Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CARIBOU CUP - 2ND ROUND DRAW DETAILS

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:05 am

Carabao Cup Second Round Draw TV details:
By Sean McCormick

Teams involved in the second round stage and will learn their opponents on Thursday - here is how you can follow it live

Clubs and fans will find out their Carabao Cup second-round opponents this week, as they look to embark on a cup run during the 2017/18 season.

When is the Carabao Cup second-round draw?

The draw takes place on Thursday, August 10

Can I follow the Carabao Cup second-round draw live?

Yes, you can.

The Carabao Cup second-round draw will take place live on Sky Sports News at around 10pm following the Bury versus Sunderland televised Round One tie

When will the second-round be played?

All second-round games will take place during the week commencing Monday, August 21.

Who can face who?

25 'seeded' teams will enter the second round with 13 Premier League clubs entering at this stage of the competition.

They will be drawn against one of the 25 unseeded teams, which will consist of the 25 lowest ranked teams remaining in the competition, in terms of last season’s league position.

Premier League clubs involved in European competition (Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur) all received byes to the third round owing to their participation in the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League

Re: CARIBOU CUP - 2ND ROUND DRAW DETAILS

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:15 am

Newport County, Cheltenham and Bristol Rovers all went through tonight, wouldn't mind any of them sides away. if not, another home tie against someone easily beatable.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:20 am

adamt958 wrote:Newport County, Cheltenham and Bristol Rovers all went through tonight, wouldn't mind any of them sides away. if not, another home tie against someone easily beatable.

Neil Warnock wants a 'big' club and I'm with him on that. Bigger games bring bigger crowds and (unlike last night) an atmosphere. I always like to see us in a 'challenge' and we have pulled off some beauties over the years; and if we don't, it's no biggie when you lose to a higher placed side! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:57 am

We will be seeded for this surely meaning we can't draw one of the 'big' sides ?

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:04 pm

If 13 prem sides that surely means the other 12 seeded sides will include us as the last seeded team we were 12th in the league last season and they go on final league position last season.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:20 pm

The biggest team we can draw is a bottom half championship team

I'd rather league 1 or 2 teams than championship

Draw the big teams in the next round

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:34 pm

Wouldnt fancy drawing Newport they looking gòd this season. I reckon we will draw the Jacks!

Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:36 pm

CARDIFF v SWANSEA
CARDIFF v NEWPORT
CARDIFF v MAN UTD
CARDIFF v CHELSEA
CARDIFF v MAN CITY
CARDIFF v ARSENAL
CARDIFF v TOTTENHAM (HAHA AFTER LAST NIGHTS CHANT WE WILL BE AT WEMBLEY IF WE DREW TO SPURS)
CARDIFF v LIVERPOOL

Of course I would love it Home or Away as I think any Premier League team would be huge for the Bluebirds. :bluescarf:
Fingers crossed for any above though

Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:57 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:CARDIFF v SWANSEA
CARDIFF v NEWPORT
CARDIFF v MAN UTD
CARDIFF v CHELSEA
CARDIFF v MAN CITY
CARDIFF v ARSENAL
CARDIFF v TOTTENHAM (HAHA AFTER LAST NIGHTS CHANT WE WILL BE AT WEMBLEY IF WE DREW TO SPURS)
CARDIFF v LIVERPOOL

Of course I would love it Home or Away as I think any Premier League team would be huge for the Bluebirds. :bluescarf:

Drawing the likes of Bournemouth or Watford wouldn't be much of an excitement.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Apparently cannot draw Jacks as we are both seeded

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:09 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:CARDIFF v SWANSEA
CARDIFF v NEWPORT
CARDIFF v MAN UTD
CARDIFF v CHELSEA
CARDIFF v MAN CITY
CARDIFF v ARSENAL
CARDIFF v LIVERPOOL

Newport are the only team we can possibly draw out of all of those teams!

