A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock: " Cardiff City's Squad Strength "

Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:37 pm

CHAMPIONSHIP

Warnock pleased with squad strength

2017-08-09

ClubCall

Championship: Warnock pleased with squad strength

Neil Warnock has said he's satisfied with his Cardiff City squad after watching them battle past Portsmouth in the Carabao Cup.

The Bluebirds are through to the second round of the competition after seeing off Pompey 2-1 after extra time on Tuesday evening.

Afterwards, Warnock was asked if he plans to add to his squad before the transfer window closes and, while he admits there's always room for a couple of new signings, he is satisfied with the players at his disposal.

"The squad is as good as it can be really. I think we’re competitive. Everyone wants another one or two players but we have to keep going."

Warnock was pleased with his players' fitness but admitted they had been poor in the first half of normal time.

He added: "I had a fair few words at half-time. "Second half and extra time we were super, fitness wise, although then (we were) missing great chances to win the game.

"All credit to them persevering. I thought the fitness once again showed through. I thought that at Burton on Saturday."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil Warnock: " Cardiff City's Squad Strength "

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Everyone knows we are 2 players short of a genuine promotion push...Warnock is well aware of this as well

Don't be surprised if we get a couple of players in..as well as 3/4 gong out.
. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:00 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Everyone knows we are 2 players short of a genuine promotion push...Warnock is well aware of this as well

I agree. He's very diplomatic and is saying the right things.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:26 am

Yeah we certainly need another CM as we are short for cover their would also like another striker for cover if I was being greedy.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:38 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Everyone knows we are 2 players short of a genuine promotion push...Warnock is well aware of this as well

Agree!

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:05 am

2 signings away from top 6, I would love a midfielder to be ledley and a striker to put pressure on zahore, let's face it he has no competion for his shirt!