Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wolves away

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:13 pm

Does anyone know if there are plenty of away tickets to wolves left? I have to wait until Wednesday/Thursday before I know if it's just me going or a few of us going? :bluebird:

Re: Wolves away

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:12 pm

On sale Monday I think! 3k allocation you will be fine mate

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:40 pm

As far as I can tell theres loads left. Just booked mine, first ever City away game for me, buzzing for it :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:44 pm

2,500 initially which should all be sold and then an extra 500 if we ask for them :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:48 pm

TrueBlue99 wrote:As far as I can tell theres loads left. Just booked mine, first ever City away game for me, buzzing for it :ayatollah: :bluebird:

You will love it.
A load of City fans there and a decent ground, so it will be a cracking early-season atmosphere.
The other great feature at Wolves for away fans is that we are in the lower tier along the side of the ground rather than being stuck in a corner, or end, like a lot of away trips.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:16 am

Also, the treatment of City fans there has improved immensely in the last few seasons.
We were even given a pub about 10 mins walk from the ground last year and a bizzare type of 'guard of honour 'from police directing us there .

Beer also sold in the ground.

Can't make it myself, but expect it to be popular

Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:42 am

Is it still £15?? I'm really tempted always wanted to go to Moleniuex

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:23 am

Blue_Barber wrote:Is it still £15?? I'm really tempted always wanted to go to Moleniuex

I don't know how much it is but I'd be very surprised if it's only £15.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:25 am

Blue_Barber wrote:Is it still £15?? I'm really tempted always wanted to go to Moleniuex

Think it's £25 for adults? £15 kids - I think? I'm really hoping to go to this but can't get a ticket until this Thursday/Friday! Hope there are some left :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:32 am

Speaking of Wolves, they seem to have spent some money - where have they suddenly got it from?

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:38 am

One thing, whether you agree or not, Wolves will force you to sit in your allocated seat. Had an issue a few years back, when there was plenty of space, and stewards made me sit right in the corner, rather than sit in an empty seat with a far better view.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:52 am

Barclay1 wrote:One thing, whether you agree or not, Wolves will force you to sit in your allocated seat. Had an issue a few years back, when there was plenty of space, and stewards made me sit right in the corner, rather than sit in an empty seat with a far better view.

Yes indeed they always do that.

I never understand why clubs do that? Do we insist that away fans sit in their allocated seat when they come to CCS? I just don't know.

Many clubs let you sit anywhere in the away end and I've never seen there be a problem, except for the odd bloke who comes along and says "You're in my seat" when there are hundreds of empty seats in the away end.

And even at Wolves, as soon as the five to three rush starts they abandon their policy of trying to make you sit in your allocated seat and just try to cram everyone in wherever there's space.

Also you do get the occasional wanker in the hospitality boxes right behind where the away fans are located.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:54 am

davids wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:One thing, whether you agree or not, Wolves will force you to sit in your allocated seat. Had an issue a few years back, when there was plenty of space, and stewards made me sit right in the corner, rather than sit in an empty seat with a far better view.

I never understand why clubs do that? Do we insist that away fans sit in their allocated seat when they come to CCS? I just don't know.

Many clubs let you sit anywhere in the away end and I've never seen there be a problem, except for the odd bloke who comes along and says "You're in my seat" when there are hundreds of empty seats in the away end.

And even at Wolves, as soon as the five to three rush starts they abandon their policy of trying to make you sit in your allocated seat and just try to cram everyone in wherever there's space.

Also you do get the occasional wanker in the hospitality boxes right behind where the away fans are located.

No we don't David, away fans can sit where they want in the Cardiff City stadium, they are treated like royalty,
They can stand as well.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:

No we don't David, away fans can sit where they want in the Cardiff City stadium, they are treated like royalty,
They can stand as well.

Annis,

Why does that not surprise me?

i'm still waiting for the away game where the home club lay on a choir to sing "Men of Harlech" for us at half-time.

I could be waiting a while I guess.