Matt Kennedy: "Why I was sad to leave"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Matt Kennedy:" Why I was sad to leave Plymouth Argyle"

The Herald

Tuesday 18th July 2017

Former Plymouth Argyle loanee Matty Kennedy made his return to the Westcountry last night by impressing in Cardiff City's 6-2 win over Tavistock before paying tribute to the Green Army.

Kennedy arrived at Home Park from the Bluebirds on the last day of the January transfer window and was an instant hit, scoring in three of his first four games for the Pilgrims.

In total, he notched five goal in 17 appearances and played a key role as the Pilgrims finished runners-up in League Two, earning them promotion to League One.

And it is a time that 22-year-old Kennedy looks back upon with great fondness.

"I was sad to leave Argyle at the end of last season as I thought I had done my job there and it was great to be involved in the promotion celebrations," he said.

"I feel I had a great bond with the fans at Argyle who were really great and played their part in getting the team up.

"Now I must concentrate on doing my best to win a place at Cardiff and hopefully the boss (Warnock) is pleased with the way I have been shaping up."

Kennedy is expected to play some part against the Pilgrims when the two clubs lock horns at Home Park on Friday. Kick-off is at 7pm.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Matt Kennedy: "Why I was sad to leave"

Postby TAP_Sheep » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Matt Kennedy:" Why I was sad to leave Plymouth Argyle"

The Herald

Tuesday 18th July 2017

Former Plymouth Argyle loanee Matty Kennedy made his return to the Westcountry last night by impressing in Cardiff City's 6-2 win over Tavistock before paying tribute to the Green Army.

Kennedy arrived at Home Park from the Bluebirds on the last day of the January transfer window and was an instant hit, scoring in three of his first four games for the Pilgrims.

In total, he notched five goal in 17 appearances and played a key role as the Pilgrims finished runners-up in League Two, earning them promotion to League One.

"I was sad to leave Argyle at the end of last season as I thought I had done my job there and it was great to be involved in the promotion celebrations," he said.

"I feel I had a great bond with the fans at Argyle who were really great and played their part in getting the team up.

"Now I must concentrate on doing my best to win a place at Cardiff and hopefully the boss (Warnock) is pleased with the way I have been shaping up."

Kennedy is expected to play some part against the Pilgrims when the two clubs lock horns at Home Park on Friday. Kick-off is at 7pm.

Don't get why players say this about ex-clubs, almost as if they don't want to be here. It's weird
TAP_Sheep

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:32 pm

6-2 n were we docked a goal ?
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby eddiep » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:46 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:

The Herald

Tuesday 18th July 2017

Don't get why players say this about ex-clubs, almost as if they don't want to be here. It's weird

He was part of a special season, wanted, admired, playing, match intensity, the fans, the buzz etc why wouldn't he have fond memories???

He could end up being a bit part benchwarmers or a big squad player, our season could be good, bad or indifferent.

I think it's good he enjoyed a great season last year for himself.

Hopefully he will enjoy this one with us more!!!!
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:25 pm

eddiep wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

The Herald

Tuesday 18th July 2017

He was part of a special season, wanted, admired, playing, match intensity, the fans, the buzz etc why wouldn't he have fond memories???

He could end up being a bit part benchwarmers or a big squad player, our season could be good, bad or indifferent.

I think it's good he enjoyed a great season last year for himself.

Hopefully he will enjoy this one with us more!!!!

Exactly, he was a big star there, treated well and won promotion he's within his rights to have enjoyed his time there it's got nothing to do with not wanting to be here
nubbsy

Postby Lordsheep » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:34 am

TAP_Sheep wrote:

The Herald

Tuesday 18th July 2017

Little thing called respect mate. Fans and club treated him well - nice statement like this is just his way of thanking them.

Not quite sure how you think he almost doesn't want to be here based on that.
Lordsheep

Postby TAP_Sheep » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:34 am

Lordsheep wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:

The Herald

Tuesday 18th July 2017

Little thing called respect mate. Fans and club treated him well - nice statement like this is just his way of thanking them.

Not quite sure how you think he almost doesn't want to be here based on that.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much. Just looking into his personal circumstances where on social media every couple of days off he's straight up to Glasgow and always posts about how gutted his coming back to Cardiff and now he's saying he's sad to leave Plymouth? I don't know.
TAP_Sheep

Return to General Chat