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:51 pm

Seems you are correct that WE are one of the seeded teams, so cannot play any of the 'big' teams :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:05 pm

Newport is the team I'd love to draw. We've not had a competitive game against them in a while, preferably away.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:04 pm

Imagine drawing Spurs at Wembley know that would be intersting

Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:08 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:Imagine drawing Spurs at Wembley know that would be intersting

Spurs won't be in this draw.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Newport home for me

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:24 pm

Would like Cheltenham away providing I could get a ticket it's 25 mins from mine

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:13 pm

Anyone other than another championship team please. Newport away would be ideal.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Blackburn at home would be great. Give Whitts the chance to say goodbye properly :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:31 am

Sven wrote:Carabao Cup Second Round Draw TV details:
By Sean McCormick

Teams involved in the second round stage and will learn their opponents on Thursday - here is how you can follow it live

Clubs and fans will find out their Carabao Cup second-round opponents this week, as they look to embark on a cup run during the 2017/18 season.

Yes, you can.

The Carabao Cup second-round draw will take place live on Sky Sports News at around 10pm following the Bury versus Sunderland televised Round One tie

All second-round games will take place during the week commencing Monday, August 21.

Who can face who?

25 'seeded' teams will enter the second round with 13 Premier League clubs entering at this stage of the competition.

They will be drawn against one of the 25 unseeded teams, which will consist of the 25 lowest ranked teams remaining in the competition, in terms of last season’s league position.

Premier League clubs involved in European competition (Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur) all received byes to the third round owing to their participation in the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League

When do the Elks enter the competition

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:08 am

Fusilier52 wrote:
Sven wrote:Carabao Cup Second Round Draw TV details:
By Sean McCormick

Yes, you can.

Who can face who?

When do the Elks enter the competition

Not sure. Is that another Gnu competition? :laughing6: :laughing6: :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:09 pm

CARDIFF CITY CAN NOT PLAY NEWPORT COUNTY

Tonight’s Carabao Cup Round Two draw will take place on Sky Sports News from 10pm.

The draw, which remains seeded and unseeded, has been regionalised to avoid a fixture scheduling complication involving West Ham United and Newport County, who have both been given special dispensation by the EFL Board to play their Round Two ties away from their home grounds.

Newport County have been placed in the Northern half of the draw to ensure there is no chance of the two teams being drawn together.

The regional groups and draw numbers are as follows:

South seeds:

1. AFC Bournemouth
2. Brentford
3. Brighton & Hove Albion
4. Cardiff City
5. Crystal Palace
6. Fulham
7. Norwich City
8. Reading
9. Southampton
10. Swansea City
11. Watford
12. West Ham United

North seeds:

1. Aston Villa
2. Burnley
3. Derby County / Grimsby Town
4. Huddersfield Town
5. Hull City
6. Leeds United
7. Leicester City
8. Middlesbrough
9. Newcastle United
10. Sheffield Wednesday
11. Stoke City
12. West Bromwich Albion
13. Sunderland / Barnsley *

South non-seeds:

13. Barnet
14. Birmingham City
15. Bristol City
16. Bristol Rovers
17. Burton Albion
18. Charlton Athletic
19. Cheltenham Town
20. Ipswich Town
21. Millwall
22. Milton Keynes Dons
23. Queens Park Rangers
24. Wolverhampton Wanderers

North non-seeds:

14. Bury / Barnsley*
15. Accrington Stanley
16. Blackburn Rovers
17. Bolton Wanderers
18. Carlisle United
19. Doncaster Rovers
20. Newport County
21. Nottingham Forest
22. Rochdale
23. Rotherham United
24. Scunthorpe United
25. Sheffield United
26. Wigan Athletic

* In the event Sunderland overcome Bury this evening at the Energy Check Stadium at Gigg Lane, Barnsley will drop into the unseeded pot. If there is a home win then the Oakwell Club will be seeded at ball number 13 in the Northern draw and Bury will be ball 14.

In addition, the winners of the outstanding fixture between Grimsby Town and Derby County (rearranged to be played on August 22) will be ball 3 in the North seeded pot. This is because Derby County would have been a seeded team if they had won Tuesday’s night’s abandoned game based on last season’s final league position.

Meanwhile, the EFL have today confirmed that the Round Three draw, in conjunction with cup sponsors Carabao, will take place in Beijing, China on August 24, 2017. Full details to be announced in due course.