PREMIER CLUB WANTS ZOHORE SAYS SUNDAY PAPER

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:15 pm

Report: Brighton & Hove Albion interested in Cardiff City striker Kenneth Zohore
By Giuseppe Labellarte

Sunday 23rd July 2017

Brighton & Hove Albion have set their sights on a move for Cardiff City striker Kenneth Zohore, according to reports.

The 23-year-old scored 12 times for the Bluebirds last season, 11 of which came in the final 17 matches of the Championship campaign.

Zohore joined Cardiff permanently from Belgian club Kortrijk last June, five months after he linked up with the Welsh side on loan, and has prospered under Neil Warnock.

According to The Sun, however, the Seagulls are hoping that the lure of Premier League football can help get Zohore to the Amex Stadium following their promotion to the top flight.

Zohore, a Denmark Under-21 international, only signed a contract extension at Cardiff in April.
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ZOHORE: THE SUN RECKON...

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:20 pm

I can't see him going anywhere.

Maybe there will be a few bids in January if he has a good first half to the season, but I can't see any club paying the minimum of £15m that we want right now.

Refuse to believe much from that vile newspaper too :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby davids » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Hopefully Big Ken will realise that his career has progressed a lot further under Warnock than it did when Brighton's current assistant manager was in charge at our club.
davids

Postby Sven » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Ned, I agree with you on all counts (particularly on the vile paper bit!) and I can't see Zohore going anywhere at this point of preparations. Never mind the fans reaction, I reckon Neil Warnock would be apoplectic with rage and that's not a sight 'Honest' Mehmet Dalman has likely seen yet! ;) :laughing6:

As always, we put out the information that is out there! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Re: PREMIER CLUB WANTS ZOHORE SAYS SUNDAY PAPER

Postby mallo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:30 pm

20. -30 million before he goes cheaper to buy the the club
Mallo

Will Always be blue !
mallo

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:54 pm

Sven wrote:Ned, I agree with you on all counts (particularly on the vile paper bit!) and I can't see Zohore going anywhere at this point of preparations. Never mind the fans reaction, I reckon Neil Warnock would be apoplectic with rage and that's not a sight 'Honest' Mehmet Dalman has likely seen yet! ;) :laughing6:

Agree on all of that Chris :ayatollah:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:57 pm

What is the offer ???
TopCat CCFC

Postby Wayne S » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:14 pm

Does he have a release clause?
Wayne S

Postby dogfound » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:17 pm

Sven wrote:Ned, I agree with you on all counts (particularly on the vile paper bit!) and I can't see Zohore going anywhere at this point of preparations. Never mind the fans reaction, I reckon Neil Warnock would be apoplectic with rage and that's not a sight 'Honest' Mehmet Dalman has likely seen yet! ;) :laughing6:

Zohore is hot property so we can expect these articles /rumours / enquiries / offers to continue right up until the window closes or he is sold ...I sort of dread August ,its real catch 22 stuff..5 games /opportunities for him to shine and score and 5 championship or 3 prem games for other teams to start poorly or pic up injuries....if he starts on fire and if a big enough offer comes in just like every other club we will sell..wrath of Warnock or not { although i do think he is sensible about this sort of thing }..
ideal world ,we start well without him playing well then he kicks into gear in September..
dogfound

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:14 pm

Sports Mole

By Giuseppe Labellarte, Reporter

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Brighton & Hove Albion have set their sights on a move for Cardiff City striker Kenneth Zohore, according to reports.

The 23-year-old scored 12 times for the Bluebirds last season, 11 of which came in the final 17 matches of the Championship campaign.

Zohore joined Cardiff permanently from Belgian club Kortrijk last June, five months after he linked up with the Welsh side on loan, and has prospered under Neil Warnock.

According to The Sun, however, the Seagulls are hoping that the lure of Premier League football can help get Zohore to the Amex Stadium following their promotion to the top flight.

Zohore, a Denmark Under-21 international, only signed a contract extension at Cardiff in April.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby BlakeCCFC » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:46 am

He's said himself he wants to stay and I can't see anyone coughing up the money we want for him. He will be in our team for Burton.

