Rafa or NW?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rafa or NW?

Postby Theblues2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:10 am

I was having this debate with a friend of mine today, the argument was who really had the better season. Now If city and Newcastle were made to spend the same amount of money say £10m and the clubs had the same reputation in world football. Who would make the better investments and who's club would be better off at the end of the season. I said NW because of the impact he had when he came in and made us one of the top sides in the championship during his first few months at the club. Opinions?
Theblues2

Rafa or NW?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Rafa or NW?

Postby RYANBLUE » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:08 am

Bit hypothetical as football world's are so far apart. For me even a monkey would have managed to coach Newcastle to being promoted last year. It really wasn't hard try as they did to throw it a few times. When you have gates of 50.000 the entire investment is more than just having a number to spend on transfers. Infrastructure is far more superior. So for me the job Warnock done with the squad he inherited and the animosity off pitch and where we finished I think he was by far the most superior manager.
RYANBLUE

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:16 am

I think if you look at the clubs Rafa has managed and look at the clubs Warnock has managed, the answer to the question is fairly straightforward.
Steve Zodiak

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:18 am

The question would be the same in essence but make more sense if it asked "who would you rather at City with 10m to spend, rafa or NW"
nubbsy

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:48 pm

Warnock for me in the championship.

However if we went up and it was the same Scenario then Rafa easily.
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat