Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Season Ticket Enquiry/ Seating in Ninian Stand Block 117

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:11 pm

Hi
Looking to consider buying 2 Season Tickets for the Cardiff City Stadium and would welcome some advice about seating area

Previously had 2 seats in Block 115 row M, which provided sufficient cover from the rain. however these seats no longer available so the question is should I pay the extra to be ROW N and above to be in the dry, and can any one advice about BLOCK 117 Eg The view and is it becoming more popular ?

Can any one advice as to the View and position of seats in ROW EE , is it too high or Good view ?

Would welcome any advice as to where to buy a season ticket x 2 for my self and My older son .
Thanks for any advice.
Cheers :bluebird:

Re: Season Ticket Enquiry/ Seating in Ninian Stand Block 117

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:30 pm

iaveadream22 wrote:Hi
Looking to consider buying 2 Season Tickets for the Cardiff City Stadium and would welcome some advice about seating area

Previously had 2 seats in Block 115 row M, which provided sufficient cover from the rain. however these seats no longer available so the question is should I pay the extra to be ROW N and above to be in the dry, and can any one advice about BLOCK 117 Eg The view and is it becoming more popular ?

Can any one advice as to the View and position of seats in ROW EE , is it too high or Good view ?

Would welcome any advice as to where to buy a season ticket x 2 for my self and My older son .
Thanks for any advice.
Cheers :bluebird:

A lot cheaper in the Canton & you can go as high up as you want, better atmosphere too. :thumbright:

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:43 pm

We're in block 113 at the top - superb view and well out of the rain.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:52 pm

I'm normally in 116 and it's a great view from there, and close to the away fans... only downside is you can't even stand up to let someone past without a steward having a panic attack.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:44 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I'm normally in 116 and it's a great view from there, and close to the away fans... only downside is you can't even stand up to let someone past without a steward having a panic attack.

Ned, I wouldn't go over there if they were free. How come two stands in the same ground be poles apart? You're told to sit down and be quiet over there & stand up and make as much noise as you like in the Canton. Crazy.

Can you imagine the atmosphere if we were allowed to stand/sing near the away fans?! It'd be fantastic.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:30 pm

I'm in 117 row gg great view, good banter with the away fans,the stewards can be assholes but generally ok ,alot of old school a block around me too

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:52 pm

norms76 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I'm normally in 116 and it's a great view from there, and close to the away fans... only downside is you can't even stand up to let someone past without a steward having a panic attack.

Ned, I wouldn't go over there if they were free. How come two stands in the same ground be poles apart? You're told to sit down and be quiet over there & stand up and make as much noise as you like in the Canton. Crazy.

Can you imagine the atmosphere if we were allowed to stand/sing near the away fans?! It'd be fantastic.

I agree Norms :thumbright:

If you could stand there, then the atmosphere would be electric at certain times. But with only one stand allowed to stand up, the atmosphere is weak at best. Can't expect one stand up make enough noise to fill the whole stadium.

I used to be in Canton but moved because I prefer watching a match from the side of the pitch - especially as the majority of away games sees us behind the goal.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:34 am

The higher the better, the closer to the middle the better as far as view is concerned in the ninian!

Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:44 am

norms76 wrote:

ive never understood this arguement...
i keep reading articles about introducing safe standing areas yet we have had a standing area since the ground opened..but rather than appreciate and embrace it people complain.
btw..back in the day when clubs had proper atmospheres ,they were created by large home singing ends more often than not located behind the goals eg grange end..kop..stretford end..shed..etc etc and had little to do with being next to the away fans if infact there were often few if any away fans.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:24 am

dogfound wrote:
norms76 wrote:

ive never understood this arguement...
i keep reading articles about introducing safe standing areas yet we have had a standing area since the ground opened..but rather than appreciate and embrace it people complain.
btw..back in the day when clubs had proper atmospheres ,they were created by large home singing ends more often than not located behind the goals eg grange end..kop..stretford end..shed..etc etc and had little to do with being next to the away fans if infact there were often few if any away fans.

Times have changed people need to be entertained these days. Didn't Chelsea move the singing section/away fans recently to improve the atmosphere?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:00 pm

Thanks Lads for the comments and advice, After considering all options decided to opt for 2 Season Tickets in Block 117 half way up, should it rain badly then we will grab another seat higher up unoccupied.

Glad to be returning to the City after missing a a few seasons due to rebrand, but feeling optimistic about this season with Warnock in full control. however at present could do with a little more strength in mid field and definately another striker as injuries are inevitable.

Excited for the new season .............. :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: