Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK: "I THINK HE NEEDS A MOVE TO ANOTHER CLUB"

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:35 am

Craig Noone: Cardiff City wing needs move, says Neil Warnock

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock says winger Craig Noone "needs a move" from the club.

Noone, 29, has made 170 appearances for the Bluebirds since joining from Brighton for £1m in 2012 but has recently struggled for a place.

Other clubs have already shown interest in the player, whose contract expires in 2018.

"Agents are talking to people etc but nothing has come up which has whetted our appetite," Warnock said.

"I think we're in a rush with that really, I think people like Craig Noone at the end of August is when others might have a look.

"I think he needs a move and I think he'll do well for the team he goes to, but I'm not in a rush. He doesn't cause me any problems, he's a good lad."

Noone, Declan John and Stuart O'Keefe are all set to play for the club's under-23 side at Hereford on Wednesday .

Cardiff slipped to their first pre-season defeat of the summer against Shrewsbury on Tuesday evening, a 2-1 reverse which Warnock claimed did not concern him.

Afterwards he reaffirmed that striker Kenneth Zohore is not for sale.

Earlier in the month Warnock claimed the Denmark international would not leave the club this summer "unless I have a heart attack and another manager takes over".

He added: "I expect 20 goals from Kenneth this season."

Cardiff's next friendly match is against Livingstone Athletic on Friday, 28 July.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK ON CRAIG NOONE'S POSITION

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:00 am

There's rumours that he will be at a new club by the weekend. If that's true, it will be good for all parties concerned.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:06 am

Where u hear that mate?

Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:05 am

Twitter where else ;),so there's something rumbling.
But his wages are alleged to be £20k + a week , that's going to be a stretch for most championship / league one clubs . So I assume there may be a pay off involved . Also the club involved is in the North West.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: "I THINK HE NEEDS A MOVE TO ANOTHER CLUB"

Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:20 am

Ummm I guess Wigan

Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:42 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Ummm I guess Wigan

Bolton swap for Josh Vela please. thanks

Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:18 pm

I think Warnock is right and fully expect him to do very well elsewhere, think he has just gone a bit stale.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:37 pm

Once Warnock don't think you fit in - your doomed in fairness to noone he's played some good football yes had some horrors
but who has not - if he goes at least wish him the best for his future

:occasion5:

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:01 pm

At times been a great player for us and he is a nice lad too sadly he has had many bad games too and his appearance against Newcastle as a sub was one of the worst iv seen him play for us.

However I remember his brilliance against Man City in the premiership and under slade when we won against Wolves at their place 1-3 he scored 2 cracking goals and set up the other goal he was brilliant that day so sad as he could not do it all the time. I wish him luck except when playing us

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:17 pm

A cracking character but his time is up I think.. the only thing I can say is I do think these poor performances he had wouldn't happened if he was played on the left rather than the right, v Bristol he was on that wing for a good 15-20 minutes and he caused havoc for Bristol and won the penalty on that side.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:57 am

mallo wrote:Once Warnock don't think you fit in - your doomed in fairness to noone he's played some good football yes had some horrors
but who has not - if he goes at least wish him the best for his future

:occasion5:

Mallow, I don't think he's just had some horrors. He's been completely below par for the past 3 years bar the odd handful of games.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:20 am

I think he's lost s yard of pace which prevents him taking on full backs on the outside. This is forcing him to be played on the right, making him too predictable.
Top bloke but needs a move for the good of his career

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:09 am

DandoCCFC wrote:A cracking character but his time is up I think.. the only thing I can say is I do think these poor performances he had wouldn't happened if he was played on the left rather than the right, v Bristol he was on that wing for a good 15-20 minutes and he caused havoc for Bristol and won the penalty on that side.

Totally agree Craig Noone has been badly coached over the past few years with too much emphasis on him cutting in and shooting from the right hand side. It has worked well in a couple of games I can think of vs. Fulham/Wolves but these days players and teams are scouted by future opposition so by the time of the next match defences were ready to deal with it.

He should have been encouraged to vary his game like he did against Bristol.

A move would be in his and our best interest.