Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED ' ASTON VILLA FANS COMING TO CARDIFF '

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:33 am

" UPDATED "

ASTON VILLA LOOK LIKE BRINGING THE BIGGEST EVER AWAY SUPPORT TO CARDIFF FOR YEARS.

Villa have Sold more than Newcastle brought last season.

Newcastle were given 6,000 tickets and only sold 4,282 tickets.

Villa's third visit to Cardiff in less than 5 years.

10/08/17

Now Over 4,600 Villa tickets Sold :thumbright: :thumbright:

Now 4,555 tickets sold by Villa :thumbright:

Well over 4,500 tickets now sold to Aston Villa fans :thumbright:

Aston Villa have so far sold 4,348 tickets for the match against Cardiff City this Saturday at the Cardiff City Stadium :thumbright: :thumbright:

Villa have 455 tickets to sell by the end of this Friday.

Cardiff with now two victories out of two behind them are expecting a 25,000 plus home crowd :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' ASTON VILLA FANS '

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:04 am

that's a great effort especially when thousands of people in that region work in the car industry and it's there main 2 week holiday period . hopefully we can turn them over and give steve bruce a few more grey hairs !

Re: ' ASTON VILLA FANS '

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:06 am

MOZZER1 wrote:that's a great effort especially when thousands of people in that region work in the car industry and it's there main 2 week holiday period . hopefully we can turn them over and give steve bruce a few more grey hairs !

Agreed Mozzer, many use every excuse for not going, but Villa fans to be fair are coming to us in their thousands and its their 3rd visit to Cardiff in the last 5 yrs, plus its so early on and their last two seasons have been quite disastrous on the pitch.

Re: ' ASTON VILLA FANS COMING TO CARDIFF '

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:26 am

don't want to make a fuss of our away support there are other threads on that but villa are considered to be the 5'th biggest club in england. god knows how they come to that conclusion but whenever i,m in that area the local media always refer to them as the 5'th biggest and only last week steve bruce mentioned on there local bbc wm radio show saying they are the 5'th biggest club . they asked for 5,000 last year too but we didn't give them the extra but the point i was trying to make selling almost 5,000 this time around right in the middle of the holiday season is great . perhaps AV3 will come on and explain how villa are considered the 5'th biggest club in England. would love us to take 5,000 to villa this year

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:56 am

Annis I think 25k is a realistic expectation considering first home game, big club and the away following. Any more and I'd be pleasantly suprised!

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:04 am

nubbsy wrote:Annis I think 25k is a realistic expectation considering first home game, big club and the away following. Any more and I'd be pleasantly suprised!

I'm going to say 26,500...tickets have been selling well all week...hopefully get a last minute rush as well especially after 2 wins in 4 days

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:19 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
nubbsy wrote:Annis I think 25k is a realistic expectation considering first home game, big club and the away following. Any more and I'd be pleasantly suprised!

I'm going to say 26,500...tickets have been selling well all week...hopefully get a last minute rush as well especially after 2 wins in 4 days

Do you know how many we've officially sold?

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:34 am

My uncle was talking to Searle before the game last night and was told approx 21,000 sold so far including villa's allocation

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:55 am

MOZZER1 wrote:don't want to make a fuss of our away support there are other threads on that but villa are considered to be the 5'th biggest club in england. god knows how they come to that conclusion but whenever i,m in that area the local media always refer to them as the 5'th biggest and only last week steve bruce mentioned on there local bbc wm radio show saying they are the 5'th biggest club . they asked for 5,000 last year too but we didn't give them the extra but the point i was trying to make selling almost 5,000 this time around right in the middle of the holiday season is great . perhaps AV3 will come on and explain how villa are considered the 5'th biggest club in England. would love us to take 5,000 to villa this year

What makes a big club Moz? I would argue that JT has just signed for the biggest club that he'll ever play for but a 20 year old would think that I'm bonkers.

