" Neil Warnock Reflects on how Cardiff '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:50 am

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock relishes 'hectic' pre-season friendlies as tour of Cornwall and Devon rumbles on

" Neil Warnock Reflects on how Cardiff have done so far '

Thursday 20th July 2017

Neil Warnock believes the “hectic” pace of Cardiff City’s 3-1 victory over Bodmin Town benefited the Bluebirds as they continue their pre-season preparations.

Cardiff were made to work hard for their victory last night, as a Loic Damour brace and Kenneth Johore’s second half header secured the win in the end.

That was despite going in 1-1 at half-time – after Ben Watson’s penalty levelled for the Black and Ambers – with Bodmin’s work rate impressing Warnock.

NEIL WARNOCK:

“It was a super work out for us,” said the manager.

“Bodmin worked hard and made it hard for us. But we managed to get through without any problems and another game under the belt, fitness-wise.”

Warnock bemoaned the Bluebirds wastefulness in front of goal. They struck the upright twice in the second half in a matter of seconds, while Danny Ward was frustrated by the impressive Bodmin goalkeeper Dave Hayter.

Warnock added: “We didn’t take the chances (against Bodmin) like we did against Tavistock. Fair play to the goalkeeper, he’s made some great saves, I bet Wardy’s wondering what he’s go to do to score a goal!

“We had some good chances but it was just what we needed, it was hectic and I thought the lads were super from start to finish.”

Reflecting on the progress of Cardiff’s pre-season tour to Devon and Cornwall, Warnock added: “They’re nice people down here, they don’t often see Championship clubs so it’s good for the area.

"(On Thursday night), we’re going to St Austell and there’s a few senior players playing in that game, and at Bideford. So it’s been a good week for us so far and if we can come through unscathed it’ll be excellent.”
Attachments
CDF_170717_Tavistock_V_Cardiff03JPG.jpg
CDF_170717_Tavistock_V_Cardiff03JPG.jpg (23.3 KiB) Viewed 637 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat