Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Moldova Flights

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:23 pm

I'm looking to book flights to Moldova, has anyone else booked these yet and where are you flying from?

Re: Moldova Flights

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:44 am

Cardiffcitymad wrote:I'm looking to book flights to Moldova, has anyone else booked these yet and where are you flying from?

I'm not going for the match but was looking for flights for a group trip in August this year. The only direct flight as far as I know is with WizzAir from Luton to Chisinau but be warned their prices rocket as soon as they find out about any event, bank holiday etc, so expect to pay over the odds. The cheapest option I found was via Warsaw, but that was still around £300.00. Wizz do fly every day so if you can spare extra time out there then you might be able to go a bit cheaper. Alternatively you could fly directly to Iasi in Romania [again with WizzAir or Blue Sky AIr] and train or bus to Chisinau [no visas required] - a trip 3 hours each way.

Good luck mate and enjoy the game!!

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:42 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:I'm looking to book flights to Moldova, has anyone else booked these yet and where are you flying from?

I'm not going for the match but was looking for flights for a group trip in August this year. The only direct flight as far as I know is with WizzAir from Luton to Chisinau but be warned their prices rocket as soon as they find out about any event, bank holiday etc, so expect to pay over the odds. The cheapest option I found was via Warsaw, but that was still around £300.00. Wizz do fly every day so if you can spare extra time out there then you might be able to go a bit cheaper. Alternatively you could fly directly to Iasi in Romania [again with WizzAir or Blue Sky AIr] and train or bus to Chisinau [no visas required] - a trip 3 hours each way.

Hey thanks very much, managed to get flights from Cardiff via Milan on the way out and Barcelona back to Cardiff on our return. Looking forward to the trip now :thumbup:

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:22 am

Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Hey thanks very much, managed to get flights from Cardiff via Milan on the way out and Barcelona back to Cardiff on our return. Looking forward to the trip now :thumbup:

Would be interested to hear your thoughts as I am going out there in June next year on business.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:42 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Would be interested to hear your thoughts as I am going out there in June next year on business.

Ill let you know what it's like! :thumbup:

Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:26 am

Flying Sunday morning from Stansted :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:50 am

Got back late last night, not really that much to see or do in Moldova with the exception of the Winery, the two best hotels are the Radisson Blu and the Bristol which are opposite, we did have a really good time, the atmosphere was buzzing. Now need to find a flight to Georgia. :occasion5:

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:Got back late last night, not really that much to see or do in Moldova with the exception of the Winery, the two best hotels are the Radisson Blu and the Bristol which are opposite, we did have a really good time, the atmosphere was buzzing. Now need to find a flight to Georgia. :occasion5:

Cheers - we will be away from Chisinau, so god help us if there was nothing to do in the capital!!