' Breaking Idriss Saddi '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Breaking Idriss Saddi '

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:28 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Just for the people asking, it was well documented Slade had tracked Saadi a lot during his first season over here and managed to get his man in summer 2015 last day of the window near enough and had a clause of 2 million in his contract when he signed for us and that was triggered by RCSA who have a little bit to spend after their promotion and there is add ons that could potentially take the deal to the 2.5 mark. The add ons is rumoured but the release clause is fact, Slade mentioned this after he signed for us.. Slade had high hopes and thought he was gonna be such a hit that a release clause was put in.

Where was this 2 million release clause well documented? This is the first I've heard about this and as others have said, there is nothing online stating Saadi had a 2 million release clause?

Even if there is a release clause...doesn't mean they actually triggered it...if the club wanted rid of him they could have given him a free transfer
oohahhPaulMillar

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Blue_Barber » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:32 pm

Just thought - If Saadi was sold for 2-2.5 million, he's got £6million reportedly to spend - so potentially that's £8.5million plus whatever we got for Hughes, in the pit - are you sure we've signed £6 million min on players?

Free - Camp, Etheridge, Mendez-Laing, Damour, Paterson - guesstimated wages £5k way per week = £1.5million.
£1.6-2million Ward guesstimate wage £7k = £364k
£2.5-3million Tomlin guesstimate wage £10k = £520k

£7.5million outlay? Yeh I guess I proved myself wrong lik
Blue_Barber

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:40 pm

Well this is a bit of a strange one!!

Like most I thought he would have been given a chance this to me leaves us short up front so another striker is a must!

If not I think it will be NW first big mistake, an injury to KZ and we are struggling, Ward is an unknown, Tamlin disappears, Healey still injured, Laing untried at this level and the others don't hit the net enough.

I trust NW but if we don't sign another striker then
It's not top 6 for me.
Pulisnewport

Postby eddiep » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:42 pm

I agree

I think Saadi is better than ward and a par with tomlin
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby brettski » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:45 pm

Nice lad. Football can be harsh, Good luck. make a name for yourself kid, CCFC :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
brettski

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:53 pm

eddiep wrote:I agree

I think Saadi is better than ward and a par with tomlin

Not sure how you come to that conclusion after Saadi only playing about 30 minutes of Championship football
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Wayne S » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:56 pm

Can't believe the negativity concerning this sale.

It seems unanimous that Warnock is making all the right moves and I have lost count of the time people have said "in Warnock we trust".

Now we sell a player that has hardly set foot on the field and therefore are not missing. The all of a sudden its a poor decision by the club.

Don't you think we would have kept him if he was up to scratch? Zahore and Morrison were definitely in demand and the club said no to large fees.

There was less shit when Whittingham left and we are aware what he can do at times.

I look forward to having his every goal pointed out to us on the message board but I for one say that you cannot miss what you never really had or saw play with any sort of promise.
Wayne S

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:04 pm

wez1927 wrote:Maybe clearing the way for another striker ?

Hope So :thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby valleyrambill » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:46 pm

I find it amazing and very amusing people saying Saddi is better than ward and he would have been good please tell me on what grounds you made that statement.

Ward has proved he can score goals in the championship saddi has scored in some Belgium league 2 and a friendly for us against a team in cornwall and he is this fab striker????

Warnock has to be happy with this deal otherwise it wouldn't happen and he is an expert so I will listen to what he says
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby GotMeSingingTheBlues » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Listening to Warnocks interview after tonight's game it sounds like it's a good move for all concerned. He said Strasbourg offered him a good deal on a 5 year contract and that his family are living in France so it makes sense that he'd like to move there. He also said he thought he was fitting in quite well with us during pre season but we've received a decent fee for him. Other clubs made bids but didn't match what we were after. Warnock didn't sound too disappointed he seems very content having Zahore and Ward as our front men, I'd be surprised if we signed another striker. The only position I think he might make an effort to bolster is central midfield, he spoke about losing whitts so we might possibly bring in another ball playing midfielder.
GotMeSingingTheBlues

Postby Blue_Barber » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:35 pm

Conspiracy theories everywhere - Strasbourg have signed a player they believe can turn up in L1 after an impressive season in Belgium - regardless of Level I'd say the French are geographically better placed to judge players and the league than we masters of the game in U.K. - we seem to have a decent sum for him - now let's reinvest - I think he'll be top for Strasbourg and I wish him all the luck
Blue_Barber

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:41 am

It does seem strange as I can't see that he would be costing us if wages big wages to keep but there must be a reason for it other than us trying to balance the books? I had hoped that we could have sold Noone, Pilks and Freddie - that would free up some money for us to buy or have another striker onloan - which I believe we really need. If Zohore gets injured (please dont - think I'll die!) on the first couple of matches of the new season who have we got to rely on to score a good number of goals? Ok we will have healey back at some point but what wud be great right now is to have a striker on loan until Jan? Having said all this if we haven't got the money that we simply can't. Just does my head in that we are left with these players taking money off us and not playing well for 2-3 seasons. They have got potential but is it time for them to do the right thing and go?
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby Dicey » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:08 am

I think a lot of the frustration is that most cardiff fans see the importance of Zohore and question whether we have the cover in this position.
We have to keep our faith in Neil but for me we are lacking strength in this area.
Dicey

Postby nubbsy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:32 am

Blue_Barber wrote:Just thought - If Saadi was sold for 2-2.5 million, he's got £6million reportedly to spend - so potentially that's £8.5million plus whatever we got for Hughes, in the pit - are you sure we've signed £6 million min on players?

Free - Camp, Etheridge, Mendez-Laing, Damour, Paterson - guesstimated wages £5k way per week = £1.5million.
£1.6-2million Ward guesstimate wage £7k = £364k
£2.5-3million Tomlin guesstimate wage £10k = £520k

£7.5million outlay? Yeh I guess I proved myself wrong lik

From my knowledge 6m was never officially said, that was just a figure brought up on this forum.
nubbsy

Postby norms76 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:39 am

Forever Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:Annis do you know what fee we got if we did get one ? And what kind of wage we are saving

Steve, I think you will find No one will ever find the real truth on this one and City won't have gained much at all.

Very very weird the whole situation, out of Warnocks hands really and never was.

Warnock has said they knocked back a few bids for Saadi and Strasberg met the valuation that Cardiff were happy with, he said they had very good money for him. I can't see Warnock standing there saying all of that if it was out of his hands.

I'm gutted to see him go but hey ho, we move on and hopefully Warnock has something else in mind.
norms76

Postby Jules » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Seems to me as if this is a personal matter as his family still live in France, good luck lad and hope things work out for you.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby DandoCCFC » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:32 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Just for the people asking, it was well documented Slade had tracked Saadi a lot during his first season over here and managed to get his man in summer 2015 last day of the window near enough and had a clause of 2 million in his contract when he signed for us and that was triggered by RCSA who have a little bit to spend after their promotion and there is add ons that could potentially take the deal to the 2.5 mark. The add ons is rumoured but the release clause is fact, Slade mentioned this after he signed for us.. Slade had high hopes and thought he was gonna be such a hit that a release clause was put in.

Where was this 2 million release clause well documented? This is the first I've heard about this and as others have said, there is nothing online stating Saadi had a 2 million release clause?

When he was first signed, the press conference the week he signed it was brought up. Let's be fair release clauses involving our players ain't gonna be mentioned anywhere online as it's not major news for the football world.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Previous

Return to General Chat