Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Breaking Idriss Saddi '

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:25 pm

I got a feeling we may regret this one. I also think there's something else going on behind the scenes here.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Can't see why everyone is surprised,Warnock confirmed he weren't in his plans when he visited caerphilly social a few months back

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:38 pm

oxfordblue wrote:
Tomshort1927 wrote:Don't get this move at all, we are quite thin up top as it is and if we get a few injuries we are not gonna have much back up. He can't be on great wages and he definitely knows where the net is

poor decision apart from Zohore where are the goals going to come from

Tomlin,Ward,Mendez-Laing all got goals in them

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:43 pm

I have been told by someone close to the club that this is not just a football decision.

The club and Saadi were always going to part company before the start of the season

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:45 pm

I'm gutted to be honest - BUT I hope what ever fee we got will be reinvested in a new hitman to bolster our attack I still feel we are lacking another front man if as expected Tomlin is to play behind the forwards

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:45 pm

Can't believe reaction to this decision! Another striker coming in I am sure will now happen he has left! Sam Gallagher maybe....

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:49 pm

Terrible decision by the club. I really thought him and zohore were going to light up the championship.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:51 pm

Gutted about this. Thought he would of been given until end of the transfer window. But as others have said, maybe he's not happy over here.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:53 pm

2.5 million for someone who was injury prone and scored a few goals on a loan spell, can't really judge him not like we can say he could have done this for us and not like people were streaming Belgian league football.

Gutted because he didn't really have much game time here but we profited 1.7 million on him if he only cost us 800,000 weren't it? Good business and I trust Warnock's judgement.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:53 pm

I have been told by a couple of people off the coaching staff there has always been a question mark over him reaching championship fitness.

Regardless I trust Warnocks decision, fingers crossed he has something up his sleeve.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:58 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:2.5 million for someone who was injury prone and scored a few goals on a loan spell, can't really judge him not like we can say he could have done this for us and not like people were streaming Belgian league football.

Gutted because he didn't really have much game time here but we profited 1.7 million on him if he only cost us 800,000 weren't it? Good business and I trust Warnock's judgement.

2.5 million??
Where did you hear that? Seems extortionate to me.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:02 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:2.5 million for someone who was injury prone and scored a few goals on a loan spell, can't really judge him not like we can say he could have done this for us and not like people were streaming Belgian league football.

Mate, where did u get fee from, i searched everywhere no such fee?

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:03 pm

nubbsy wrote:I got a feeling we may regret this one. I also think there's something else going on behind the scenes here.

Jack, you're right on both accounts there! :thumbup:

I stated before that this has nothing to do with Saadi's footballing talents and was always likely to happen. The simplicity is that he was heading out at some point well before Neil Warnock took over and whether he (Warnock) had a real look at him or (as previously posted) simply accepted the situation will remain open to debate

We will now never know how he might have got on in the Championship but my suspicions are that he would have scored goals for us. Would he have contributed to the team in other ways? Again, that will be a subject for debate

It's certainly a shame but I'm sure Neil Warnock has his game plan in place as we ready for the season ahead :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:03 pm

Would think he was demanding guarntees over 1st team, NW wont do that so best to move him on for a few. NE will have a replacement lined up

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:11 pm

Are we saying this is a transfer committee decision to sell him and not a joint decision with Neil Warnock because that's what people seem to be implying ?

If so, I can't imagine Warnock would have let this happen as we all know he is his own man and won't accept it. Not once have I seen Warnock come out and give any sort of indication he is in plans so move on and bring in someone he wants.

Personally I would like to have seen him given a chance :thumbup:

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:18 pm

From a supporters perspective, I think this is a poor piece of business and was really looking forward to watching him develop his game over the next 12 months. Having said that, the finances need to be balanced and if clubs aren't making offers for players deemed surplus to requirement then fringe players have to be sold. My worry is that we are short of fire power at the moment, but in Warnock we trust! :bluescarf:

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:26 pm

£2.5million where did that come from???

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Not a surprise Warnock has said as much since day one. Warnock ha also said he wants another striker but needs to move on other pĺayers.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Not a surprise Warnock has said as much since day one. Warnock ha also said he wants another striker but needs to move on other pĺayers.

