Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Loic Damour

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:02 pm

Any news on how he played tonight, I know he scored two which is very good news, from what I read the first goal was a 20 yard screamer. I know these teams are not up to much but I got a good feeling about this season and this player Damour.

Re: Loic Damour

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:27 pm

The games against Plymouth and Shrewsbury will give us a good indicator as to how we're doing, and how good the new signings are fitting in.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Damour was outstanding tonight. He played along side Gunnar in a 4 2 3 1 in the first half, then further forward in the second half. His touch, vision and distribution was pure class. He looks so comfortable with and without the ball, never panics and looks like he wants to control the game and tonight he did.
His first goal was a cracker from 20+ yards and his second was a cool finish after good work from Ward.

Yes the opposition were non league but his class was there for all to see. Hopefully we'll see him again on Friday against a league one team but if tonight is anything to go by we're in for an interesting and exciting season.

Roll on 5th August.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:44 pm

Sounds good, yes the next two games will tell us abit more, you still have to go and win these games against non league, but obviously their not up to much.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:45 pm

He looks a good un

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:58 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Sounds good, yes the next two games will tell us abit more, you still have to go and win these games against non league, but obviously their not up to much.

To be fair Bodmin were a very well organised side and their keeper had MOTM. They were a good test for Warnocks boys and 3 - 1 was a fair result.

Mendez-Laing was also outstanding in the first half, causing all sorts of problems for their left back and he linked well with Peltier. Came off at half time so hopefully he'll play some part against Plymouth.

Another player who deserves a mention was Halford, played centre back first half, then moved into midfield second half after Gunnar went off. His touch and distribution was fantastic and went forward when he could.