I have no idea what makes a big club. Man U & Arsenal are the 2 biggest in the league, followed by Liverpool (IMO)

Would Man City or Chelsea have been classed as big clubs 20 years ago? I doubt it.

What about Sunderland? Where do they fit? 6 league championships and (at least when they were in the prem) massive gates. What about Newcastle? They always have massive gates.

Personally, I don't know where Villa are in terms of "biggest club" and it doesn't really bother me.

I will also be gracing you all with my presence on Saturday (a new ground for me) and will be hitting Newport at around 10.30 :occasion5:

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:17 am

AV3 wrote:
MOZZER1 wrote:don't want to make a fuss of our away support there are other threads on that but villa are considered to be the 5'th biggest club in england. god knows how they come to that conclusion but whenever i,m in that area the local media always refer to them as the 5'th biggest and only last week steve bruce mentioned on there local bbc wm radio show saying they are the 5'th biggest club . they asked for 5,000 last year too but we didn't give them the extra but the point i was trying to make selling almost 5,000 this time around right in the middle of the holiday season is great . perhaps AV3 will come on and explain how villa are considered the 5'th biggest club in England. would love us to take 5,000 to villa this year

What makes a big club Moz? I would argue that JT has just signed for the biggest club that he'll ever play for but a 20 year old would think that I'm bonkers.

I have no idea what makes a big club. Man U & Arsenal are the 2 biggest in the league, followed by Liverpool (IMO)

Would Man City or Chelsea have been classed as big clubs 20 years ago? I doubt it.

What about Sunderland? Where do they fit? 6 league championships and (at least when they were in the prem) massive gates. What about Newcastle? They always have massive gates.

Personally, I don't know where Villa are in terms of "biggest club" and it doesn't really bother me.

I will also be gracing you all with my presence on Saturday (a new ground for me) and will be hitting Newport at around 10.30 :occasion5:

The games in Cardiff, fella! ;) :laughing6:

Seriously, if it goes on tradition and footballing achievements then Villa are a truly massive club and I understand your point about the youngsters who are in the main brought up to 'support' or at least be 'associated' with clubs (and other things) on the basis of perceived 'success'. A quick look down your local high street will reflect the fickle changes as different teams take the trophies and become sudden 'flavour of the month' over the years ;) :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:20 am

Villa are a big club most certainly. But Liverpool and United are the only Giants in this country. Although if Liverpool don't do something soon they will drop

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:37 am

I've got no say in Sven, I'm on a coach and have to stop where the coaches stop.

Football is a pale shadow of what it was when I first started going (in the 70s). Most things have probably changed for the best although the nostalgia will probably blinker many peoples memories. I actually enjoyed watching football last season far more than I had in the previous few years. Do I really miss Crystal Palace v Watford? I think not.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:19 pm

AV3 wrote:I've got no say in Sven, I'm on a coach and have to stop where the coaches stop.

Football is a pale shadow of what it was when I first started going (in the 70s). Most things have probably changed for the best although the nostalgia will probably blinker many peoples memories. I actually enjoyed watching football last season far more than I had in the previous few years. Do I really miss Crystal Palace v Watford? I think not.

Historically Aston Villa are a way bigger club than the Chelseas of this world, financially Chelsea are on another level to Villa.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:44 pm

Used to love watching Villa in Europe, some great players.
AV3 wrote:I've got no say in Sven, I'm on a coach and have to stop where the coaches stop.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:01 pm

I think Villa may be the 5th most decorated club in all time trophies.

Re: UPDATED ' ASTON VILLA FANS COMING TO CARDIFF '

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:18 pm

" UPDATED "

Well over 4,500 tickets now sold to Aston Villa Fans :thumbright:

Don't forget they will have fans on holiday as well and the game is not that big to them.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:01 pm

I would love to know why they think they are the 5th biggest club in the country or in England I think a few other clubs in England could lay claim to that I don't think they would make my top ten to be honest with you

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:54 pm

I would love to know who they consider to be 4th because after Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool, there is not much of a muchness.

