Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock:"I would not give them any,our fans should "

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:38 am

Neil Warnock:"I would not give them any,our fans should turn up if they've got any feelings for the club "

On Aston Villa's allocation

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We gave them a few thousand tickets - not my idea - but if it was my decision I wouldn’t give them any"

" I’d like our supporters to bring a friend get it up to 25k mark, it’s a nice time of the year, they’re going to get 100% effort from my team, and when you see the big money spendings like John Terry to come in"

"Even if you’ve not seen us before should come. You can tell around the city and other areas they’re coming back to the club. Speaking to Vincent and Mehmet and Ken, I stressed how important it is we’re all together and I’m enjoying it at the moment.”

“If they’ve got any feelings for the club, now’s the time to come on board and turning up" :ayatollah:

"Villa will have nearly 5,000 fans here"

What can new fans that haven't seen Cardiff before expect from your side?

NEIL WARNOCK:

“They would get value for money. If they’ve got any feelings for the club, now’s the time to come on board. We need everybody. As the bookies say, we’re in the bottom half, but when you get 20,000 fans behind you…., Villa will make a right racket and we’ve got to match that, as we did against them around Christmas last year, but I think we can do even better. I think they know now it’s not just a one-off and we’re talking a good game, I think they know they’re going to get good value for money, whatever the result, and they can be proud of their own club."

"I think that’s what I’m delighted about in, putting the pride back in the club and getting everybody behind us. The more people through the turnstiles the better for us.”

"I thrive on fans wanting value for money and triers, and I think that’s what they’ve got now, they’ve got triers. We have got quite a bit of ability as well but people don’t give as much credit for, but I’m not too bothered about that, we can keep that under wraps for now. recognise that as much.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil Warnock:"I would not give them any,our fans should

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:43 am

The club / team / manager haven't done anything YET this season to out a call on fans to turn up.

We will get what we deserve. If NW comes good then they will come.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:Neil Warnock:"I would not give them any,our fans should "

On Aston Villa's allocation

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We gave them a few thousand tickets - not my idea - but if it was my decision I wouldn’t give them any"

" I’d like our supporters to bring a friend get it up to 25k mark, it’s a nice time of the year, they’re going to get 100% effort from my team, and when you see the big money spendings like John Terry to come in"

"Even if you’ve not seen us before should come. You can tell around the city and other areas they’re coming back to the club. Speaking to Vincent and Mehmet and Ken, I stressed how important it is we’re all together and I’m enjoying it at the moment.”

yoj just gotta love NW.
I really hope the fans start coming back. If we have s good start I think they will

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:47 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

“They would get value for money. If they’ve got any feelings for the club, now’s the time to come on board. We need everybody. As the bookies say, we’re in the bottom half, but when you get 20,000 fans behind you…., Villa will make a right racket and we’ve got to match that, as we did against them around Christmas last year, but I think we can do even better. I think they know now it’s not just a one-off and we’re talking a good game, I think they know they’re going to get good value for money, whatever the result, and they can be proud of their own club."

"I think that’s what I’m delighted about in, putting the pride back in the club and getting everybody behind us. The more people through the turnstiles the better for us.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:53 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

"From my younger days when I went to Ninian Park, I used to think that I’d love to get hold of this club. Because these fans are my kind of fans. I’ve said before, this just feels right with being the type of manager that I am."

"I thrive on fans wanting value for money and triers, and I think that’s what they’ve got now, they’ve got triers. We have got quite a bit of ability as well but people don’t give as much credit for, but I’m not too bothered about that, we can keep that under wraps for now. recognise that as much.”

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:53 am

Thing is we're not going to sell anywhere near 25k on a regular bases in the championship so offer clubs that want it 5,000 but invest the extra money into the squad come January/ next summer.

Also large away support normally comes with big expectation and can easily get on their teams back.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:05 am

I think I read the club is only allowed to do ticket giveaways x amount of times per season so prehaps they are waiting until latter stages. Although first home game against villa for a give away would certainly attract from attention early on.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:59 am

From FB reply

Aston Williams
You can fill the stands,but that doesn't create an atmosphere. Fans need to sing and chant. Need a good compare on the mic to get the fans going. Bring back Ali I say. Support the boys and make some noise :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Cant blame the club for giving them extra tickets, if our fans bought up all the tickets they wouldn't consider it.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:55 pm

Wayne S wrote:The club / team / manager haven't done anything YET this season to out a call on fans to turn up.

We will get what we deserve. If NW comes good then they will come.

We've recruited well and won our first two games. Can't have done much more really as we've only played two games! I think Warnock is right to big us up based on his own confidence in the players he's got. Some spondulik has to try and get the fans on board because unfortunately our floating fans are apathetic and need a bit of geeing up. If and when we start to fly though they'll all want a ticket. And if we all bring a friend we'll fill the place. :thumbup:

Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:33 pm

If ever there was a time to come out and support the City, It's Now !!
First home game of the season against a big club.With the ex England and Chelsea captain John Terry playing
A number of new players to see and a team that will give 100%
A Manager in Warnock that demands effort from every player who puts on the Blue shirt of Cardiff.
The Club are trying to do the right things going forward
It's time for the fans to do the right thing.
Come out tomorrow and support the boys,support the Club. We are Bluebirds !!!

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:11 pm

Love that NW said that. Yes Villa are a big club but I don't see why they should be given special treatment that benefits them and affects City fans (those in family stand that have had to move seats). Still, it's helped to get the City fans out in big numbers and the stadium will be rocking tomorrow. Can't wait :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:01 am

I agree with Warnock.
It's time people got off their arses and supported the club

Anyone who wants a successful local club in South Wales should back the club who have done their bit by getting a superb manager and decent squad here at a fantastic stadium.

Stop the moaning and get down and support your local team.