Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Jazz Richards / Lee Peltier? '

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:27 pm

' Jazz Richards / Lee Peltier? '

Jazz or Lee for right-back?

By Ian Mitchelmore

Callum Paterson looks set to become the club's first choice right-back when he returns from injury, but as things stand, it appears there will be a two-way battle between Lee Peltier and Jazz Richards for the role in the season opener at Burton.

Peltier himself has had injury problems this year having missed the majority of the closing half of the previous campaign with the ankle injury he sustained in the 2-0 win over Preston in January.

But it seems like he'll get the nod while Scot Paterson remains sidelined with the knee injury that has ruled him out of action since December.

However, Richards is more than capable of filling in on either side of the pitch at full-back.

Given that Joe Bennett is the club's main out-and-out left-back, Richards' best chance of forcing his way into the first team reckoning may be on the right hand side of the defence.

And the Wales international will harbour hopes of nailing down a place in the first team after injuries hampered his progress in the earlier stages of the previous campaign.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Jazz Richards / Lee Peltier? '

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Jazz or Lee for right-back?

Callum Paterson looks set to become the club's first choice right-back when he returns from injury, but as things stand, it appears there will be a two-way battle between Lee Peltier and Jazz Richards for the role in the season opener at Burton.

Peltier himself has had injury problems this year having missed the majority of the closing half of the previous campaign with the ankle injury he sustained in the 2-0 win over Preston in January.

But it seems like he'll get the nod while Scot Paterson remains sidelined with the knee injury that has ruled him out of action since December.

Peltier is the best defensive full back at the club in my opinion.

However, Richards is more than capable of filling in on either side of the pitch at full-back.

Given that Joe Bennett is the club's main out-and-out left-back, Richards' best chance of forcing his way into the first team reckoning may be on the right hand side of the defence.

And the Wales international will harbour hopes of nailing down a place in the first team after injuries hampered his progress in the earlier stages of the previous campaign.

Peltier is the best defensive full back at the club in my opinion

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:57 pm

Both pretty good at championship level can't really separate them

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:56 pm

I prefer Jazz at fullback. Think Peltier is sometimes to hard and gives away to many free kicks and pens

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Either/or will do a good job for City this season but my personal preference is for The Jazz Man! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Double G wrote:I prefer Jazz at fullback. Think Peltier is sometimes to hard and gives away to many free kicks and pens

used to be called cloggers.
Jazz is the better footballer. but is that what our manager wants.?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:42 pm

Peltier is a better full back / defender still not sure about Jaz he is going forward

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:46 pm

Peltier for me, I have yet to see an opposing winger get the better of him. I think defensively, Jazz is excellent, but I feel he can be a bit too soft at times and he's weak in the air. Peltier has that ruthless, streetwise streak to him where he can clean out a dangerous winger and wipe him out for the entire game. I like that.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:21 pm

I would use jazz at home and pelts away games

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:34 am

Pelts for me. Good solid fullback who won't let you down.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:42 am

boyo1927 wrote:I would use jazz at home and pelts away games

:thumbup:

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:20 am

Jazz Richards.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:37 pm

Jazz for me.