Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City issue strong reaction/dismiss reports.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:28 am

Cardiff City issue strong reaction to fresh reports Vincent Tan is actively trying to sell the club for just £30m
Reports claim a 32-page document has been drawn up to try and sell Cardiff City

Cardiff City have dismissed fresh reports claiming owner Vincent Tan is ready to sell the club for £30m.

The Bluebirds are adamant Tan has no intention of getting rid of Wales' capital city club in the immediate future and is fully focused on having a real go at promotion to the Premier League in the upcoming 2017-18 season.

A report in the Daily Star reveals a 32-page brochure has been put together by London-based WMG Advisors - a company founded by Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman.

The story follows similar reports back in the spring stating that Tan was ready to sell the Bluebirds, which the Malaysian went public in denying at the time.

WalesOnline has been told the document, which has existed for nine months, is intended in the main to attract worldwide sponsorship and advertising. It is sent out in the form of a presentation to potential clients.

Tan has always stated he will consider cashing in on every one of his businesses at the right price. However, after his £130m-plus investment in the club, Tan is more likely to want a figure closer to £100m than £30m to dispose of his majority shareholding in the Bluebirds.

Asked this morning about the fresh reports in the London media, Dalman responded: "It's the silly season. It's the time when stories get peddled around, but it is nonsense."

Tan asked WMG Advisors to prepare a brochure on every business asset he owns and to report back when there are interested parties. This includes investment in Cardiff City, as well as the other football clubs he has a stake in.

The document says of the Bluebirds: "Opportunity exists to invest in English football market through acquisition of Cardiff City Football Club, a professional football team playing in the EFL Championship.

“The club was acquired by Vincent Tan in 2010, whose support enabled the club to develop and be promoted to the Premier League in 2013/14 – total investment in excess of £130m.”

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan and manager Neil Warnock
However, Cardiff sources maintain WMG Advisors have no mandate to sell Cardiff City. Their role is to report back to Tan if there are any interested parties in any of his businesses.

When reports first emerged in March about Tan being ready to sell Cardiff, the Malaysian responded by saying he was not actively looking to do so,

But he did point out: "If I am offered the right price, I will certainly consider.

“I have always publicly said that all my businesses are for sale at the right price. I do not fall in love with my businesses."

Since then, Tan has met up with manager Neil Warnock to try to plot a path back into the top flight for Cardiff.

That has included resisting big offers for top scorer Kenneth Zohore and skipper Sean Morrison, as well as freeing up the purse strings to let Warnock recruit several new faces this summer.

Warnock and Tan are confident of a top six finish this coming season and a genuine crack at promotion to the Premier League.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... n-13358408

Re: Cardiff City issue strong reaction/dismiss reports.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:08 pm

AGREE

STORM IN A TEA CUP

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Moral of the story - don't read the daily star.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:52 pm

£30m :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:14 pm

nubbsy wrote:Moral of the story - don't read the daily star.

or was it deliberately fed to the reporter to see if it might generate interest..

basically the the club reaction is..the football club is for sale if an interested party came along but not for peanuts..but are not in the process of advertising a sale ,although the article itself which revolves around a broshure produced by a Dalman company could be looked upon as an indirect advert.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:30 am

dogfound wrote:

or was it deliberately fed to the reporter to see if it might generate interest..

basically the the club reaction is..the football club is for sale if an interested party came along but not for peanuts..but are not in the process of advertising a sale ,although the article itself which revolves around a broshure produced by a Dalman company could be looked upon as an indirect advert.

The star just strumed up something from comments made months ago, we all knew our club was for sale at the right price as is all of VT's businesses. Absolutely nothing new here at all from the club they've kept the same stance.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:35 am

nubbsy wrote:
dogfound wrote:

The star just strumed up something from comments made months ago, we all knew our club was for sale at the right price as is all of VT's businesses. Absolutely nothing new here at all from the club they've kept the same stance.

nothing new...just been brought into the public domain...AGAIN..
im not selling my house either , but would if someone knocked my door with a decent offer..of course nobody knocks my door..but i bet an article in the local press would get me a knock or 2 even if the offers were derisory...
i just think this broshure story pops up to often to just be poor journalism..