Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock on facing Aston Villa

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:35 am

On facing Aston Villa

NEIL WARNOCK:

"They’re still one of those teams aren’t they."

"I used to love the colour of the shirts as a kid all those years ago. There’s an aura about the club and that’s why Steve went there, it should be in top-half of the Premier League as a club."

"It’s a great challenge for us and I’m looking forward to see how they cope with the quality they’ve got. We’ve not got their money, I’ve been quite pleased with the money we’ve spent. We’re not the other end of the scale, but I didn’t feel we had to spend that money. He’s got a different job to me, he’s got to please them all when they all expect to be in the team.”

Re: Neil Warnock on facing Aston Villa

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:45 am

Will Cardiff need a cup mentality against Villa?

NEIL WARNOCK:

“Well if we lose to Villa it won’t be a shock. If we win it might be but I think we’ll be like that against all the big teams, the sides that have come down, your Sheffield Wednesdays, Leeds, and all these clubs we’ll be underdogs going into all these. And that’s probably the best we can be really, that helps us in that determination."

"In every walk of life, people want to show what they can do. Our lads are no different. I could see yesterday the lads are all really looking forward to it."

"Then my old club Sheffield United and another good game, it’s a good four days for us. There will be highs and lows, despondency and euphoria, that’s the Championship!”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.