The next bracket always used to be Villa, Spurs, Man City & Everton but now we have Chelsea.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:20 pm

AV3 wrote:

I wouldn't be 'hitting' Newport if I was you mate you won't get out of that dump alive!

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Less than 250 tickets left for the villa away end now, (/84 play <O>

Fair

BrettyBluebird wrote:Less than 250 tickets left for the villa away end now, (/84 play <O>

:thumbright:

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:57 pm

I wouldn't be 'hitting' Newport if I was you mate you won't get out of that dump alive!

LOL Not my ideal stopping off point either but as I'm on the coaches, I don't have much choice.

I'm guessing that they don't allow coaches into Cardiff before a certain time which is why they're stopping off before?

It's difficult to find pubs out in the sticks that will take in 2,3,4 or 5 coachloads, so sometimes, places like Newport are the only option.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:51 am

AV3 wrote:

LOL Not my ideal stopping off point either but as I'm on the coaches, I don't have much choice.

I'm guessing that they don't allow coaches into Cardiff before a certain time which is why they're stopping off before?

It's difficult to find pubs out in the sticks that will take in 2,3,4 or 5 coachloads, so sometimes, places like Newport are the only option.

Yeah you're right.
When you get into Cardiff the coaches will be driven straight into the ground through a dedicated entrance. It's just off a dual carriageway which is just off the M4 so you won't see any of the City really.
Enjoy the game!

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:46 am

20,000 tickets sold

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:57 am

BrettyBluebird wrote:20,000 tickets sold

Liam,

Over 20,000 tickets now sold for #CardiffCity vs. @AVFCOfficial!

Not good really as that includes over 4,500 Villa fans.

Should be looking at a crowd of at least 26,000 plus, with Villa bringing nearly 5,000.

At least it is pay on the day for City fans :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:53 am

Great news, looks like we have sold 16K so far, with 2 more days to go and 3/4 K walk ups the crowd should be around 26/27k which is what most of us predicted.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:26 pm

10/08/17

Now Over 4,600 Villa Villa tickets Sold :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:28 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:Great news, looks like we have sold 16K so far, with 2 more days to go and 3/4 K walk ups the crowd should be around 26/27k which is what most of us predicted.

Bobby, with Villa's fantastic away support, City should get at least 26,000 for this game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:03 am

Neil Warnock:"I would not give them any,our fans should turn up if they've got any feelings for the club "

On Aston Villa's allocation

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We gave them a few thousand tickets - not my idea - but if it was my decision I wouldn’t give them any"

" I’d like our supporters to bring a friend get it up to 25k mark, it’s a nice time of the year, they’re going to get 100% effort from my team, and when you see the big money spendings like John Terry to come in"

"Even if you’ve not seen us before should come. You can tell around the city and other areas they’re coming back to the club. Speaking to Vincent and Mehmet and Ken, I stressed how important it is we’re all together and I’m enjoying it at the moment.”

“If they’ve got any feelings for the club, now’s the time to come on board and turning up" :ayatollah:

"Villa will have nearly 5,000 fans here"

What can new fans that haven't seen Cardiff before expect from your side?

NEIL WARNOCK:

“They would get value for money. If they’ve got any feelings for the club, now’s the time to come on board. We need everybody. As the bookies say, we’re in the bottom half, but when you get 20,000 fans behind you…., Villa will make a right racket and we’ve got to match that, as we did against them around Christmas last year, but I think we can do even better. I think they know now it’s not just a one-off and we’re talking a good game, I think they know they’re going to get good value for money, whatever the result, and they can be proud of their own club."

"I think that’s what I’m delighted about in, putting the pride back in the club and getting everybody behind us. The more people through the turnstiles the better for us.”

"I thrive on fans wanting value for money and triers, and I think that’s what they’ve got now, they’ve got triers. We have got quite a bit of ability as well but people don’t give as much credit for, but I’m not too bothered about that, we can keep that under wraps for now. recognise that as much.”