Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Loic Damour

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:41 am

What are your thoughts? After so many failed foreign buys, im quite impressed.

These sort of players either leave and go back home the following season or they leave for bigger and better things the following season. I think he could be a very useful addition and pushing for a regular start. A bit of a Mark Bonner with aggression!

Not going to set the world alight but deffo a player who can contribute a lot to what could be a very good season.

Future fan favourite? Any thoughts so far?

Re: Loic Damour

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:46 am

Barclay1 wrote:What are your thoughts? After so many failed foreign buys, im quite impressed.

These sort of players either leave and go back home the following season or they leave for bigger and better things the following season. I think he could be a very useful addition and pushing for a regular start. A bit of a Mark Bonner with aggression!

Not going to set the world alight but deffo a player who can contribute a lot to what could be a very good season.

Future fan favourite? Any thoughts so far?

The new Gareth Stoker (hopefully without the injuries) :D

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:49 am

Maybe the new Phil Bater?? Hardest player ive seen play for the City!

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:53 am

I'd say give the guy a chance to settle down and judge him after at least half a dozen games or more.
Probably the vast majority of fans haven't even seen him play yet.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:18 am

hes raw. very raw. We saw tale of two halves with him v Pompey.
First his passing was poor, positioning was poor. but run.
second half the complete opposite.

but all in all it was promising due to the second half on wards.

he showed he had a good engine in him.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:42 am

I don't think against pompey he was at his best BUT I blame O'Keefe largerly who regularly left his side and left a gaping hole through the middle - Damour was running towards opposition players like a mad man! With next to no support from O'Keefe.

Once O'Keefe left he was much sturdier

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:05 pm

First half he was against 2 or 3 Pompey players with O'keefe AWOL ,allowing Kyle Bennett the freedom to run the show :banghead: .2nd half ,like the team much improved ,at least he tried to keep the ball on the deck .You can see why he's been brought in ,gives us energy and legs in centre mid :bluescarf:

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:33 pm

Theo Wyndham-Bassett wrote:First half he was against 2 or 3 Pompey players with O'keefe AWOL ,allowing Kyle Bennett the freedom to run the show :banghead: .2nd half ,like the team much improved ,at least he tried to keep the ball on the deck .You can see why he's been brought in ,gives us energy and legs in centre mid :bluescarf:

i felt like some times (1st half) he was closing down players next to O'Keefe which he never needed to do. Don't get me wrong. He showed hunger and the right attitude.
But i think hes just a bit raw. Which isnt a negative.