The fee would have to be huge for us to part with him so close to the start of the season.
Port Talbot Bluebirds
BlakeCCFC

Postby oxfordblue » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:53 am

Its almost certain someone will come in for Zohore with a £12-15M before the end of the window especially he starts banging in the goals in August . At £15M it starts to get tempting but would be a disaster for any promotion hopes.
oxfordblue

Postby dogfound » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:10 am

BlakeCCFC wrote:He's said himself he wants to stay and I can't see anyone coughing up the money we want for him. He will be in our team for Burton.

The fee would have to be huge for us to part with him so close to the start of the season.

the trouble is that what is a huge fee to us is not huge to teams in the EPL..
dogfound

Postby oxfordblue » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:38 am

dogfound wrote:
BlakeCCFC wrote:He's said himself he wants to stay and I can't see anyone coughing up the money we want for him. He will be in our team for Burton.

the trouble is that what is a huge fee to us is not huge to teams in the EPL..

£15m for 15-20 goals is a bargin for any premier league team
oxfordblue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:13 am

The same report has been made in the Mirror today. While I consider most things in these sort of rags to be mainly rubbish, I am sure the player would jump at the opportunity to play in the Premier League, and if the price is right I am sure Cardiff would not stand in his way. £10m would not exactly break the bank where PL clubs are concerned.
Steve Zodiak

Postby davids » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:46 am

Tell them it's £15m plus Glenn Murray.
davids

Postby BobbyBlue » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:51 pm

I think Warnock will say to Ken to stay one more season, if he has a good season then the value rises to 25m. Why sell at 12/15 now it's pointless, we lose out on a possible 15-20 goals. If we don't get promoted then I'd say sell zahore for 25/30 mil start of next summer so waenock has plenty of time to find a replacement.
BobbyBlue

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:09 pm

davids wrote:Hopefully Big Ken will realise that his career has progressed a lot further under Warnock than it did when Brighton's current assistant manager was in charge at our club.

Good spot. I bet PT believes he has some influence with KZ coupled with the chance to play in the EPL Brighton think they could land a promising striker.

I'm pretty sure Big Ken knows where his bread is buttered and that's playing under NW rather a season of struggle with BHA.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:The same report has been made in the Mirror today. While I consider most things in these sort of rags to be mainly rubbish, I am sure the player would jump at the opportunity to play in the Premier League, and if the price is right I am sure Cardiff would not stand in his way. £10m would not exactly break the bank where PL clubs are concerned.

If there was some kind of back up plan (another striker to replace KZ) and we did sell for £10m+ I would have a sneaky smile on my face as KZ's progress stalled under Trollope's guidance whilst we run all the way to the bank with a fantastic profit. :D
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Sneggyblubird » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:41 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:The same report has been made in the Mirror today. While I consider most things in these sort of rags to be mainly rubbish, I am sure the player would jump at the opportunity to play in the Premier League, and if the price is right I am sure Cardiff would not stand in his way. £10m would not exactly break the bank where PL clubs are concerned.

If there was some kind of back up plan (another striker to replace KZ) and we did sell for £10m+ I would have a sneaky smile on my face as KZ's progress stalled under Trollope's guidance whilst we run all the way to the bank with a fantastic profit. :D

You boys gotta stop thinking like a selling club.Even if we was offered£15m I wouldn't sell.Theres risk in every thing but the potential for that guy to get us to the prem is huge and listening to NW the other day I think we'll be keeping him.Of course if we don't get promoted this season but he gets 20 goals he'll be worth double what he's worth now.Also,if Tan wants to sell this club then a prem club with a 20m+ striker on its books is a much more attractive.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:29 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

You boys gotta stop thinking like a selling club.Even if we was offered£15m I wouldn't sell.Theres risk in every thing but the potential for that guy to get us to the prem is huge and listening to NW the other day I think we'll be keeping him.Of course if we don't get promoted this season but he gets 20 goals he'll be worth double what he's worth now.Also,if Tan wants to sell this club then a prem club with a 20m+ striker on its books is a much more attractive.

