Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Pre season preparation? '

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:48 pm

Looking at a fans review of our Shrewsbury game this week and he may have had a valid point...

He kinda of indicated that Shrewsbury in the second half were the dominant team and looked fitter and quicker in all departments. Shrewsbury had already played Villa and Wolves and seemed to question our pre season opposition.

Do you think we should be looking at an higher level of opposition in pre season?

Re: " Pre season preparation? '

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:57 pm

Dicey wrote:Looking at a fans review of our Shrewsbury game this week and he may have had a valid point...

He kinda of indicated that Shrewsbury in the second half were the dominant team and looked fitter and quicker in all departments. Shrewsbury had already played Villa and Wolves and seemed to question our pre season opposition.

Do you think we should be looking at an higher level of opposition in pre season?

Mate, so what would you suggest?

Are you saying Warnock has prepared wrongly and you know better?

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Warnock has plenty of "pre-seasons" behind him. He knows that they are a means of getting players fit and up to match speed. The standard of opposition has no great effect, they are little more than public training sessions. The real business starts when there are points to play for, and I the players will step up a level when that time comes.
Would'nt surprise me whatever the result against Burton. We could win or lose 4-0, often get a string of strange results in the first couple of matches of a season that have little bearing on the final outcome next May. I am sure Warnock will have his team well prepared for a crack at the top six.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:24 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Warnock has plenty of "pre-seasons" behind him. He knows that they are a means of getting players fit and up to match speed. The standard of opposition has no great effect, they are little more than public training sessions. The real business starts when there are points to play for, and I the players will step up a level when that time comes.
Would'nt surprise me whatever the result against Burton. We could win or lose 4-0, often get a string of strange results in the first couple of matches of a season that have little bearing on the final outcome next May. I am sure Warnock will have his team well prepared for a crack at the top six.

Totally agree with you Steve :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:54 pm

Warnock also mentioned in his interviews that he doesn't like to over-train preseason or have players doing double sessions due to injury risks... i'm sure he knows what he is doing with the number of seasons experience he has.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:19 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:
Dicey wrote:Looking at a fans review of our Shrewsbury game this week and he may have had a valid point...

Mate, so what would you suggest?

Are you saying Warnock has prepared wrongly and you know better?

I'm not suggesting anything, I'm asking the question.
I guess we will know by how well we start the season.