Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK: MORE WILL LEAVE AND "HAPPY" WITH CITY SQUAD

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:47 pm

Neil Warnock says more Cardiff City stars will leave this summer when rival clubs 'panic' at the end of the transfer window
By Dominic Booth

Craig Noone, Stuart O’Keefe and Declan John are most likely to leave.

Saturday 22nd July 2017

The Cardiff boss has also declared he won't be adding to his squad unless he loses any of his key players

Neil Warnock believes more Cardiff City players will leave the club when other clubs start “panicking” at the end of the transfer window.

Idriss Saadi became the latest departure out of South Wales this summer, following Peter Whittingham, Emyr Huws and Rickie Lambert when he joined RC Strasbourg.

Craig Noone, Stuart O’Keefe and Declan John are among those likely to join them out of the Bluebirds’ exit doors in the coming weeks after failing to travel on the first team tour to Devon and Cornwall.

But more offers will arrive, according to Warnock, when panic-buy season sets in.

“I think there’ll be one or two before kick off,” he said.

“And then at the end of August when people start panicking after two or three bad results, we’ll probably see another odd one as well.”

Warnock also confirmed the Bluebirds’ transfer business this summer is all but complete, after declaring himself happy with his squad.

Lee Tomlin arrived as the last piece of the puzzle for Cardiff, but Warnock wouldn’t completely rule out further business depending on circumstances.

“No more in, not unless something happens,” he said.

“You never know in football but I’m happy with my squad.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: MORE WILL LEAVE AND "HAPPY" WITH CITY SQUA

Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:05 pm

Double bluff from Warnock.....I fully expect at least 1 more player to come in

Won't be surprised to see at least 4 players leave

Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:36 pm

Neil Warnocks New Signings 2017-18

Lee Tomlin Striker/Midfield

Midfielder Loïc Damour

Goalkeeper Neil Etheridge

WidemanNathaniel Mendez-Laing

Defender Callum Paterson

Goalkeeper Lee Camp

Striker Danny Ward

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:57 am

He will need a striker for sure surely he can see that

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:13 am

DEANO wrote:He will need a striker for sure surely he can see that

I would agree on the striker front but there's also no mention of Fred.
Maybe he see's him as back up along with Ward who can play there and Pilkington (if he stays) who can also play there.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:40 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
DEANO wrote:He will need a striker for sure surely he can see that

I would agree on the striker front but there's also no mention of Fred.
Maybe he see's him as back up along with Ward who can play there and Pilkington (if he stays) who can also play there.

Yesterday he said that he was disappointed at losing Saadi though he understood the reasons he was sold/left. Iw as under the impression that he hadn't been looking at another striker because he wanted to see what Saadi could do. Surely therefore he needs to replace him.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:50 pm

I don't thin up too is all that bad better Han last season now

Can't understand why o keefe doesn't figure either as he was one of the better players under spade and ole a very good midfielder at this level imo

Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:33 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:I don't thin up too is all that bad better Han last season now

Can't understand why o keefe doesn't figure either as he was one of the better players under spade and ole a very good midfielder at this level imo

vodka?