Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hull City Sign Campbell

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:07 pm

I personally think he could of done a job here with us but hopefully Saadi will be given a chance and he could be the missing part of our jigsaw

Re: Hull City Sign Campbell

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:14 pm

ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:I personally think he could of done a job here with us but hopefully Saadi will be given a chance and he could be the missing part of our jigsaw

Hasn't done much past 2 seasons it's a gamble for them as they got rid of a striker so going for cheap option as he's a free agent I presume?

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:30 pm

Don't think we need him.

Warnock talks as if Saadi is staying, said it's good to have both him and Tomlin as options. We've also got Ward and Zohore as well as Healey after Christmas.

Campbell was happy to take the money at Palace and sit on the bench. I expect Hull would offer more than we could.

Rarely a good idea to return to a former club, so will be interesting to see how this goes.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:50 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
ReeseBluebird1927 wrote:I personally think he could of done a job here with us but hopefully Saadi will be given a chance and he could be the missing part of our jigsaw

Hasn't done much past 2 seasons it's a gamble for them as they got rid of a striker so going for cheap option as he's a free agent I presume?

Not too much of a gamble especially with parachute payments. They'll be paying a decent wage but no fee and lots of experience, not really had many injury issues. Good signing for anyone in the Championship IMO

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:49 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Not too much of a gamble especially with parachute payments. They'll be paying a decent wage but no fee and lots of experience, not really had many injury issues. Good signing for anyone in the Championship IMO

Not many injury issues because hasn't started many games! May turn out to be good signing but got to bare in mind just sold their regular striker for 10m and replacing him with a freebie who hasn't done anything past 2 seasons that's the gamble, especially as be looking to go straight back up.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:11 pm

I wouldn't of been disappointed if he returned, but I would prefer warnock gives Saadi a shot up top with zahore.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:29 am

pembroke allan wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Not many injury issues because hasn't started many games! May turn out to be good signing but got to bare in mind just sold their regular striker for 10m and replacing him with a freebie who hasn't done anything past 2 seasons that's the gamble, especially as be looking to go straight back up.

Yeah I get that he hasn't played much lately but what I'm trying to say is even when he has a run of games he's never had any issues. Who's this striker they've sold for £10m?

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:16 am

TAP_Sheep wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yeah I get that he hasn't played much lately but what I'm trying to say is even when he has a run of games he's never had any issues. Who's this striker they've sold for £10m?

Ooops must have been rumour as cannot find any reference to hull selling at 10m! :laughing6: Yes Campbell as potential to get goals just have to wait see uf still got it?

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Ooops must have been rumour as cannot find any reference to hull selling at 10m! :laughing6: Yes Campbell as potential to get goals just have to wait see uf still got it?

Might be about that Abel Hernandez I know he hasn't agreed a contract extension yet and they signed him for £10M? Yeah definitely mate, just depends how they spend now. If he's the only half decent striker they've got then I agree it's bad business!

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:31 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Might be about that Abel Hernandez I know he hasn't agreed a contract extension yet and they signed him for £10M? Yeah definitely mate, just depends how they spend now. If he's the only half decent striker they've got then I agree it's bad business!

Taking look at their website they are getting in freebies or loans and not spending anything whilst selling good players not the best idea if want immediate return to the premiership!