Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Which winger misses out?

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:40 am

Which winger misses out?

Danny Ward could potentially fill in out wide while youngster Mark Harris can do the same.

But it seems more likely that Warnock will look at two from Junior Hoilett, Kadeem Harris and newcomer Nathaniel Mendez-Laing as his wide-men.

Three doesn't go into two, meaning someone has to miss out.

Warnock has already confirmed that Hoilett will be available for the clash with Burton having returned to training today after missing the club's pre-season schedule due to being away with Canada at the Gold Cup in the United States.

But it remains to be seen whether or not he will throw him straight into the mix or if Mendez-Laing's efforts in pre-season have been sufficient enough to earn him a start at the Pirelli Stadium.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Which winger misses out?

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:Which winger misses out?

Danny Ward could potentially fill in out wide while youngster Mark Harris can do the same.

But it seems more likely that Warnock will look at two from Junior Hoilett, Kadeem Harris and newcomer Nathaniel Mendez-Laing as his wide-men.

Three doesn't go into two, meaning someone has to miss out.

Warnock has already confirmed that Hoilett will be available for the clash with Burton having returned to training today after missing the club's pre-season schedule due to being away with Canada at the Gold Cup in the United States.

But it remains to be seen whether or not he will throw him straight into the mix or if Mendez-Laing's efforts in pre-season have been sufficient enough to earn him a start at the Pirelli Stadium.

I personally think Mendez-Laing has been solid in pre season and should be given a chance at Burton. He is quick strong and shown he can finish. Looks an exciting prospect

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:26 am

I think hoieltt will initially miss out as he has been away.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:27 am

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing is not at the same standard as Hoilett and Harris yet from what I have seen so far and fully expect him to start on the bench at Burton unless Hoilett as not match ready.
Nice to have options though :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:20 am

Having spent £1.6m on Ward you have to wonder why he would start on the bench? My guess Ward/Mendez-Laing will get the nod.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:43 am

Forgot about Ward. Totally agree that he will be one of the wide players

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:02 pm

I'd love to see Kennedy have a good chance this season

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:49 pm

Hoilet and Ward. maybe Kadeem if one or other is not match fit or injured.
although Mendez Laing has had a good pre season its against worse teams than he was playing against for Rochdale last season..so youd expect him to.