Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

2 Players Away From Genuine Promotion Contenders

Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:53 am

Think Warnock has excelled in the transfer window without spending a fortune

However, personally I think we are still 2 players away from being genuine contenders

Defensively we are as good as anything in the division with cover in all positions (slightly concerned with the defensive side of Bennetts game..but he makes up for it going forward

Still think we need another midfielder to unlock defences..Tomlin is an excellent player at this level but he has got A chequered past..and it's a fair bet that somewhere during the season he will have a bad patch or get himself sent off and suspended

Up front Zahore has been a revalation...but it's two much of a burden to expect one player to lead the line for 46 games especially someone as inexperienced as Zahore...so I think we definitely need another been there and done it proven championship striker...(don't think a Premier League youngster on loan is the answer)

These 2 players won't come cheap so will Tan be prepared to fund them??

What do you think??

Re: 2 Players Away From Genuine Promotion Contenders

Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:32 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Think Warnock has excelled in the transfer window without spending a fortune

However, personally I think we are still 2 players away from being genuine contenders

Defensively we are as good as anything in the division with cover in all positions (slightly concerned with the defensive side of Bennetts game..but he makes up for it going forward

Still think we need another midfielder to unlock defences..Tomlin is an excellent player at this level but he has got A chequered past..and it's a fair bet that somewhere during the season he will have a bad patch or get himself sent off and suspended

Up front Zahore has been a revalation...but it's two much of a burden to expect one player to lead the line for 46 games especially someone as inexperienced as Zahore...so I think we definitely need another been there and done it proven championship striker...(don't think a Premier League youngster on loan is the answer)

These 2 players won't come cheap so will Tan be prepared to fund them??

What do you think??

I agree sounds like we've got a few million extra, we also need to get shot of Noone Plks John aswell !!!

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:13 pm

When noone leaves I expect a new signing

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:52 pm

Totally agree, we still need that leader horrible b*stard in the middle, I watched last nights game at Plymouth, yes only a friendly and lots of changes but the same old short comings we have been banging on about for the last 2/3 season we need more quality in midfield.
Up front definitely need another goal scorer, Ken is still learning and only half a good season under his belt, Ward and Tomlin as good a signing that they both are for Me niether of them fall into the bracket of prolific goal scorer.

Gallagher who has just signed a new 4 year contract I would guess is due to go out on loan or Emnes from the Jacks, whoever we are going to need a bit more up top.