Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARDIFF CITY'S MIDFIELDERS

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:37 am

CARDIFF CITY'S MIDFIELDERS

Your first choices?

Aron Gunnarsson, Loic Damour, Joe Ralls, Stuart O'Keefe, Matty Kennedy, Craig Noone, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Mark Harris

Joe Ralls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CARDIFF CITY'S MIDFIELDERS

Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:CARDIFF CITY'S MIDFIELDERS

Your first choices?

Aron Gunnarsson, Loic Damour, Joe Ralls, Stuart O'Keefe, Matty Kennedy, Craig Noone, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Mark Harris

Joe Ralls

Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:38 pm

I must say I was impressed with Damour. He looks a very good athlete, sitting in front of the back 4, always making himself available and spraying balls left and right, he also threaded a few lovely balls through.

I think if we play a 4-5-1, Damour can be the one sitting and this will allow Gunnarsson to be more box to box. Gunnarsson has shown what a threat he can be breaking forwards into the box, I think Gunnarsson will be chipping in with more goals this season with Damour alongside him. Tomlin would then be the creative midfielder out of the middle 3, but that means Ralls would be left out, which would be really harsh on Ralls.

Isn't it great to have so many options though?

Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:21 pm

First game only based on what I've seen and experience of the league:
4 man midfield of
Hoillet and Harris/Pilkington
Gunnarson and Tomlin

You'd them put Ralls and Harris/Pilkington or Mendez-Laing on the bench

Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:16 pm

I'd go 5 man midfield
Gunnar & possibly Loic (defensive with one having a licence to push up when needed)
Mendez / Hoilett / Harris to be 2 of the rings with Tomlinson in middle (no 10)

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:55 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I must say I was impressed with Damour. He looks a very good athlete, sitting in front of the back 4, always making himself available and spraying balls left and right, he also threaded a few lovely balls through.

I think if we play a 4-5-1, Damour can be the one sitting and this will allow Gunnarsson to be more box to box. Gunnarsson has shown what a threat he can be breaking forwards into the box, I think Gunnarsson will be chipping in with more goals this season with Damour alongside him. Tomlin would then be the creative midfielder out of the middle 3, but that means Ralls would be left out, which would be really harsh on Ralls.

Isn't it great to have so many options though?

Good problems to have for sure. Will be interesting to see how the new lads deal with higher quality opposition.