Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Allen?

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:05 am

SWANS REBUFFED IN ALLEN ENQUIRY

11/08/17

Stoke City say they have had an approach from Swansea City for midfielder Joe Allen.

The Swans have been told he is not for sale and Stoke consider that the end of the matter.

Re: Joe Allen?

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:07 am

Joe Allen is a world class player and doesnt get the recognition for what he's done for Wales.

I would always pick him ahead of Ramsey and Bale, not on skills but what he brings to the team as a whole.

I know I am biased being Welsh but without Allen Stoke could be lower Prem instead of mid table.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:18 pm

cardiffblue74 wrote:Joe Allen is a world class player and doesnt get the recognition for what he's done for Wales.

I would always pick him ahead of Ramsey and Bale, not on skills but what he brings to the team as a whole.

I know I am biased being Welsh but without Allen Stoke could be lower Prem instead of mid table.

world class? lol :lol:

Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:26 pm

Commentators did'nt stop praising him last year. Jacks down by March. City up by mid April.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:28 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
cardiffblue74 wrote:Joe Allen is a world class player and doesnt get the recognition for what he's done for Wales.

haha yeah, I mean Joe Allen is a really good player and I am one of his biggest admirers but he is not world class, that word gets thrown around far to often. he's defo my 2nd fav welsh player behind Bale though.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:51 pm

We lost Ramsey for the semi-final vs. Portugal and it left a gaping whole in the midfield and we never got to grips with a team we really should have beaten.

That said Joe Allen is an excellent player and Wales are lucky to have him, but he is definitely third behind Bale and Ramsey as Wales' best player.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:54 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

haha yeah, I mean Joe Allen is a really good player and I am one of his biggest admirers but he is not world class, that word gets thrown around far to often. he's defo my 2nd fav welsh player behind Bale though.

There are probably 2 world class players in football at the moment Messi and Ronaldo so I fully agree. Allen is easily an International/Premiership class player but nowhere near 'world class'

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 am

Probably offered 50p and a packet of cheese and onion from the back of the cupboard