Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" OUTRAGE IN MANCHESTER & BRADFORD "

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:30 am

Outrage in Bradford as far right groups vandalise Urdu road signs in Manningham area of Bradford, historically a no-go zone for non-Muslims.

http://www.thatsnonsense.com/urdu-stree ... -debunked/

OUTRAGE IN MANCHESTER & BRADFORD

Thursday 20th July

The council installed more than £100,000 worth of Urdu road signage along Oak Lane following a spate of incidents involving drivers who speak no English.

Demands were made of the council by local mosque elders and Bradford’s Grand Mufti, Mohammed Amin al Husseini, as they felt English only road signs were putting Urdu speakers at unnecessary risk.

“It was felt that it was the right time to address pedestrian safety and make sure that our health and safety provisions were fully compliant with EU legislation” said Graeme Pardy, Bradford council’s Head of Planning and Highways Safety following the decision to install the signs.

The pilot run of bi-lingual road signs has proven successful and a larger roll-out of signage across multi-cultural cities and towns across West Yorkshire and the North West has been approved and is expected to be implemented in early 2017 with Dewsbury and Bradford set to receive the majority of the £8 million pound EU grant funding.

The Highways Agency is known to be in the planning phase of a national roll out of multi-lingual signage with the first signs expected on the motorway network by 2020.

“Wales has had bi-lingual road signs for decades” said Inspector Keith Boots in a recent interview with the Bradford Herald, “given the amount of money we were spending on translation services following minor traffic incidents it made fiscal sense to translate the signs and avoid the accidents in the first place.

Fortunately there are large EU grants available for schemes such as this one. Our first duty is to the safety of the public.”

Several signs in the Ecckleshill area were defaced with graffiti on Thursday night in what is being treated by as a hate crime by Bradford police. “We take incidents of racism very seriously, we will be investigating this fully and will prosecute those responsible to the full extent of the law.”

A campaign objecting to the scheme has been established with a number of online petitions gathering pace.

The Grand Mufti was unavailable for comment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " OUTRAGE IN MANCHESTER & BRADFORD "

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:17 am

How can you vandalise signs that weren't even there to begin with?
https://www.indy100.com/article/the-tru ... W12vme1JXZ

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:37 am

It's fake

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:14 pm

How could someone pass their UK driving test without being able to speak English?

This is bollocks made up by far left and Muslims I think.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:30 pm

We've had that down here for years

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:07 pm

City Slicker wrote:We've had that down here for years

Had what?

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:01 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Had what?

fake news...

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:02 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Had what?

That's what I was wondering.
I've never seen any paki or Urdu road signs.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:08 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Had what?

Bilingual signs, surely you've seen them? A pain in the arse I know but they're quite common in many parts of the world.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:49 pm

murphy wrote:How could someone pass their UK driving test without being able to speak English?

Is that what you think?

The source of the fake story is The New Observer - described as 'an anti-refugee, conservative website that publishes mostly articles targeting refugees and anti-immigration rhetoric' by this site:

So try 'bollocks made up by far right and Islamophobes I think' and you might be closer to the truth!

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:55 pm

jon1959 wrote:
murphy wrote:How could someone pass their UK driving test without being able to speak English?

Is that what you think?

The source of the fake story is The New Observer - described as 'an anti-refugee, conservative website that publishes mostly articles targeting refugees and anti-immigration rhetoric' by this site:

So try 'bollocks made up by far right and Islamophobes I think' and you might be closer to the truth!

What about the bollocks stories of Muslim women going to police reporting their hijabs being pulled off by white guys?

When police trawl through cctv of they area they see nothing and then the Muslim admits to lying.

That has not happened just once but a few times.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:58 pm

City Slicker wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Had what?

Bilingual signs, surely you've seen them? A pain in the arse I know but they're quite common in many parts of the world.

We have Welsh and English bilingual signs but their not a pain in the arse.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:37 pm

I used to live in Bradford, and despite being the centre of the Asian ( mainly Pakistani) area, Manningham is not and has never been a 'no go area for non-Muslims' .

I hate it when people are taken in by this right wing racist bulls--t.

And what's it doing on a football forum anyway? , other than the fact that Bradford City's ground is basically in the Manningham area of Bradford.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:56 pm

City Slicker wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Had what?

Of course! I thought you meant foreign languages like the supposed OP.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:30 pm

City Slicker wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Had what?

Of course! I thought you meant foreign languages like the supposed OP.

I see what you mean. No I was talking about bilingual signs in general. Some countries, inter alia, Switzerland have trilingual signs and I understand some have quadlingual versions. Now they must take some working out when one is desperate to get from A to B quickly and safely.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:38 pm

Gog gobbledygook Is everywhere in Cardiff - most people think it just gets in the way.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:23 am

City Slicker wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Had what?

I'm not even going to answer that ridiculous comment

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:57 pm

nubbsy wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Had what?

I'm not even going to answer that ridiculous comment

Thank f**k for that

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Best bi-lingual sign ever was the welsh one where instead of a translation of the english it read somthing along the lines of 'i'm out of the office right now but will come back to you on my return'!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:28 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Best bi-lingual sign ever was the welsh one where instead of a translation of the english it read somthing along the lines of 'i'm out of the office right now but will come back to you on my return'!!

some people got carried away with it..
my personal fav is dan yr ogof {self explanitory if your welsh speaking }...someone probably for {comercial reasons } added caves..so along come the over zealous translators and unhappy that the word caves is in english..and although ogof actually means cave in welsh they still put up a new bi lingual sign... ogofau dan yr ogof..

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:54 am

:clap: :lol:

I can just hear that now - "I'm off for a trip with the kids down the caves underneath the caves" or actually it'd prob be better translated as "under the caves cave" even.

It really takes a special kind of stupid to be that dumb. How these people get through life let alone have a job where they csan actually influence things is honestly well beyond me!

A bit closer to home I always though GM Music was a dumb name for a shop given that GM stood for Gwent Music so the Shop was Gwent Music Music! :lol:

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:42 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote::clap: :lol:

I can just hear that now - "I'm off for a trip with the kids down the caves underneath the caves" or actually it'd prob be better translated as "under the caves cave" even.

It really takes a special kind of stupid to be that dumb. How these people get through life let alone have a job where they csan actually influence things is honestly well beyond me!

A bit closer to home I always though GM Music was a dumb name for a shop given that GM stood for Gwent Music so the Shop was Gwent Music Music! :lol:

ATM Machine is another one