Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Price rise in Cardiff stadium

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:41 pm

Not sure if anyone else posted this before. But our last friendly against Livingston the price of teas and coffee had gone up by about 10 or 20p. Didn't have a pint so didn't really look at the time but guess it maybe the same. I will check later, have anyone noticed if it had gone up AGAIN??

Re: Price rise in Cardiff stadium

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Didn't you know - it's all down to brexit!

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:13 pm

Anybody who buys food, drinks or beer in the stadium must need their head looked at! :o

Two reasons - one, it looks absolutely vile. Two, it's grossly overpriced for what it is.

Some people have more money than sense. :thumbup:

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:25 pm

davids wrote:Anybody who buys food, drinks or beer in the stadium must need their head looked at! :o

Two reasons - one, it looks absolutely vile. Two, it's grossly overpriced for what it is.

Especially as majority of income goes to compass! :o

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:27 pm

davids wrote:Anybody who buys food, drinks or beer in the stadium must need their head looked at! :o

The Grazing Shed is a super tidy burger. :laughing6:

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:51 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

And it's shit food.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:34 pm

I haven't bought a pint tonight as I'm driving but did look at prices. It's now £4:30 a Pint :o :o :oops:

Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

And it's shit food.

Isn't contract up end this season?

Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

And it's shit food.

I'm at the ground and the burgers are £4.50 whilst a pie is £3.80 :shock:

Drinks are also well OTT at £2.40 for a Hot Chocolate or Bovril and a packet of Haribos (other sweets start at £1.30) is set at £2.80 :o

Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:48 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

And it's shit food.

Drinks are also well OTT at £2.40 for a Hot Chocolate or Bovril and a packet of Haribos (other sweets start at £1.30) is set at £2.80 :o

It's food outside ground this season don't mind hot drinks but 4.50 burger when they're 1.50 on sloper rd :shock:

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

And it's shit food.

It's food outside ground this season don't mind hot drinks but 4.50 burger when they're 1.50 on sloper rd :shock:

The only thing that surprised me Allan, was the size of the queues to buy the extortionate stuff! Tim''s van near Allen''s Stationers (opposite the Cardiff Bus Depot) undoubtedly the best out there IMHO! ;) :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:17 pm

They make an absolute fortune on bovril these days.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:25 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

And it's shit food.

The only thing that surprised me Allan, was the size of the queues to buy the extortionate stuff! Tim''s van near Allen''s Stationers (opposite the Cardiff Bus Depot) undoubtedly the best out there IMHO! ;) :ayatollah:

Did notice last season that syntner lounge was quieter than previous seasons. But I go to one by side of depot he's been there longer than I can remember. But if early go asda with MCds on way Home if needed at cross hands :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

And it's shit food.

Chris,

Scandalous prices for crap food and drink.

I pay less than 5 euros for my daughter and I for two drinks, two pies and two big cookies Atletico Baleares :thumbright:

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

And it's shit food.

Chris,

I pay less than 5 euros for my daughter and I for two drinks, two pies and two big cookies Atletico Baleares :thumbright:

And that's just your snacks Annis! ;)

What does your daughter have? :thumbup:

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:41 pm

£16.40 for 4 pints they're advertising

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:42 am

Blue_Barber wrote:£16.40 for 4 pints they're advertising

Besides the price of over four quid a pint, why would anyone drink that piss?
I had a pint there about 4 years ago and didn't even finish it. A first for me!! Vowed never to have another one even if somebody bought it for me.
Never had food there as I live locally but drink the coffee which is ok.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:48 am

Each to there own but never understood anyone wanting to buy the horrible over priced food, im sure anyone can cope 2 hours without food or buy before or after. I have had a cup of tea before now and then mainly due to being bloody freezing :lol: .

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:13 am

The only thing I was willing to pay was £2 for a bottle of fosters gold. Where's the best place to eat and drink before the game, somewhere I can take my kids.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:20 am

rossblue wrote:The only thing I was willing to pay was £2 for a bottle of fosters gold. Where's the best place to eat and drink before the game, somewhere I can take my kids.

Your house!
;)

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:24 am

Hahaha

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:12 am

I usually get a coffee off the stand by the main Ninian gate 5, looks a private set up, pay a bit more than the Compass place but quality is nice, and it's no more than a Starbucks or Costa on the road.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

And it's shit food.

Chris,

Annis, my mate Paul (from the bus trips) had a curry pie and missed the first City goal for the obvious reason! :lol:

I shouldn't laugh but he usually has a cast-iron stomach but it took three visits to sort it out! :shock: :laughing6:

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:57 pm

When having the usual pre-match mooch around Burton's ground on Saturday, I noticed that they charge the away fans more than the food prices I saw through the fence in their home end. It wasn't huge but I think it's just wrong, especially considering how our club look after away fans. It's the first time I've noticed it and I wonder if any other clubs do the same. If anything, clubs should be doing things to attract away support. Unless your Leeds if course where they do everything in their power to dissuade away fans.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:49 pm

rossblue wrote:The only thing I was willing to pay was £2 for a bottle of fosters gold. Where's the best place to eat and drink before the game, somewhere I can take my kids.

Lots of pubs in canton area. Always took my lad in from young age never any issues (he's 16 now). Used to love the co - operation but not sure if they cook anymore. Canton cross vaults also very good but quite small. Spoons in canton is usual spoons and 2 or 3 other decent pubs all in 5 mins walk . Then of course there's your Mc d's and kfc etc near ground.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:45 am

Canton is the best place for a prematch munch. But you also have McDonalds, KFC, Subway, Greggs, Costa, Cafe Nero, M&S, Chinese place, Asda, and even Costco surrounding the stadium so there's really no excuse to get ripped off by the stadium is there! Lmao

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:15 pm

The Ivor Davies in the Canton area is part of the Wetherspoons chain and very cheap for both food and drink. Its only a 10 minute walk to the ground, family friendly and pro Cardiff City.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:37 pm

Compass in there last season and looks like trying to rip us off