Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Burton- best place to stop before match

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:43 pm

Sorting Day out, I did read message before advising of good place to stop for food and drink before game, outside Burton, wonder if anyone can remind me where this place is, I am too lazy to go back through threads.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Burton- best place to stop before match

Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:36 pm

didn't see the other post but a decent place to stop off before burton is a place called alrewas if your going by car . it's on the main A38 road about 2 miles before you hit burton . some decent places to eat and drink in the village . failing that barton under needwood or the outskirts of lichfield are decent too again off the main A38 route

Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:46 pm

Agree with Mozzer.

Barton is about 5 minutes nearer to Burton than Alrewas and has a nice marina with a big pub or alternatively, there are 3 pubs in the village. Both places are really nice villages and ideal for a stop off on the way to a game.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:59 pm

AV3 I know that A38 area very well and currently in and around tamworth with work in the week . full of villa fans not many blue noses around there !

wanted to go to burton but didn't get ticket , hopefully be at wolves :bluescarf:

Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:15 am

MOZZER1 wrote:AV3 I know that A38 area very well and currently in and around tamworth with work in the week . full of villa fans not many blue noses around there !

wanted to go to burton but didn't get ticket , hopefully be at wolves :bluescarf:

I moved out there about 10 years ago mate and have never been happier. I absolutely hate driving through Birmingham these days and wouldn't go back there if you chained me. I often go out for something to eat in Barton and occasionally Alrewas.

Funnily enough, I went into Lichfield to watch the Birmingham v Villa game last season and was surprised at how many noses were in the pub. It made my stomach turn at first but there was no bad atmosphere and people were mixing with each other quite freely. That would never happen in Birmingham but I have to admit, it isn't a bad thing.

If I can help get you a ticket from Burton, please feel free to give me a shout. I can't promise but I know people who have a postcode not far from Burton.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:14 am

Hi Cardiff fans

I posted something similar last year so hopefully this will be okay again.

I work for the Holiday Inn Express in Burton On Trent and wanted to advise travelling fans that we are the hotel partner to Burton Albion FC and offer away fans discounted rates on hotel accommodation if they wish to stay over.

The rate we are offering for Cardiff City fans is £59.00 per room including breakfast, secure car parking and Wi-Fi. To book this rate please call us on 01283 504300 and ask for the Burton Albion discount rate.

We are a short drive from the ground or taxi would cost around £4/£5. There is a various different pubs on route from our hotel to the ground should you wish to take this option.

For more information on our hotel visit www.exhiburton.co.uk

Once again hope this is okay to post here and if not please remove and accept my apologies.

Safe Travels to all that are making the journey.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:55 pm

AV3 would appreciate it if you could get me a burton ticket . no worrys if you can't . haven't been to burton before so would be my 74'th away ground with cardiff

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:15 pm

AV3 now got a ticket . thanks to poster who sorted it for me :bluescarf: :ayatollah: