Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB TO BE SOLD? "

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:04 am

I think that the rebrand aside, and I walked away and did not watch a game, that Vincent Tan has been the best thing to happen to this club.

Tan has put so much money in and if it was not for him the club may well be dead and buried. I think most fans who have not got an issue with him would agree.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:10 am

Time to move and time for Tan to move on and club get back to being together again :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:44 am

I think, if anything, this does show how much concern there would be if VT did leave.

I respect the opinion of those who want VT to to leave.

But, having witnessed first hand (through my photography), what is happening at other clubs - I would hate to get someone like the Venkys or that guy at Leeds.

I know the past few years havent been easy but, at the moment, we do appear to have a "feel good factor" at the club and I think it would be a shame to destroy that - especially when we are potentially aiming for Premiership football next season.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:46 am

I’m pretty sure I read an article like this a couple of months ago and it was dismissed.

I certainly hope it’s not true as for once we seem to have an owner who now wants to run us in the correct manner. Ok you can pick up on past mistakes but then who doesn’t make mistakes (isn’t that what everyone supporting Malky says?). Personally I’m more one to look forward and I am 100% behind how the club is being run at the moment. We are investing in players with a good manager while making sure the wage bill is bring reduced to a decent level and we have a plan in place to continuing to reduce the debt.

I would be massively concerned with a change of owner at the moment, every time a club gets taken over lately it seems to end badly, promise the world and deliver nothing. I certainly don’t want an owner coming in and splashing the cash that we can’t afford.

I find it harder to believe though especially as he has back Warnock this summer and could quite easily have sold Morrison & Zohore. Especially Morrison I don’t think many would have raised an eyebrow if he sold him and replaced him with someone cheaper but he hasn’t and backed Warnock.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:31 pm

no statement from the club?

Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:55 pm

OLD NEWS - NO NEED TO PANIC

POTENTIALLY WE ARE ALWAYS UP FOR SALE - NEVER FORGET IT :old:

CANT SEE IT HAPPENING UNTIL WE REACH THE PREMIER AGAIN THOUGH
30 MILLION IS PROBABLY THE RUNNING COST FOR THE CLUB ANNUALLY.......

WE AS FANS ARE GETTING BEHIND WARNOCKS BARMY ARMY - LETS FOCUS ON THIS AND LEAVE THE SHITE AND THE STIRRING BE FOR A SEASON.

BLUE ARMY
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Cardiff City issue strong reaction to fresh reports Vincent Tan is actively trying to sell the club for just £30m :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=186265

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:35 pm

there are a handful of idiots that still think we will be better off without Tan.

Look at whats happened this summer - get real if you think it will get better with a new owner. Absolute tosh.

HMRC haven't come knocking for a long time, we are blue, we have a football manager that has turned the corner and a handful of new signings. season ticket prices are reasonable and there is a good feel good factor about the club.

so no, for me, VT has to stay and anything else is a disaster

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:42 pm

All bullshit again! Dalman has come out & said as much. His quote is below.

Asked this morning about the fresh reports in the London media, Dalman responded: "It's the silly season. It's the time when stories get peddled around, but it is nonsense."

Tan asked WMG Advisors to prepare a brochure on every business asset he owns and to report back when there are interested parties. This includes investment in Cardiff City, as well as the other football clubs he has a stake in.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:05 pm

Google David Woods and his top results include his ITK prediction that Wenger was leaving in 2016. You must be scraping the bottom of the barrel if you write for the Daily Star. Bet their hits went up today for the first time in a while though. Same as the Sun, not fit to pick a dog turd up with.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:59 pm

The brochure could be ambiguous and as well as a possible sale it could also be designed to attract other investors or anyone willing to put in sponsorship (stadium naming rights springs to mind) in order to boost the clubs income for FFP reasons.

I also add my support to those who realise that VT has been an excellent owner all bar one awful mistake.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:38 pm

If we get to the Premier League the price would fly up, positive news, even if he is ready to sell he will want us to win promotion to maximise his investment!!!!!

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:39 pm

If we get to the Premier League the price would fly up, positive news, even if he is ready to sell he will want us to win promotion to maximise his investment!!!!!

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:43 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:The brochure could be ambiguous and as well as a possible sale it could also be designed to attract other investors or anyone willing to put in sponsorship (stadium naming rights springs to mind) in order to boost the clubs income for FFP reasons.

I also add my support to those who realise that VT has been an excellent owner all bar one awful mistake.

same here..the rebrand was not the best idea he has ever had..but that aside a very good owner.