Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OFF TOPIC " TalkTalk TV & Broadband? "

Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:36 pm

Has anyone on here got TalkTalk TV and/or Broadband?

I'm going to need to get an internet and TV provider soon, and they seem to be best value?

Website advertises Orr as £28.99 for standard broadband with their TV service, and includes all Sky Sports channels.

Sky and BT seem to be more expensive, but more for your money.

Any suggestions or feedback?

Re: OFF TOPIC " TalkTalk TV & Broadband? "

Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:07 pm

Yes I have talktalk - phone, fibre broadband, TV and mobile sim only contracts x3. Couldn't find any cheaper, but it hasn't been without problems. When I changed from broadband to fibre it took them 3 weeks to sort it out. They also had a security breach although this they say has now been sorted, however I still get scam calls to the landline !
I was always with BT, but they let me down when I moved so I changed to talktalk. Overall they are very good though, they also give you a youview box (pause/rewind/live TV & record) similar to the sky box. Plus they offer me deals on sky channel's which I opt in and out of (I.e. films at Xmas, sports in football season).
Hope this helps :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:25 pm

Marto wrote:Yes I have talktalk - phone, fibre broadband, TV and mobile sim only contracts x3. Couldn't find any cheaper, but it hasn't been without problems. When I changed from broadband to fibre it took them 3 weeks to sort it out. They also had a security breach although this they say has now been sorted, however I still get scam calls to the landline !
I was always with BT, but they let me down when I moved so I changed to talktalk. Overall they are very good though, they also give you a youview box (pause/rewind/live TV & record) similar to the sky box. Plus they offer me deals on sky channel's which I opt in and out of (I.e. films at Xmas, sports in football season).
Hope this helps :ayatollah:

Thanks, sounds like good value for money :thumbright:

The bad customer service probably explains why it's a bit cheaper than BT and Sky.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:03 pm

When I worked at the CAB Consumer Helpline Talk-Talk were the most complained about Broadband/TV provider by a country mile. Terrible customer service.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:08 pm

I was with Talk Talk for years.
Saw an offer with Virgin Media when my last contract was up and switched.
Can't wait to get back to them. (November)
For what it's worth, they are easier to get to the right department and get a problem solved than that of Virgin. :thumbup:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:26 pm

SBF1 wrote:I was with Talk Talk for years.
Saw an offer with Virgin Media when my last contract was up and switched.
Can't wait to get back to them. (November)
For what it's worth, they are easier to get to the right department and get a problem solved than that of Virgin. :thumbup:

Seems the most sensible option. As said above, looks like you can add and remove Sky Sports, Sky Movies and BT Sport month by month :thumbright:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:28 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:When I worked at the CAB Consumer Helpline Talk-Talk were the most complained about Broadband/TV provider by a country mile. Terrible customer service.

As I said, probably why their TV package for the Sky channels is a bit cheaper than Sky and BT.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:06 pm

Be careful when saying their sky package is cheaper than sky

This can't be the case as they are renting the channels off sky and no way would sky allow another provider to charge less, I assume it is a deal but find out how long the contract is compared to the length of the deal

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:08 am

Bellamys barmy army wrote:Be careful when saying their sky package is cheaper than sky

This can't be the case as they are renting the channels off sky and no way would sky allow another provider to charge less, I assume it is a deal but find out how long the contract is compared to the length of the deal

100% agree, and checked that before even considering it and it's all as I put it :thumbright:

They give you all the Sky Sports channels OR all the Sky Movies channels for an extra £8.50 a month. You don't get all the other Sky channels included, which explains why it's less than Sky.