Luke, it was said that Neil Warnock simply accepted the situation; hence why Saadi was hardly mentioned in the 'out on loan' player updates that followed his arrival. We all remember how he praised Kennedy and others... :thumbup:

The fee is pure speculation at the moment but reports say one has been paid by Strasbourg :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Just for the people asking, it was well documented Slade had tracked Saadi a lot during his first season over here and managed to get his man in summer 2015 last day of the window near enough and had a clause of 2 million in his contract when he signed for us and that was triggered by RCSA who have a little bit to spend after their promotion and there is add ons that could potentially take the deal to the 2.5 mark. The add ons is rumoured but the release clause is fact, Slade mentioned this after he signed for us.. Slade had high hopes and thought he was gonna be such a hit that a release clause was put in.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:20 pm

Sven wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Not a surprise Warnock has said as much since day one. Warnock ha also said he wants another striker but needs to move on other pĺayers.

Luke, it was said that Neil Warnock simply accepted the situation; hence why Saadi was hardly mentioned in the 'out on loan' player updates that followed his arrival. We all remember how he praised Kennedy and others... :thumbup:

The fee is pure speculation at the moment but reports say one has been paid by Strasbourg :ayatollah:

So what your saying Warnock just accepted it and did nothing to fight for the player - he bent over backwards to keep Manga, won't accept a bid for Morrison or zahore but potentially let's a striker walk out the door - don't buy it, if he had wanted him I would think he would have busted a gut to keep surely not ?

Or is there something I missing

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:23 pm

If supporters are gonna still try and continually make a fuss out of a player leaving by making it around the board it's nothing short of embarrassing.. We got a decent fee for someone who was injury prone while being with us and isn't part of the managers plans as he didn't sign him? He never promised anything with Saadi he even said he's just gonna give him a run out Pre Season never said anything about him brig part of the club during the season.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:36 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Just for the people asking, it was well documented Slade had tracked Saadi a lot during his first season over here and managed to get his man in summer 2015 last day of the window near enough and had a clause of 2 million in his contract when he signed for us and that was triggered by RCSA who have a little bit to spend after their promotion and there is add ons that could potentially take the deal to the 2.5 mark. The add ons is rumoured but the release clause is fact, Slade mentioned this after he signed for us.. Slade had high hopes and thought he was gonna be such a hit that a release clause was put in.

Interesting information but the obvious question is how do you know RCSA triggered the buy out clause rather than us and them coming to a compromise agreement which didn't involve a £2m (possibly rising to £2.5m) fee?

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:40 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:If supporters are gonna still try and continually make a fuss out of a player leaving by making it around the board it's nothing short of embarrassing.. We got a decent fee for someone who was injury prone while being with us and isn't part of the managers plans as he didn't sign him? He never promised anything with Saadi he even said he's just gonna give him a run out Pre Season never said anything about him brig part of the club during the season.

Totally agree NW is the manager and if he thought moving the player on was advantageous then he had every right to do so.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:44 pm

Double G wrote:gutted about this. poor decision from club unless we got a good deal.
lets hope its a few million with a big sell on clause.
looks like we need another striker now

Good deal no doubt, Warnock won't take £8 Million for Zohore, if he's let him go it's because he's not what we need and Warnock will get a committed better option up front.

Fantastic news another player out that wasn't good enough, gives us money for someone who is, a few more to follow and we will be right up for the coming season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by Bluebina on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:44 pm

Sam_Bluebird89 wrote:
oxfordblue wrote:
Tomshort1927 wrote:Don't get this move at all, we are quite thin up top as it is and if we get a few injuries we are not gonna have much back up. He can't be on great wages and he definitely knows where the net is

poor decision apart from Zohore where are the goals going to come from

Tomlin,Ward,Mendez-Laing all got goals in them

Also Harris, Morrison, Manga, Gunnar, Damour and even Bennett have scored goals in the NW era.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Saadi was wanted by Strasbourg. They were offering him first team football. If I was Saadi I would have asked NW whether I was going to be a regular first teamer. I am assuming the answer would have been a no. Squad member yes but regular - it might not have been.

NW is a gentleman. He is not going to stand in the way of someone playing first team football.

That's how I see it.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:12 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Just for the people asking, it was well documented Slade had tracked Saadi a lot during his first season over here and managed to get his man in summer 2015 last day of the window near enough and had a clause of 2 million in his contract when he signed for us and that was triggered by RCSA who have a little bit to spend after their promotion and there is add ons that could potentially take the deal to the 2.5 mark. The add ons is rumoured but the release clause is fact, Slade mentioned this after he signed for us.. Slade had high hopes and thought he was gonna be such a hit that a release clause was put in.

Brilliant £2.5 Million for a Slade signing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: class business no doubt .....

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:17 pm

Total joke. Cant believe im reading this. Think he could of brought a few goals and also think he be worth alot mkre end of next season if given chance

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:23 pm

Where was this 2 million release clause well documented? This is the first I've heard about this and as others have said, there is nothing online stating Saadi had a 2 million release clause?