Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"I will be staying"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:20 am

Cardiff City star Kenneth Zohore quashes transfer speculation as he insists 'I will be staying'

Chris Wathan

Friday 21st July 2017

Kenneth Zohore wants to stay at Cardiff City after being excited about the quality of the club’s summer signings and Neil Warnock’s promotion aspirations.

The 23-year-old striker has been the subject of interest from Hull City but insists he’s happy with the Bluebirds after coming of age under Warnock last season.

Zohore hit 12 goals for the Bluebirds despite only coming into the side in December.

And he wants to better those numbers in the 2017/18 season, with promotion a realistic ambitions for Warnock’s troops.

“There has apparently been interest in me from a couple of clubs, but I am happy with Cardiff City,” Zohore told Dai Sport. “I want to stay. I will be staying.”

Nathaniel Mandez-Laing (right) celebrates his goal with Kenneth Zohore (Image: Huw Evans Picture Agency)
It will come as music to the ears of Bluebirds fans, who see Zohore as integral to their promotion push.

The big Dane has hit three goals in two pre-season games against AFC Tavistock and Bodmin Town – in which he played 45 minutes in each – and simply wants to keep finding the net.

“I’m happy with how things are going,” he added. “I’m happy when I score whether it’s in a friendly or the Championship.

“My target is to score a lot more in the coming season

“We are giving it a real go for promotion this season and I want to be part of that.

“It’s good to have options in attack with new signings Danny Ward and Lee Tomlin,” he said when asked about Warnock’s summer acquisitions.

“They are quality players and I’m hoping they will feed me and help me score more goals.”

Zohore credits Warnock with his rapid development last season.

And after Warnock warned the frontman he needs another 12 months under the experienced boss “and then the world is his oyster”, Zohore confirmed Cardiff City Stadium is the best place for him to be.

A smooth pre-season campaign is vital, he says, to aiding that development so Zohore can score 20 goals or more and fire the Bluebirds to the brink of promotion.

“My game has developed a lot,” he added. “It’s all about confidence and the gaffer has given me that. I play off confidence.

“A year ago I didn’t have a good pre-season and didn’t really play for six months. This time I’m working hard preparing for the challenge ahead and feeling good.”

“He is only going to get better. He’s the find of my time at the club,” said Warnock about his star striker.

“He’s learning all the time. I don’t even think Ken thought he could work as hard as he has. He’s showing his commitment to the team and the lads appreciate it.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: "I will be staying"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:05 am

Interesting that he doesn't mention Saadi as a strike partner!

Re: "I will be staying"

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:16 am

Bridgwater Blue wrote:Interesting that he doesn't mention Saadi as a strike partner!

He only really talks about attacking options and NEW acquisitians as he was asked about signings.

But with Saadi not in the Bodmin game squad and the rumours of a move to Strasbourg, what you are alluding to could be right.