Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WORST EVER CITY MANAGER

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:20 pm

Alan Durban, IN MY OPINION. ?
He sent me round the bloody Twist.

Re: WORST EVER CITY MANAGER

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:22 pm

all of them who has not got us to the premiership, including present ;)

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Alan Durban, IN MY OPINION. ?

Annis, unsurprisingly (for those of us who've been supporting for that long :? ) when I saw the title of the thread, the first name that sprang to mind (as I clicked through to respond) was none other than ALAN DURBAN :? ........ Closely followed by Kenny Hibbet and Phil Neal might I add.......

What a shocking period that was :cry:

Peter

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:29 pm

CCFC WORCESTER wrote:

Annis, unsurprisingly (for those of us who've been supporting for that long :? ) when I saw the title of the thread, the first name that sprang to mind (as I clicked through to respond) was none other than ALAN DURBAN :? ........ Closely followed by Kenny Hibbet and Phil Neal might I add.......

Peter

Yes we will never forget him.
Peter,
I agree about Hibbet, but Phil Neal wasnt long enough in charge, for me to say much than, what a Wanker for Jumping ship.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CCFC WORCESTER wrote:

Peter

Yes we will never forget him.
Peter,
I agree about Hibbet, but Phil Neal wasnt long enough in charge, for me to say much than, what a Wanker for Jumping ship.

Didn't last long though at Man City did he mate??
Days/weeks wasn't it :lol: :lol:

Peter

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:39 pm

Hibbert was a joke the wolves prick, phil neale fucked off after a month? Russell Osman was he in charge for a short while?

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:53 pm

Alan Durban without doubt for me !

The Durban record of doom has stood the test of time. A truly shocking time to be a city fan but at least we were sh*t and we knew we were rather than the over paid premaddona's we got pulling on the shirt today.

Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:43 pm

phil neal, biggest tosser ever

hibbit wasnt very good but at least he tried

phil neal, wanker

only thing he ever did was trap that ball on the sidelines once

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:13 pm

On a £ per £ basis, it has to be Jones.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:22 am

Mr Fuking durban by far........ :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:27 am

JonesMustGo wrote:On a £ per £ basis, it has to be Jones.

That's an interesting post. As bad as Durban, Hibbit, Neal and Osman were they had nothing like the resources DJ has had.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:44 am

Durban for definite.Always remember his comment after we were relegated from the old second division (Now Championship) in 85, it was words to the effect that 'we would never have as bad as season as that again!' After our first game of the following season (A 4-1 win at Notts County.) I thought we would go back up, how wrong I was, as nine months later we got relegated to the fourth!
In Durbans defence though, he had no money to spend and all the other clubs he managed he seemed to do a good job, with us though he was shit!

Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:13 am

Osman, Hibbett get somewhat of an unfair rap - weren't both of them undermined heavily by Kumar?

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:44 am

Russell Osman definitely. Saying that, given the side we had at the level we were playing I would also say Alan Cork. I have never seen a manager so tactically clueless and our win against Leeds was purely down to the players abandoning the game plan and just working together!

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:56 am

I'd disagree. Durban was poor but his budget was absolutely shocking. He had a 4th div budget in the 2nd div. For all his faults he cared about the club. He even gave a sum of money to pay for Phil Brignulls transfer from Bournemouth. Couldnt see DJ giveing away any of his cash from the club (Durban earned 20k a year whilst DJ earns 800k). As a 12 year old i trained with CCFC as part of an Easter Soccer School and Durban and Mullen took some of the training. Durban was a lovely bloke with time for the kids and was really enthusiastic. I remember we had a mini revival on way to being relegated from div 2 when we won 2 home games on the trot 3-0 (Barnsley and Hudds Town) and Durban was running around celebrating like a fan. Again cant see DJ doing that because he doesnt care.

In my opinion our worst ever manager was Osman followed by Hibbitt, Ashurst (2nd Spell), Gould, Lawrence then Durban. I think if Durban had been given money he might have done okay as his previous track record was good at Sjoke.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:02 am

Zabier wrote:Russell Osman definitely. Saying that, given the side we had at the level we were playing I would also say Alan Cork. I have never seen a manager so tactically clueless and our win against Leeds was purely down to the players abandoning the game plan and just working together!

Osman wasn't as bad as made out - don't forget Kumar routinely interfering in team selections etc.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:14 am

True, nerd, I was a youngen back then though and wasn't aware of such interventions and in doing so Osman's face has always been linked with the term 'shit' in my brain! :)