" Kevin McNaughton was caught up in "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:00 pm

Cardiff City legend Kevin McNaughton describes terrifying moment he had to 'grab kids and run' to flee Greece-Turkey earthquake

Friday 21st July 2017

The former Bluebird has confirmed he and his family are safe on his official Twitter account and described the frightening moment he fled the scene

Kevin McNaughton was caught up in the earthquake

Cardiff City legend Kevin McNaughton is among those to have been caught up in the earthquake that has hit the Turkish coast and the Greek islands.

The 6.7-magnitude earthquake struck in the Aegean Sea on Thursday night, with the small Greek island of Kos bearing the brunt of the impact.

Police have confirmed that two tourists - one Swedish and one Turkish - have been killed on Kos while more than 120 are believed to have been injured.

And another 70 people are thought to have been injured in the Turkish resort of Bodrum.

The quake triggered a small tsunami which has caused flooding in some parts of Bodrum and Kos and several people have been taken to hospital with injuries.

Bluebirds icon McNaughton was among those in the area at the time the quake struck, and the Scot took to social media to describe his shock at the events that unfolded around him.

Kevin McNaughton celebrates with the fans after Cardiff City's promotion into the Premier League in 2013
In a post on his official Twitter account, McNaughton wrote: "Jesus just experienced earthquake in Turkey, literally c****** myself room shaking all over place, just stood outside now no sure what to do (sic)."

McNaughton - who remains without a club having left Inverness Caledonian Thistle earlier this summer - posted another message to say he was staying in Dalaman, a resort further up the east coast of south Turkey.

He also described how he had to "grab his kids (Archie and Finlay) and do a runner".

Contact numbers for emergency services across the globe are available here.
Attachments
IMG_2180.JPG
IMG_2180.JPG (97.81 KiB) Viewed 3266 times
IMG_2181.JPG
IMG_2181.JPG (83.08 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Kevin McNaughton was caught up in "

Postby avondaleblue » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:11 pm

It'll take more than a poxy earthquake to get Super Kev! Glad he is safe :ayatollah:
avondaleblue

Postby nubbsy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:35 pm

They don't call him super kev for nothing
nubbsy

Postby brettski » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:46 pm

Hope y :bluescarf: ou are OK mate!!
brettski

Postby Blue_Barber » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:37 pm

Was a pre job offer test I hope