get the best out of him".... why, I don't get it, yes Warnock is a superb man-manager, but if the player doesn't put in the effort then no manager will get the best out of him
bluebird04
 
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:03 pm

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby MarshfieldIsBlue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:57 pm

I'm pretty sure Leicester isn't three hours away. Unless Bristol had him driving one of their tractors?
User avatar
MarshfieldIsBlue
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:39 pm
Location: Marshfield, Cardiff

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:12 pm

The wurzels are just being the bitter losers they always have been. We could play like Brazil and they'd still say we are shit. They hate the simple fact he wants to play for Cardiff, not them.

They heaped praise on Lee Johnson (and themselves) when then had their brief good start, new breed of young creative coach, nailed on promotion etc. Then as soon as they went into freefall after we beat them the week NW joined, they immediately were calling for his head and for the owner to sell up. Then when they survived, its back to Johnson being their messiah. They are now blaming their slide on Tomlin! Fickle doesn't begin to describe their bag'o'shite fan base.

Tomlin probably didn't want to be at Ashton Gate for most of last season, the same as their fans who were almost at the stage of boycotting. They know that they will struggle again next season especially without Tomlin and Tammy.

The 'distance' excuse is especially lame. Tomlin wants to play for a proven manager who will get the best from him and to be at a club who have stated that they are having a go. Oooaarr.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
User avatar
GrangeEndStar
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:28 pm

bluebird04 wrote:i am sick of reading these "Warnock will get the best out of him".... why, I don't get it, yes Warnock is a superb man-manager, but if the player doesn't put in the effort then no manager will get the best out of him



It's also can be a case that a player likes to play for a particular manager! And yes some managers do get best out certain players but your right in fact they must want to put in the effort in 1st place :old:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 12230
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby Blue_Barber » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:10 pm

You have to put yourself in your own work place - why do you work better for some managers than others or even some companies than others because they believe in you etc

I find it hard to imagine Tomlin travelling from Leicester daily to get to training - think of all the bridge fair for one- the gaffer does a lot of training mind doesnt he, from Plymouth so it may actually be something he can relate to- but then I'm sure the club would help with finding accommodation for both of them if NW hasn't already got his that is lol
Blue_Barber
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:39 pm
Location: Valleys

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby norms76 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:03 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:You have to put yourself in your own work place - why do you work better for some managers than others or even some companies than others because they believe in you etc

I find it hard to imagine Tomlin travelling from Leicester daily to get to training - think of all the bridge fair for one- the gaffer does a lot of training mind doesnt he, from Plymouth so it may actually be something he can relate to- but then I'm sure the club would help with finding accommodation for both of them if NW hasn't already got his that is lol

Warnock has got a place near Ogmore I believe.
User avatar
norms76
 
Posts: 3719
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:23 pm

On only the 29th June 2017 he said Tomlinson was still part of his plans for next season. Now what 2 weeks later the driving is an issue and he's better off rid of him?

All B.S. to keep the fans at Bristol off the clubs back.
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby norms76 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:35 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:On only the 29th June 2017 he said Tomlinson was still part of his plans for next season. Now what 2 weeks later the driving is an issue and he's better off rid of him?

All B.S. to keep the fans at Bristol off the clubs back.

Tomlinson? :wtf: :dontknow:
User avatar
norms76
 
Posts: 3719
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby Blueboys1927 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:22 pm

Leicester about 2 1/2 drive daily 5 hours in total :bluebird:
User avatar
Blueboys1927
 
Posts: 2878
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:45 pm

Welcome :bluebird:
User avatar
TopCat CCFC
Moderator
 
Posts: 14438
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:28 pm

norms76 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:On only the 29th June 2017 he said Tomlinson was still part of his plans for next season. Now what 2 weeks later the driving is an issue and he's better off rid of him?

All B.S. to keep the fans at Bristol off the clubs back.

Tomlinson? :wtf: :dontknow:


Autocorrect....congratulations on pointing it out.
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 661
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:50 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Welcome :bluebird:


:thumbup: Welcome Lee.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
User avatar
GrangeEndStar
 
Posts: 5383
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby barry boy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:09 pm

He cant even drive and goes everywhere by public transport.
The bus to Leicester changes 3 times and takes 6 hours. And no luggage rack for his boots, and Big Mac meal deals.

I hope Mr Warnock, manager for 40 years and knows nothing about football, knows this. :shock:

How does Manga get home to Gabon every night ? !!
User avatar
barry boy
 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:45 pm
Location: Over the Island

Re: ' Why Lee Tomlin was Sold to Cardiff City '

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:17 pm

barry boy wrote:He cant even drive and goes everywhere by public transport.
The bus to Leicester changes 3 times and takes 6 hours. And no luggage rack for his boots, and Big Mac meal deals.

I hope Mr Warnock, manager for 40 years and knows nothing about football, knows this. :shock:

How does Manga get home to Gabon every night ? !!


In VTs private pirate ship
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2blue2handle, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Gavin, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], jimmy_rat, Kenbird1983, Llantwit Blue, maccydee, newblue57, nigelelec, Pembroke bluebird and 134 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.