Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Saadi to Strasbourg?

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:39 pm

Anyone head anything? Bits on Twitter tonight. Mentions in the French and Algerian press earlier today.

And now for the fun that is Google Translate....

The Algerian international Idriss Saadi, member of Cardiff (English Championship), is on the shelves of Strasbourg, reports the France football magazine Thursday.

The Algerian striker is in advanced contact with Strasbourg, promoted in French Ligue 1. Several possibilities were studied: a loan, like a dry transfer, believes know the same source. After a complicated season in Cardiff City, which he joined in the summer of 2015, Idriss Saadi (25 years) completely revived last season in Belgium.

Led to Kortrijk, the striker was one of the most prolific gunners of the Belgian Championship (14 achievements). Trained in Saint-Etienne, where he experienced the L1 between 2010 and 2013, the striker could return to Hexagon in the coming days.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=186287

Re: Saudi to Strasbourg?

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:02 pm

have expected something like this to happen...

Re: Saadi to Strasbourg?

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:43 am

Yes true apparently :old:

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:52 am

Just to play Devil's Advocate

£1.6M for no goals Ward and let go for free loads of goals Saadi

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:16 am

oxfordblue wrote:Just to play Devil's Advocate

In what context are you saying, no goals / loads of goals.

They've both not scored for Cardiff but only Saadi has played minutes. Only Ward has scored in the Championship.

I don't think there is currently a comparison to be made unless you can quantify the quality of the Belgian League.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:35 am

i was underwhelmed when we signed Ward..but if honest would be 10 times more underwhelmed had Saadi been a new signing. scored a few goals in weak leagues like fred..tony watt..etiene velikonja.
totally dont get the huge desire amongst fans to keep a player who 3 managers have not rated on the strength of seeing touch the ball 3/4 times and running faster than 1 defender..
anyway keep...a 1.6 mill player who does score some goals { and is not an out and out striker } that has played over 150 championship games who our manager rates...
let go..an out and out striker that hasnt managed to convince 3 managers to give him 150 minutes combined and has no championship goals...
if NW dont want him off he goes just like the much much better players that have left before him this window.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:47 am

All very interesting . I suppose my view is that there will be a lot of pressure on Zohore next season, he will be on everyone's radar and very tightly marked. Although I think he is good enough will do well.Since we will probably not see Healey till the new year and Fred will soon be off, its unlikely we will sign another striker I think it is wise to keep Saadi till the year year and give him a chance.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:04 am

oxfordblue wrote:All very interesting . I suppose my view is that there will be a lot of pressure on Zohore next season, he will be on everyone's radar and very tightly marked. Although I think he is good enough will do well.Since we will probably not see Healey till the new year and Fred will soon be off, its unlikely we will sign another striker I think it is wise to keep Saadi till the year year and give him a chance.

I fully expect another striker to be signed before the season starts...possibly a Premier League fringe player on loan

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:06 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
oxfordblue wrote:All very interesting . I suppose my view is that there will be a lot of pressure on Zohore next season, he will be on everyone's radar and very tightly marked. Although I think he is good enough will do well.Since we will probably not see Healey till the new year and Fred will soon be off, its unlikely we will sign another striker I think it is wise to keep Saadi till the year year and give him a chance.

I fully expect another striker to be signed before the season starts...possibly a Premier League fringe player on loan

that would change things we certainly need one

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:22 am

and here we go again...why Saadi..?.nothing against him but why not some kid from the accademy..a loanee.use his wages on another player....anyone.
youd swear he has done something wonderfull here..he hasnt..honest.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:37 am

Wayne S wrote:Anyone head anything? Bits on Twitter tonight. Mentions in the French and Algerian press earlier today.

The Algerian international Idriss Saadi, member of Cardiff (English Championship), is on the shelves of Strasbourg, reports the France football magazine Thursday.

The Algerian striker is in advanced contact with Strasbourg, promoted in French Ligue 1. Several possibilities were studied: a loan, like a dry transfer, believes know the same source. After a complicated season in Cardiff City, which he joined in the summer of 2015, Idriss Saadi (25 years) completely revived last season in Belgium.

Led to Kortrijk, the striker was one of the most prolific gunners of the Belgian Championship (14 achievements). Trained in Saint-Etienne, where he experienced the L1 between 2010 and 2013, the striker could return to Hexagon in the coming days.

I don't think Warnock wants him here anyway,I think he has put all his eggs in one Danny Ward basket for sharing the responsibility with Zahore for scoring goals,even though when Warnock was managing Rotherham witnessed first hand that Ward was not a prolific goalscorer

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:47 am

Whatever happens with Saadi, I trust Neil Warnocks judgement :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:10 am

I'll be dissapointed if he goes but warnock knows what he's doing. I was expecting this to happen anyway!

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:24 am

I'm suprised hes still here the goals he scored last season :bluescarf:

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:29 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Anyone head anything? Bits on Twitter tonight. Mentions in the French and Algerian press earlier today.

I don't think Warnock wants him here anyway,I think he has put all his eggs in one Danny Ward basket for sharing the responsibility with Zahore for scoring goals,even though when Warnock was managing Rotherham witnessed first hand that Ward was not a prolific goalscorer

You could argue that Lee Tomlin is also in that basket?

Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Wayne S wrote:

They've both not scored for Cardiff but only Saadi has played minutes. Only Ward has scored in the Championship.

I don't think there is currently a comparison to be made unless you can quantify the quality of the Belgian League.

Think you should . Know saadi scored two against tavistock in the 45 minutes, he . Played and . I expect him to play tonight at plymouth

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:00 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Think you should . Know saadi scored two against tavistock in the 45 minutes, he . Played and . I expect him to play tonight at plymouth

Tavistock wore football kits and there were eleven of them, any football comparison between the 2 clubs ends there.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:23 pm

dogfound wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Tavistock wore football kits and there were eleven of them, any football comparison between the 2 clubs ends there.

so far on this pre season its Ward 0 Saadi 2 and in a lot less playing time. Any way we can keep Saadi for another month then decide whether to keep him

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:55 pm

dogfound wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Why are you such a dick head all the time
I was merely pointing out that Saadi has scored two goals since he came back in 45 minutes
Ward has played as much time wise as Saadi but he hasn't scored yet
If you have nothing sensible to contribute to a thread why don't you just do one

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:24 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

I was merely pointing out that Saadi has scored two goals since he came back in 45 minutes
If you have nothing sensible to contribute to a thread why don't you just do one

If you can't handle someone else's opinion maybe you should f**k off. He's just saying that you can't get much of a marker off a team like that. Ward had played most of the time out wide and come very close a few times. No one's saying saadi isn't good enough, just yet his true talent is yet to be proven at this level.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:42 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

dick head..?..
i could have been 10 times harsher on your rediculous post and still be short of what a stupid post it was..
2 goals against Tavistock..??????????..do you know what the pyramid system is..? where Tavistock are in the pyramid..? what friendlies are..? how football works..?..jesus.
i remember Gavin Gordon scorring 5 against rushden and diamonds in a cup game where a we had a weakened team......do you think he started in the league the ffollowing Saturday..no he didnt...it meant zero in the grand scheme of things..and we were no championship and rand d were about 10 levels higher than bloody tavistock..
youll be making comparisons on goals scored in 5 a sides next... ffs..?

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:55 pm

dogfound wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
dogfound wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

dick head..?..
i could have been 10 times harsher on your rediculous post and still be short of what a stupid post it was..
2 goals against Tavistock..??????????..do you know what the pyramid system is..? where Tavistock are in the pyramid..? what friendlies are..? how football works..?..jesus.
i remember Gavin Gordon scorring 5 against rushden and diamonds in a cup game where a we had a weakened team......do you think he started in the league the ffollowing Saturday..no he didnt...it meant zero in the grand scheme of things..and we were no championship and rand d were about 10 levels higher than bloody tavistock..
youll be making comparisons on goals scored in 5 a sides next... ffs..?

Just proving how right I was dick head
I was comparing Saadi to ward
Tavistock finished above Bodmin
Saadi had 45 minutes against Tavistock and scored two
Ward come on and didn't score
Ward had game time at Bodmin ( a team who finished behind Tavistock )and didn't score
That's facts not opinions
Ok nubbsy and his new dogfound friend

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:18 pm

A French Ligue 1 team have just given Saadi a 4 year deal he they must have seen something

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:05 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

It's a moot point now but I was fully aware that Saadi scored at Tavistock, I watched him do it live. However from the fact that I spoke of Ward scoring Championship goals I assumed that everyone knew that I was talking about competitive goals.

I liken Strasbourg as similar to a club just moving up from League 1 to the Championship so with that in mind he has gone to a lesser team and therefore tells me what Warnock makes of him.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:31 pm

oxfordblue wrote:A French Ligue 1 team have just given Saadi a 4 year deal he they must have seen something

Common sense post!

The only good thing about the sale is that maybe NW can reinvest - he's already been quoted by a forum
Member on here that he was fitting in quite well so all the theory's of it being above NW are so unfounded - so much chat and next to no evidence other than there source?! Righto there's only one bloke I'll solely take any rumour from on here the rest are just keyboard warriors.

Anyway lol I'd love to see Warnock be allowed to bring in a rough diamond 20-24 with bags of potential unless he feel Meite can fill the hole??

Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:59 am

NW mentioned he was still short of perhaps 1 player.
This surely has to be the traditional centre forward.
We have no cover for Ken and Fred is shite.
May have been freeing up some money for a loan?

Or was it use the monies to keep Morrison?

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:01 am

Wayne S wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

It's a moot point now but I was fully aware that Saadi scored at Tavistock, I watched him do it live. However from the fact that I spoke of Ward scoring Championship goals I assumed that everyone knew that I was talking about competitive goals.

I liken Strasbourg as similar to a club just moving up from League 1 to the Championship so with that in mind he has gone to a lesser team and therefore tells me what Warnock makes of him.

No goals ward. Hahaha.

I'd be more than happy if he stuck 10 in this season. Or 1 in 4. As he did at a much weaker Championship side last year. Have faith.

To add them to big Ken's goals and a few more from Tomlin. Plus our usual defender's corner goals.