I suppose it depends if you are a gambling man. If his goals are in single figures at the end of the season, his value may be very low. No guarantees, and his career stats are very ordinary. If he can continue where he left off last season, he could end up as a nice profit for Mr Tan.
Steve Zodiak

Postby oxfordblue » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:38 pm

There is no gamble here for me he is a real talent and will score 15-25 goals next season if he stays, thats hard to replace
oxfordblue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:08 pm

oxfordblue wrote:There is no gamble here for me he is a real talent and will score 15-25 goals next season if he stays, thats hard to replace

Perhaps he will. He has scored 19 goals in 86 appearances, so could be a big ask to score as many again in one season. That is the gamble for me. His stats to date could influence Tan if a big offer came in right now.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Woodville Willie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:09 pm

Money talks and if the sum is right, he will be sold, 100%.

The sum may be lower than some are guessing if there is a release clause in his contract. To be honest, it's unlikely that he would have signed an extension in April without future protecting his interests. Hope I'm wrong.

This is the time of year that every fan hates. The bigger clubs come sniffing around any new starlets and inevitably, it causes instability for the players.

The notion that his value will increase if he stays till next year is, in my opinion, flawed. There are so many variables like form, service, injury and, quite frankly, luck. If he plays well it could ensure auto promotion but if not, another season in tier two would see him getting restless and his value could dip.

Fingers crossed!
True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Postby Bluebina » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Tony Pullis is supposed to be a fan, but I'm not sure what they've done this transfer window, have the bought or lost any Strikers ???
Bluebina

Postby Woodville Willie » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:10 pm

Money talks and if the sum is right, he will be sold, 100%.

The sum may be lower than some are guessing if there is a release clause in his contract. To be honest, it's unlikely that he would have signed an extension in April without future protecting his interests. Hope I'm wrong.

This is the time of year that every fan hates. The bigger clubs come sniffing around any new starlets and inevitably, it causes instability for the players.

The notion that his value will increase if he stays till next year is, in my opinion, flawed. There are so many variables like form, service, injury and, quite frankly, luck. If he plays well it could ensure auto promotion but if not, another season in tier two would see him getting restless and his value could dip.

Fingers crossed!
True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Postby fred keenor » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:22 am

the problem with selling at such short notice, would be finding his replacement.
clubs would know we have a wad of cash so say we sell for 15million, late in the transfer window would probably take 8,9 or 10 million to replace and out of the window goes this seasons hopes.

stay a season and win promotion, 200 million available with the new sky deal.

he needs to stay imo.
fred keenor

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:29 am

I know this sounds abit extreme but Zohore is one of the main reasons why I'm so excited for the new season to start - if he's sold we won't do as well and will loose out in attendances etc. He needs to stay otherwise we have no chance of making the top 6 IMO.
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:02 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I know this sounds abit extreme but Zohore is one of the main reasons why I'm so excited for the new season to start - if he's sold we won't do as well and will loose out in attendances etc. He needs to stay otherwise we have no chance of making the top 6 IMO.

It would certainly deflate the morale of city fans AND our play off hopes.
nubbsy

Postby Man of Harlech » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:05 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I know this sounds abit extreme but Zohore is one of the main reasons why I'm so excited for the new season to start - if he's sold we won't do as well and will loose out in attendances etc. He needs to stay otherwise we have no chance of making the top 6 IMO.

I don't think it is extreme at all. I think it's realistic. I feel exactly the same.

Let's be honest, after all this talk of 'going for it' the club have not really invested a lot in transfers this summer. I accept that there have probably been some signing on fees but net of what they might have recouped for Huws and Saadi, there has not been anything like the sums suggested.

What has encouraged me greatly has been holding on to Manga and Zohore as I love watching both. If Zohore goes at the last minute, and I accept that there may well be a release clause in his contract, then I will feel totally deflated and will fear that all of Warnock's great work, and any chance of reaching even the play-offs, will be compromised. I suspect that many others will feel the same.
Man of Harlech

Next

Return to General Chat