Warnock:"I told him ‘£15m, £20m and I’d think about it".

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:19 am

Cardiff City reject offers for Kenneth Zohore as Neil Warnock promises striker will soon be worth £20million

By Chris Wathan

Sunday 16th July 2017

Neil Warnock has admitted Cardiff City have turned down offers for Kenneth Zohore – and reckons no-one will be laughing at his £20m valuation of the striker come the end of the season.

Hull City are known to have been keen on Danish frontman Zohore with suggestions of a £6m at the start of this month.

New Tigers boss Leonid Slutsky is thought to have targeted the 23-year-old as he looks to rebuild the Hull team relegated from last season’s Premier League to attempt a rapid return to the top-flight.

But Cardiff wasted no time in telling Hull – who are not alone in their interest in Zohore – that it would take “silly money” of as much as Championship record £20m to sell their top scorer.

Now Warnock has confirmed offers have been lodged for the marksman, but says he’s had the full backing of owner Vincent Tan and chairman Mehmet Dalman in saying Zohore is worth far more – certainly in terms of the Bluebirds hopes’ for the coming season.

And while he revealed he playfully teased a Hull official about needing £20m to strike a deal, he’s predicted the figures won’t seem such silly next summer.

“We’ve had offers. I can’t tell you a specific amount,” said Warnock on Zohore, who hit impressive form after being rescued from the fringes by Warnock last season. “I saw (Hull secretary and former Cardiff official) David Beeby the other night when he came down for the Coldplay concert.

“He came into the office to say hello to a few people and I put my arm around him and said ‘I bet you wish I wasn’t here so you could buy him!’

“We had a good laugh and I told him ‘£15m, £20m and I’d think about it’.

“To be honest, I don’t think anyone in the Championship would pay that yet. But you might think I’m joking, but in 12 months (the bids) for him really could be silly numbers.”

Warnock admits he is grateful for the support from Tan, Dalman and chief executive Ken Choo over the firm stance, revealing that backer Tan was “like a little boy” such was his excitement of the coming season following the capture of seven new faces, the confirmation of new deals for the likes of Bruno Manga — and holding off interest in Zohore and skipper Sean Morrison.

Hull are not thought to be ready to try their luck again with Zohore, and Warnock’s confirmation comes after Dalman told WalesOnline the ‘hands-off’ warning shows the club’s intent about the coming Championship campaign.

“We’re going to have a real go at this next season,” said Dalman earlier this week. “Why would we wish to lose our top scorer and without doubt one of our best players?

“He is not going anywhere. We have a job to do here, he’s a huge part of that and he will do a great job for us in the coming season."
Attachments
Cardiff-City-v-Fulham.jpg
Cardiff-City-v-Fulham.jpg (46.34 KiB) Viewed 3690 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Warnock:"I told him ‘£15m, £20m and I’d think about it".

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:54 am

Warnock makes a joke out of it when he says: "I bet you wish I wasn't here so you could buy him!"

But if we have had an offer of at least £5m last summer for any of our players, then our club would have taken it.

A much different club now, and it's great to see :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:18 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Warnock makes a joke out of it when he says: "I bet you wish I wasn't here so you could buy him!"

But if we have had an offer of at least £5m last summer for any of our players, then our club would have taken it.

A much different club now, and it's great to see :thumbright:

Totally agree, since Warnock has come in, he's galvanised the club, the board and VT seem to be singing off the same hymn sheet, there's a buzz about the new season that hasn't been there for a long time and the players all seem to be gelling, a good bond and spirit amongst the club.

Well done to all :bluescarf:
Wolfpac

Postby City Slicker » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:34 am

This is such a different club since Warnock has arrived and what a pleasure it's turning out to be. I think Tan has seen the error of his ways and realised you need an experienced and talented man at the helm instead of slotting in Mickey Mouse managers.

I wager if Warnock had been in charge when Tan first suggested the red it wouldn't have happened and, had we still achieved promotion, we would have been better prepared to tackle the Premiership. Still, there's no point crying over spilled milk, there's a buzz about the place and who's to say we won't get promoted again? :thumbup:
City Slicker

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:41 am

City Slicker wrote:This is such a different club since Warnock has arrived and what a pleasure it's turning out to be. I think Tan has seen the error of his ways and realised you need an experienced and talented man at the helm instead of slotting in Mickey Mouse managers.

I wager if Warnock had been in charge when Tan first suggested the red it wouldn't have happened and, had we still achieved promotion, we would have been better prepared to tackle the Premiership. Still, there's no point crying over spilled milk, there's a buzz about the place and who's to say we won't get promoted again? :thumbup:

Should've gone with the 5 year plan QPR had and begged Warnock to sign long term.
If we are close this season I think he'll end up signing an extension. Imagine he can do next summer what he is currently doing. Our squad would be the strongest its ever been IMO.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Return to General Chat